This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: The Golden Era Reborn

I've apparently taken more breaks of watching Survivor than I realized. I have no idea who Sandra is and she's won twice? She seem's like a female version of Russell but with titles to her name.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      I've apparently taken more breaks of watching Survivor than I realized. I have no idea who Sandra is and she's won twice? She seem's like a female version of Russell but with titles to her name.
      Sandra is my least favorite winner in Survivor history. The first time she won she did nothing. She was under the radar the whole time because she did no planning and was completely average in every way. I believe her only spoken line in the season was her endlessly repeating "as long as it isn't me" about votes. IINM she never got a vote, possibly because none of the other players were aware of her existence.

Then there was an all-stars season and she tried to play it off that she was some sort of a super genius double secret ninja for being so elusive. In reality, she had just lucked out. Well, "first as tragedy, then as farce," she won again, this time because the other players all had hardcore strategies that were entertaining, and which eventually all collided and mutually imploded and a split jury dragged her catatonic as-s over the finish line again.

This time she's portraying herself as some sort of super villain and I'm just so over her. Insufferable. Kill it with fire.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Watched the Texas show of Chappelle on Netflix. Not as good as the LA show, but still great.

Also watched the new Louis CK: 2017. Seemed hit or miss compared to past years. Maybe it was the suit that threw me off, but it's Louis so it was still strong, just a little weak by Louis standards. The silent nod to Carlin to start the show was very cool, too.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

I saw Chappelle in Minneapolis... dude is amazing. Also saw Louis in the tour leading up to this special and it was better than the special was but many if the same jokes.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            I saw Chappelle in Minneapolis... dude is amazing. Also saw Louis in the tour leading up to this special and it was better than the special was but many if the same jokes.
            Usually comics test out bits before a big special. Hence the same jokes you probably saw. Haven't seen the new Louis one, but have it queued up on Netflix.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
              Last night on Jeopardy!, a contestant whiffed on an obvious question about dinosaurs, and lost everything.

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/jeo...ium=socialflow
              TBF, that's not even that terrible a Jeopardy f-ck-up. The career Navy officer who f-cked up the question about the founding of the Navy was way worse, especially considering the sh-t he's going to take for the rest of his career.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Usually comics test out bits before a big special. Hence the same jokes you probably saw. Haven't seen the new Louis one, but have it queued up on Netflix.
                Yes I know that is the point of touring

In almost every case it was better when I saw it live as opposed to on the special. "Of Course, but Maybe" from a few specials ago had us flipping dying in the aisles when we saw him at the Convention Center
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  Yes I know that is the point of touring

In almost every case it was better when I saw it live as opposed to on the special. "Of Course, but Maybe" from a few specials ago had us flipping dying in the aisles when we saw him at the Convention Center
                  Some do not realize that. Figured you did, but just making sure.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

So watched the 2 Chappelle specials on Netflix...

the first one, he's funny. Classic Chappelle. The second one.....wow. He is off the charts insanely funny. I was in tears for half the show, I was laughing so hard. Highly (no pun intended) recommend them both, but that second show......JFC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      A few years back, a few comedians on Opie and Anthony were talking about filming specials, and they said they can work on material for a year before filming. They'll keep fine tuning the set, working on joked, timing, and order.

The consensus was that once the special is released, they throw out a good portion of the set and start new, building up a new set. They said it's tough to keep doing the same material after the special because everyone has seen their bits, knows what's coming and it doesn't have the same magic.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I like to imagine that SNL has some sort of "Number of Episodes Since Leslie Jones Messed Up a Line" counter backstage.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                          I like to imagine that SNL has some sort of "Number of Episodes Since Leslie Jones Messed Up a Line" counter backstage.
                          Is the joke that it's just a zero painted on the back wall?
                          Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Is the joke that it's just a zero painted on the back wall?
                            They might need the occasional "1" or "2" poster, but I don't think they've had to splurge for a "3" yet.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Hadn't seen this. Holy crap.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                                I found the court room skit from last weekend funny because they spent five minutes pushing the same joke and then flopped the punchline because the graphic was a second late and threw off the timing.
                                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Working...
                                X