X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: The Golden Era Reborn

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I didn't watch Bette and Joan because I couldn't stand the subject matter. I generally despise entertainment industry topics.
    You might want to reconsider with this one. It is certainly partly Hollywood fellating itself and I know what you mean about that. But the performances are very good. I am very interested in that period, so that could explaain my opinion, but Dr. Mrs. has no interest in it and she was also very impressed.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Then you're going to be ****ed because WW S1 was the best show in television history.
      Haha. I saw Vox agreed with me today- said the leftovers is one of the greatest shows of all time, and that even this season of the Americans was better than house of cards, this is us, and West world.
      And the Americans wasn't great this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        Haha. I saw Vox agreed with me today- said the leftovers is one of the greatest shows of all time, and that even this season of the Americans was better than house of cards, this is us, and West world.
        And the Americans wasn't great this year.
        They also said BoJack Horseman is one of the best animated shows of all time. It absolutely is not. It's just ok.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          They also said BoJack Horseman is one of the best animated shows of all time. It absolutely is not. It's just ok.
          We know I have bad taste, I didn't like la la land remember?

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            We know I have bad taste, I didn't like la la land remember?

I haven't even seen La La Land because I know I wouldn't like it. Or worse, I might actually like a musical.
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I might actually like a musical.
              hard to imagine anyone not liking Singing in the Rain though. A poll of movie critics has it as #5 on the all-time best movie list. (AFI, IIRC)
              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

But then everything animated is second class compared to Fritz the Cat.

Comment

I haven't even seen La La Land because I know I wouldn't like it. Or worse, I might actually like a musical.
                  Join us. Join us.

And dude, if you don't like West Side Story you have no heart, and if you don't like Rocky Horror you have no sense of humor.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                    But then everything animated is second class compared to Fritz the Cat.
                    Quoted for truth.
                    Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Then you're going to be ****ed because WW S1 was the best show in television history.
                      Haven't watched the entire thing yet, but better than The Wire? I don't think so.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        Join us. Join us.

And dude, if you don't like West Side Story you have no heart, and if you don't like Rocky Horror you have no sense of humor.
                        WSS was fine. RHPS just never interested me. The closest thing to a musical I still like is Oliver & Company. Why should I worray?.... Oh yeah, good stuff.
                        Code:

Comment

Or worse, I might actually like a musical.
                          You're a heartless creep. Real men like good musicals.

Comment

Finished the 1st season of "Dear White People." It's growing on me. Not amazing TV by any means, but it's a decent watch.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

If you like South Park: BLC, you already like a musical.

Comment

OITNB Season 5: Interesting change up in the story structure, compressing it all into such a short period of time. It was a fun season, though felt much longer than the amount of time they said it took place across. The ending felt incomplete, but it did set up a change of course for next season.
                                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Working...
                                X