X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: The Golden Era Reborn

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    S2 of Stranger Things starts on Halloween.
    Excellent.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Hometown visits for The Bachelorette were a let down until we got to the Sikh of Aspen, which freaked out Rachel so much she immediately killed that one. He was quite obviously gay (as are a third of the bachelors in every season) in any case.

I'm going to miss Rachel for being the only featured contestant in the show's history with even half a brain, but this season has been forgettable. I'm not sure the franchise has much of a future. There are only so many times we can go down this road.
      Cornell University
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Hometown visits for The Bachelorette were a let down until we got to the Sikh of Aspen, which freaked out Rachel so much she immediately killed that one. He was quite obviously gay (as are a third of the bachelors in every season) in any case.

I'm going to miss Rachel for being the only featured contestant in the show's history with even half a brain, but this season has been forgettable. I'm not sure the franchise has much of a future. There are only so many times we can go down this road.
        For most of us I'm pretty sure that number was 1

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
          You're overestimating that number.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
            As it was for me with 24. De gustibus non disputandum est.
            Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              As it was for me with 24. De gustibus non disputandum est.
              Trick answer, there was only 1 season of 24 they just did it 7 or 8 times.

Comment

My latest reality TV trash I'm guilty of watching: Live PD on A&E.

It's COPS, but live (mostly). They follow a half dozen police departments around on Friday and Saturday nights and show people being pulled over, DUI enforcement, complaints, burgarlies, whatever happens where their department gets a call, if the TV crew is riding along, they show it live.

The TV crews are using cell service to upload the streaming video right from the field to A&E's broadcast headquarters.
                Last edited by aparch; 07-24-2017, 11:23 AM.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  My latest reality TV trash I'm guilty of watching: Live PD on A&E.

It's COPS, but live (mostly). They follow a half dozen police departments around on Friday and Saturday nights and show people being pulled over, DUI enforcement, complaints, burgarlies, whatever happens where their department gets a call, if the TV crew is riding along, they show it live.

The TV crews are using cell service to upload the streaming video right from the field to A&E's broadcast headquarters.
                  It's hard to overstate the joy the cops on Live PD express when they pull someone over who is "driving dirty." Stolen car, with both drugs and weapons in possession.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Got wind of this in work today. Looks like it might be pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hAXVqrljbs
                    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                      Got wind of this in work today. Looks like it might be pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hAXVqrljbs
                      A friend of mine had told me about this, so I watched the first episode last night. Excellent show, at least for one episode. Ten episodes total in Season One. Probably going to binge them this weekend unless they fall far, far short of that first episode. Very intense, in spots, but with some dark humor, too.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Watched three additional episodes of Ozark. Still enjoying it very much. A lot more dark humor in it than I expected based off of Episode 1.

Comment

American Gods ep 2 was great. It has enough violence that it should stick but I'm worried that it may fall into the "shows that failed because they were directed at smart people" abyss. Gaiman wasn't writing for the proles.
                          Cornell University

Comment

I had time to kill on my flight so I watched the pilot of Lethal Weapon...and I never thought I would say this but it was alright. I mean it wasnt revolutionary or anything but it did the movie justice imho.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Finished The Fall on Netflix. I see why people don't like the ending but I'd contend it was the most logical ending to what they had constructed. Anything else would have cheapened the experience.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                Finished The Fall on Netflix. I see why people don't like the ending but I'd contend it was the most logical ending to what they had constructed. Anything else would have cheapened the experience.
                                I just thought they could have made a more satisfying ending by ending it after 2 seasons, and forgetting the garbage half season they had for season 3. Just a few tweaks at the end of season 2 and they could have ended logically, and made it work with the story.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X