X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: The Golden Era Reborn

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I just thought they could have made a more satisfying ending by ending it after 2 seasons, and forgetting the garbage half season they had for season 3. Just a few tweaks at the end of season 2 and they could have ended logically, and made it work with the story.
    That would've worked too. Although I enjoyed Season 3 for what it was. It was an interesting departure for a show and something different.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

"I want to run in a stream, eat ice cream, but actually eat it, just not have it slide down my mouth and digest it."

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Sounds like Nickelodeon is making a Hey Arnold movie, where we will find out what happened to Arnold's parents. I hope they don't blow it...
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Room 104 on HBO is like a far more disturbing Black Mirror. I'm not sure if it's as good though since it's only been one episode. But it was majorly ****ed up
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            Finished The Fall on Netflix. I see why people don't like the ending but I'd contend it was the most logical ending to what they had constructed. Anything else would have cheapened the experience.
            I just felt they could have done more with it, but got lazy. It was too simple, given the chase and complexity of everything. Overall, I liked the show, it was different, and Gillian commanded her scenes and character. It was refreshing.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Room 104 on HBO is like a far more disturbing Black Mirror
              I am not emotionally prepared for that.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

When you are give it a shot. I'm curious if anyone finds actually worth watching a second episode. It's by the same guys who did Animals and Togetherness (both HBO).

RT gives it a decent rating while metacritic is mixed.
                Code:
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                  Sounds like Nickelodeon is making a Hey Arnold movie, where we will find out what happened to Arnold's parents. I hope they don't blow it...
                  Original creator is back for it so I've got hope. Some voices will be different, but really the only thing I wasn't a fan of in the trailer was the animation style.
                  Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    Room 104 on HBO is like a far more disturbing Black Mirror. I'm not sure if it's as good though since it's only been one episode. But it was majorly ****ed up
                    Jesus, Black Mirror was farked up enough on its own.

Comment

Here's the reason I said it's more disturbing. I've always thought Black Mirror did their episodes with a wink and a smirk.

Room 104 does not.
                      Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        When you are give it a shot. I'm curious if anyone finds actually worth watching a second episode. It's by the same guys who did Animals and Togetherness (both HBO).

RT gives it a decent rating while metacritic is mixed.
                        It's the duplass brothers, so I gave it a watch.
                        Only a half hour, I'll watch again. Didn't think it was as bad as black mirror though. I didn't get an emotional gut punch quite like the ones I get from black mirror.

Comment

Manhunt: Unabomber starts tonight on Discovery. Always been fascinated by this so I'll take a look see.
                          A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            It's the duplass brothers, so I gave it a watch.
                            Only a half hour, I'll watch again. Didn't think it was as bad as black mirror though. I didn't get an emotional gut punch quite like the ones I get from black mirror.
                            So many Black Mirror episodes are just perfectly poignant.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                              Manhunt: Unabomber starts tonight on Discovery. Always been fascinated by this so I'll take a look see.
                              I'd be interested in a serious analysis of Industrial Society and Its Future. I've not given it a close read and my brief perusal wasn't positive (pedestrian anarcho-primitivist claptrap that a Harvard Man should have been able to see around the corners of), but there may be more there than I see.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                                So many Black Mirror episodes are just perfectly poignant.
                                I love them. Hard to watch but can't turn away

Comment

Working...
                                X