Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: TV: The Golden Era Reborn

Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar

Re: TV: The Golden Era Reborn

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    I have to go back and watch this sometime. Dr. Mrs. and I watched the first season and then literally forgot about it. At the time it looked promising but kept relying on standard "24" style nonsense and was getting progressively dumber as it went along. But people responded really well to the later seasons and I'd like to try it with fresh eyes. Especially since, you know, it all came true.
    The sad part is now we have to start over soon on finding something else that we both enjoy and haven't watched that has a bunch of episodes.
    We've binged through Breaking Bad, Revenge, Parenthood, Making a Murder and now Person of Interest. I'm not sure if I'm missing anything but I remember those...
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits...Posted by Yager on 12/18/09: Remember, remember, the 18th of October (2003).

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Quote Originally Posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    The sad part is now we have to start over soon on finding something else that we both enjoy and haven't watched that has a bunch of episodes.
    We've binged through Breaking Bad, Revenge, Parenthood, Making a Murder and now Person of Interest. I'm not sure if I'm missing anything but I remember those...
    Always dig out The X-Files. They just announced another new season.

Last night The Black List tied up a lot of loose ends and Mr. Kaplan being by far my favorite Black List character it was by far the best episode of the show for me. A+
    Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 04-21-2017 at 10:00 AM.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Always dig out The X-Files. They just announced another new season.

Last night The Black List tied up a lot of loose ends and Mr. Kaplan being by far my favorite Black List character it was by far the best episode of the show for me. A+
    I've periodically thought about pulling out all the X-Files stand-alone episodes and rewatching them. In my opinion, they were usually the best episodes.

The Post-Modern Prometheus is still one of my favorite one hour of television ever.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

It's the Golden Age of Television, something great will come along. In the meantime I recommend Battlestar Galactica, Mad Men, House of Cards, Fargo, Stranger Things, and Game of Thrones. And of course, Westworld, the best of them all.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    It's the Golden Age of Television, something great will come along. In the meantime I recommend Battlestar Galactica, Mad Men, House of Cards, Fargo, Stranger Things, and Game of Thrones. And of course, Westworld, the best of them all.
    I've done Stranger Things, Game of Thrones and Westworld...she has no interest there. I think Mad Men and West Wing are where I'm leaning towards trying next...I know she's watch some mad men but we shall see.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits...Posted by Yager on 12/18/09: Remember, remember, the 18th of October (2003).

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Opposite Girl

I've done Stranger Things, Game of Thrones and Westworld...she has no interest there. I think Mad Men and West Wing are where I'm leaning towards trying next...I know she's watch some mad men but we shall see.
    What about The Americans?

Wife and I have tried Mad Men more than once and can never get into it. We're watching Schitt's Creek right now and it is exceeding expectations. Nothing mind blowing but entertaining and plenty of laughs.

Quote Originally Posted by jerphisch View Post
    Wife and I have tried Mad Men more than once and can never get into it. We're watching Schitt's Creek right now and it is exceeding expectations. Nothing mind blowing but entertaining and plenty of laughs.
    I liked Schitts Creek also.

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory

speaking of good television...my wife and I have like 10 episodes of Person of Interest left...We've both loved the show but I think we've both felt like its gotten a little too over the top with the epic battle that has been the over arching story line since the end of season 3?
    I liked the epic battle, I thought it brought a sense of gravity, of purpose, to the show whereas the first season or two was just the "victim of the week" setup. I thought it's last couple of seasons it was the best show on network tv, and definitely one of, if not the, smartest. And while Scooby will always have Root, I loved the Shaw character. The episode that introduced her was one of the best episodes on tv, maybe the best episode of POI.
    Last edited by rufus; 04-21-2017 at 12:36 PM.
    Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    I liked the epic battle, I thought it brought a sense of gravity, of purpose, to the show whereas the first season or two was just the "victim of the week" setup. I thought it's last couple of seasons it was the best show on network tv, and definitely one of, if not the, smartest. And while Scooby will always have Root, I loved the Shaw character. The episode that introduced her was one of the best episodes on tv, maybe the best episode of POI.
    I love the Shaw character, now that she's back after her pregnancy break, maybe I'll enjoy it more...I understand the epic and I have enjoyed it, but its getting a little over the top in some respects. Personally, I prefer the over arching storylines to the weekly stuff, but it has to feel grounded in reality.

Fargo is off to a good start. The whole vibe of the show is just perfect, regardless of what the actual plot is. How do they come up with a couple that is trying to take over the traveling bridge circuit?
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Fargo S3 did have a great start which pleased me greatly.

For some reason despite how much I enjoyed S1 of the Blacklist I couldn't get past E1 or 2 of S2 and never returned. I can't explain it, but the same thing happened to me for Lost, Prison Break and 24. S1 and done for me.

Gomorrah S3 starts up again in May. This is an Italian series about a modern crime family and is very well done. I highly recommend.

Oh I completely forgot that we both loved Shameless (US)

Lucia Apologist

Oh ****. Fargo already started?

It didn't record for me.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Oh ****. Fargo already started?

It didn't record for me.
    Hmm. Me neither.

Maybe staggered dates?
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

Fargo started this week.

I'll put in a vote for Rectify. Solid, but not outstanding series.

Guy who has spent 25 years on Death Row gets conviction overturned, and returns to the small town where he grew up (and where the alleged crime took place). Obviously, most believe he did it. And.....go.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Not Deplorable FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

So I saw 15 minutes of Tucker Carlson on the plane this afternoon. That was enough for a lifetime. He conducted his entire panel in the voice of Alex Jones, with the demeanor of a 16 year-old girl.

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    So I saw 15 minutes of Tucker Carlson on the plane this afternoon. That was enough for a lifetime. He conducted his entire panel in the voice of Alex Jones, with the demeanor of a 16 year-old girl.
    That's the kicker. Fox replaced bill with someone just as bad. They don't care.

Lucia Apologist

I stumbled onto an episode of Red Green. What a great show. I miss watching that show.

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Fargo is off to a good start. The whole vibe of the show is just perfect, regardless of what the actual plot is. How do they come up with a couple that is trying to take over the traveling bridge circuit?
    It's weird and kooky and I have no idea where they're going with it and I love it.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Thread Information