This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: The Golden Era Reborn

Watched the first episode of The Handmaid's Tale.

Ho. Ly. Sh. It.

It's dark. It's creepy. It's dystopian yet so right now.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Replacing the laughtrack in Big Bang Theory with Ricky Gervais' laugh.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Just you wait.
        Legion's ep. 6 was still the highest on the weird factor. The rest of it was pretty straight forward, I thought. Except when Ep. 7 did the homage to silent movies, the rest of it seemed pretty much a by-the-books wrap up. The visuals were excellent, though, especially in how they presented Lenny, and Aubrey Plaza's performance.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

The final three or four episodes were something special.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Neil Gaiman's American Gods series has begun on the Starz network. I really hope they release that to dvd/blu-ray because I'm not getting a subscription to that network, and they're not likely to release the show to Hulu or Netflix. The book was really good.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              Neil Gaiman's American Gods series has begun on the Starz network. I really hope they release that to dvd/blu-ray because I'm not getting a subscription to that network, and they're not likely to release the show to Hulu or Netflix. The book was really good.
              That book was OUTSTANDING and very much outside of my interests for reading. I could not put it down. I am sad that it is only on Starz. I really am curious to how they are going to portray it in tv form
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Feud: Bette and Joan was fantastic all the way through. I thought Sarandon's (Bette) was the better of the two performances but Jessica Lange (Crawford) won me over in the end.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Francis Underwood just sent me an email:

My Fellow Americans,
                  All my life, I've devoted myself to our fine country. Protecting your freedoms is my greatest honor. In dark times like these we must keep our eyes open and watch out for each other. As May 30th approaches, I need your loyalty more than ever. Can Claire and I count on you?
                  My staff doesn't believe in propaganda, but we do believe you'll enjoy this video trailer.
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I didnt get one :/
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      I just got mine now

Comment

The Roosevelts is an absolute masterpiece.

My dad had been harping on me watch it for almost a year now. I'm 1.5 episodes in and it's just incredible.
                        Code:

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          I just got mine now
                          I got one. Cannot wait.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Also, anyone catch the premiere of American Gods (Starz channel) last night? It was mentioned earlier....

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              I didn't get one either...
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                Feud: Bette and Joan was fantastic all the way through. I thought Sarandon's (Bette) was the better of the two performances but Jessica Lange (Crawford) won me over in the end.
                                Saw E1 last month on vacation, but I don't get cable. I expect it'll hit Netflix by the fall.

Comment

Working...
                                X