X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: The Golden Era Reborn

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Aren't they former roommates that were in each others' wedding?
    Don't know. But that was one of the hooks. In the alternate dimension, Sam and Dean, brothers, are now Jared and Jenson, actors who can't stand each other, playing the characters of Sam and Dean, brothers.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
      Don't know. But that was one of the hooks. In the alternate dimension, Sam and Dean, brothers, are now Jared and Jenson, actors who can't stand each other, playing the characters of Sam and Dean, brothers.
      Sounds like they were playing fictionalized versions of themselves because in real life I am pretty sure they dont hate each other at all. (which is what makes the episode funny)
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Anyone have a solution for getting Showtime that doesn't involve cable, and is easy to cancel after 3-4 months? Or am I totally fcked for the new Twin Peaks and waiting for DVD? Thought I could stream it on its own - nope. I thought YouTube TV might be the answer, especially since outside of premium channels, they seem to cater to sports fans who've cut the cord, but then I see they haven't gone live outside of 5 major cities (NYC, PHL, CHI, LA, and SFO) yet. Blah.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Anyone have a solution for getting Showtime that doesn't involve cable, and is easy to cancel after 3-4 months? Or am I totally fcked for the new Twin Peaks and waiting for DVD? Thought I could stream it on its own - nope. I thought YouTube TV might be the answer, especially since outside of premium channels, they seem to cater to sports fans who've cut the cord, but then I see they haven't gone live outside of 5 major cities (NYC, PHL, CHI, LA, and SFO) yet. Blah.
          why can't you do showtime stand alone app with subscription? Via fire tv or roku?
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            why can't you do showtime stand alone app with subscription? Via fire tv or roku?
            Yeah, I don't have any of those "streaming devices". I just have Netflix.

So does buying an AZ Fire or Roku device for the one-time fee make sense?

Comment

From what I've heard once you've bought one of those devices you'd find plenty of uses for them well beyond TP on Showtime to justify the cost.

Comment

How are you watching Netflix on your tv?
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  How are you watching Netflix on your tv?
                  Often just on my PC, or occasionally through my Samsung TV via PS3. Looked at the PS3 option, and it seems I'd have to buy PS3's monthly package as well. Not sure if I have the requisite Samsung TV to do the SmartTV option.

Comment

Often just on my PC, or occasionally through my Samsung TV via PS3. Looked at the PS3 option, and it seems I'd have to buy PS3's monthly package as well. Not sure if I have the requisite Samsung TV to do the SmartTV option.
                    Well roku streaming stick or fire stick are both only $30-40.

Comment

You can get Showtime as an add-on through Hulu, which can be viewed through a webpage, I think.

Go with the Roku over the Amazon TV Stick (or whatever it's called). The interface for the Amazon TV stick fails on mine way too often. I've not heard the same reports from people who own Roku devices.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        It's an 8.99 standalone fee per my understanding

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          It's an 8.99 standalone fee per my understanding
                          Is that through Showtime alone? Doesn't seem to be an option through the website...about 10 options through other services though.

I think I may have the solution - the Android app option - but it will require me to watch directly on my Moto phone or Kindle Fire. Seems to be $10.99/month, regardless.

Comment

Showtime anytime is their streaming service...will work on your comp like HBO Now does.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              Showtime anytime is their streaming service...will work on your comp like HBO Now does.
                              Not seeing how...

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                Pretty sure showtime anytime is comparable to hbo go where you need a tv provider login. Showtime is the stand alone like HBO now. And everything I'm seeing is $11/mo

Comment

Working...
                                X