X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: The Golden Era Reborn

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Francis Underwood just sent me an email:
    This was coming regardless of POTUS Clinton, or POTUS Trump.

Comment

HoC...

Show jumped the shark with Claire as running mate and I LOVED the first couple seasons. Seriously binged.

I will say though that the trailer has me excited and I'll definitely see where it's going before I give up on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        Show jumped the shark with Claire as running mate
        It went up its own as-s when it did that, true, but the Claire-heavy seasons have still been good.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          I didnt get one :/
          Mine arrived during the night. Either it's going to all of their customers or those who've watched prior seasons.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I am both...looks like Frank might lose my vote
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              I am both...looks like Frank might lose my vote
              I wonder if followers on Tweeter count towards the influence....

And Better Call Saul: Wow.

"Bingo." I can only pose a tinfoil theory, mostly involving the language involved in the thing about the stuff. Maybe some foreshadowing in the previous scene.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                HoC...

Show jumped the shark with Claire as running mate and I LOVED the first couple seasons. Seriously binged.

I will say though that the trailer has me excited and I'll definitely see where it's going before I give up on it.
                Three was meh, but four got a little more serious, even with the Claire stuff.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

This last season of HoC....got real again.

Just sayin'.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                    Three was meh, but four got a little more serious, even with the Claire stuff.
                    I agree with this. I think the show was trying to take a breath from the Michael Bay Escalation Spiral, which was a noble effort. They just didn't have the writing chops to pull it off. But they realized this and went back to the 'splosions in S4, and I'm fine with that -- this aint Masterpiece Theater, it's Grand Guignol.
                    Last edited by Kepler; 05-03-2017, 03:00 PM.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I have no idea what the eff is going on in The Leftovers, or where in the hell they are going with this thing.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                        I have no idea what the eff is going on in The Leftovers, or where in the hell they are going with this thing.
                        I'm enjoying this season though

Comment

The latest episode with Scott Glenn was great. When he fell off the roof, I was laughing my azz off.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            This last season of HoC....got real again.

Just sayin'.
                            Looks like it will take the turn I thought last season would, but I also thought they would try to wrap it up in four seasons. As long as it isn't another season three I'll be happy.
                            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

The Americans:

Revived some dead storylines....dunno where they are going with this. Should be interesting. I hope it's interesting.

Comment

This week's Fargo was wonderful. It was the perfect braiding together of three stories. I absolutely loved the robot story.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X