X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: The Golden Era Reborn

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    I've got a LOT of catching up to do on that one.
    Depending on where you are, it's either going to get really messy, or it's really messy. The intertwining of everything is quite mesmerizing.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Witcher, one of the greatest games I've ever played, is getting its own Netflix series.

Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I'm just going to come out and say it. I've been watching a lot of Supernatural on Netflix.

Such a dumb show. But it's fun. Mindless goofy fun. Jensen Ackles is a funny dude.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
          I'm really getting fed up with some friends on my Facebook feed whining about how ABC's Last Man Standing was canceled "because of Tim Allen's politics!"

No, it was canceled because it was produced by 20th Century Fox and wasn't returning the profit margin that in-house ABC programs could for the same ratings.

If the show is so popular, why isn't FOX picking it up itself for FOX, FX, or FXX?
          Yeah it seems to be the annoying conservative cause of the week. Seriously saw links to petitions. It's annoying.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
            I'm just going to come out and say it. I've been watching a lot of Supernatural on Netflix.

Such a dumb show. But it's fun. Mindless goofy fun. Jensen Ackles is a funny dude.
            Is that that the one with two brothers? If so, I used to watch that back when reruns were on TNT. I can't remember the last time I watched it though.
            Last edited by dxmnkd316; 05-18-2017, 07:07 AM.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              Yeah it seems to be the annoying conservative cause of the week. Seriously saw links to petitions. It's annoying.
              yup bc conservatives are the only ones that have causes w/petitions for things that other people find silly...
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                yup bc conservatives are the only ones that have causes w/petitions for things that other people find silly...
                That isnt what he said...
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  That isnt what he said...
                  i don't really care what he said, I'm not going to allow one side to dominate this conversation. People do a lot of silly stuff but I don't come to the tv thread and complain about people I disagree with creating petitions to save shows they like. I've been a part of those before, but I guess it's not annoying if it doesn't have a political edge to it?

It makes sense that it's about money and the fact that fox owns the show, not abc but to insinuate that conservatives are just plain dumb for thinking politics played a role is wrong, bc you don't know. If a Friday night show can make money, then there really is no reason to cancel it.
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    Is that that the one with two brothers? If so, I used to watch that back when reruns were on TNT. I can't remember the last time I watched it though.
                    It is. I've lost count of how many sharks it has jumped. But, I don't care. The show doesn't appear to take itself very seriously, so it doesn't really matter. I'm blown away that it is still going, though. 12 seasons. Cripes.
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      i don't really care what he said, I'm not going to allow one side to dominate this conversation. People do a lot of silly stuff but I don't come to the tv thread and complain about people I disagree with creating petitions to save shows they like. I've been a part of those before, but I guess it's not annoying if it doesn't have a political edge to it?

It makes sense that it's about money and the fact that fox owns the show, not abc but to insinuate that conservatives are just plain dumb for thinking politics played a role is wrong, bc you don't know. If a Friday night show can make money, then there really is no reason to cancel it.
                      But it wasnt making money (or enough to justify it being renewed) so they cancelled it. The only reason politics is brought up is because Tim Allen is a very vocal conservative who has said he is a pariah (despite multi million dollar book deals, movie deals and TV production deals) because of his beliefs. Now that the show is cancelled the Right Wing is using that as their outrage of the day. Those are the facts...

No one said conservatives are dumb (go back and read literally no one said it) they said it annoys them that they are ignoring the actual facts. The ones trying to "dominate the conversation" are the ones making up BS reasons a show was cancelled.

The reason it is being brought up is not because of the political bend (that is why these fans choose to care) it is because petitions to save shows are just plain ridiculous no matter the reason.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

It is. I've lost count of how many sharks it has jumped. But, I don't care. The show doesn't appear to take itself very seriously, so it doesn't really matter. I'm blown away that it is still going, though. 12 seasons. Cripes.
                        It was renewed again as well..
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          But it wasnt making money (or enough to justify it being renewed) so they cancelled it. The only reason politics is brought up is because Tim Allen is a very vocal conservative who has said he is a pariah (despite multi million dollar book deals, movie deals and TV production deals) because of his beliefs. Now that the show is cancelled the Right Wing is using that as their outrage of the day. Those are the facts...

No one said conservatives are dumb (go back and read literally no one said it) they said it annoys them that they are ignoring the actual facts. The ones trying to "dominate the conversation" are the ones making up BS reasons a show was cancelled.

The reason it is being brought up is not because of the political bend (that is why these fans choose to care) it is because petitions to save shows are just plain ridiculous no matter the reason.
                          If you think politics played NO role, I find that absurd. This is very similar to Colin Kaepernick. No NFL team feels he's good enough to be worth the PR. Similarly, Last Man Standing has great ratings, especially for its time slot but yes, ABC makes nothing on the back end so it does have a higher standard than other shows...but to say that this is just a financial decision is to be blind to the reality of today. ABC probably doesn't appreciate the pub Tim Allen gets and has decided what they do make on LMS isn't worth it anymore...especially since Trump is now president.

Neither side is totally right or totally wrong, but those here that are annoyed seem to think conservatives are silly for thinking politics played any part...Since when do politics not play into public decisions like this?

Comment

Last Man Standing wasn't some powerful ratings juggernaut. It had decent raw numbers, but nobody under the age of 95 was watching it, which means it wasn't nearly as profitable as it seemed.

That said, I really hope it was canceled because of Tim Allen's politics. His beliefs are nothing more than the powerful screwing over the less powerful, and he has the audacity to whine about the rare situation where he's in the less powerful position. **** that guy, and if some of his own ****tiness got turned back on him, then it was well deserved. Losing a TV show isn't in the same ballpark as dying in a jail cell after being denied water for seven days.
                            Originally posted by dicaslover
                            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

It isn't Emmy material. But quite often there'll be an episode of that show that is as good as anything on TV. The episode where they're zapped into an alternate dimension, as actors Jenson Ackles and Jared Padelecki(who hate each other)playing Sam and Dean Winchester on a TV show called Supernatural was brilliant. "Wait, you're name is Bobby Singer? You named a character after yourself?"

Or The Curious Case of Dean Winchester, where he loses years gambling at poker, and wakes up the next morning as an old man, played wonderfully by Chad Everett. "I see you've met John McCain here."

I'm a big fan, and plan someday on picking up the seasons on DVD.

Or Weekend at Bobby's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxMpDuAkaeI
                              Last edited by rufus; 05-18-2017, 03:04 PM.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                                It isn't Emmy material. But quite often there'll be an episode of that show that is as good as anything on TV. The episode where they're zapped into an alternate dimension, as actors Jenson Ackles and Jared Padelecki(who hate each other)...
                                Aren't they former roommates that were in each others' wedding?

Comment

Working...
                                X