This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: The Golden Era Reborn

Well the book didnt glorify suicide from what I am told so the whiners can suck it
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Good gravy Better Call Saul is the epitome of a slow burn.

Comment

Veep back, episode 1 was so-so, mostly because Selina was meh. Ben's scene was excellent; the Dan arc has potential.

I'm ready for Catherine to disappear. She adds nothing.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          Well the book didnt glorify suicide from what I am told so the whiners can suck it
          I looked up the show/book...I don't think I really want to watch that, however good it might be. Man, depressing.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Veep back, episode 1 was so-so, mostly because Selina was meh. Ben's scene was excellent; the Dan arc has potential.

I thought it was the weakest VEEP episode in a long time. They need to get the show to a point where all the main characters are together interacting with each other regularly again. Having a bunch of them off separate doing their own things just didn't work for me.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              I looked up the show/book...I don't think I really want to watch that, however good it might be. Man, depressing.
              It sucks, but it's still a powerful thing to see

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                It sucks, but it's still a powerful thing to see
                FTR:

Saw Kids. Worth it, won't see again.
                Saw Requiem For A Dream (director's cut). VERY much worth it. Won't see again.
                Schindler's List: won't see. I will never be in the "mood" for seeing it, and no desire to see that material (also see: Passion Of Christ).
                This show? Same thought process.

I have no doubt of the quality of the mentioned, the ones I've seen have been excellent, and having said that...I have reference and would rather not see such subject matter.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

The uber I got into was playing Highway to the Danger Zone. I almost yelled "LANA!" when I got in.

I did not.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    I feel like they almost left the ending open for a second season.
                    I've also heard some complaints that they glorified suicide. I am by no means an expert, but I didn't feel that way. That particular scene was terrible to watch and in fact I flinched so much I couldn't watch it all.
                    I wondered about what they could do for a second season and came up with nothing. No idea what should happen. It would be interesting to see everyone's journey after the end, but how would you wrap Hannah back into the story... No idea why some think it glorified suicide. I didn't get that at all. A lot of the show was people thinking about their role in it and how things could have been different.

Comment

Better Call Saul:

Almost, almost, almost an answer (or answers) then DAMMIT! Loving it, despite the frustration. That payoff better be good. I will give credit for a half-payoff for a certain parking lot clip; you just KNOW. And now you need proof.

Comment

Watched the first few episodes of Brockmire on IFC. Hilarious. Hank Azaria is absolutely great in this.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          Watched the first few episodes of Brockmire on IFC. Hilarious. Hank Azaria is absolutely great in this.
                          That's the announcer one, with Amanda Peet? Have heard good things.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            That's the announcer one, with Amanda Peet? Have heard good things.
                            Yeah, thats the one. Its good.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                              Yeah, thats the one. Its good.
                              It helps that both Azaria and Peet are great at their craft. Different levels, but great.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Richard is the stand out character for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X