X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: The Golden Era Reborn

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    It is off and on though as they get closer to Comdex it definitely goes full tilt on the "us vs. them" of Cardiff and IBM. The second season is very techy as it is about the rise of the internet...
    I certainly think that show is better when binged.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      I certainly think that show is better when binged.
      Yeah it definitely falls in the realm of shows I would have hated watching in real time.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
        I posted this on the Movie thread, and Hall Monitor Handy ticketed me on it. So . . .

I'm rerunning West Wing. Kind of remember most of it and don't exactly know why I would want to waste time rewatching something more than a couple hours long. But it's so dam good. Still.
        I've re-watched West Wing several times. Nothing wrong with that, just breeze through the later seasons after Sorkin leaves until Alda shows up.

I watch MASH and Night Court on reruns all the time, too.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
          I watch MASH and Night Court on reruns all the time, too.
          I can't watch MASH anymore, it's just too up its own as-s. Same with All in the Family. But I'd watch Night Court if I could find it -- very underrated show. I love how Richard Moll is, in real life, some sort of bizarrely brilliant Renaissance man.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            I can't watch MASH anymore, it's just too up its own as-s. Same with All in the Family. But I'd watch Night Court if I could find it -- very underrated show. I love how Richard Moll is, in real life, some sort of bizarrely brilliant Renaissance man.
            Night Court runs for a couple hours each night on Laff TV, which is one of those random secondary over the air stations.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              Ok, comic book people:

I loved Jessica Jones. Patiently awaiting the new season. Saw good reviews for The Defenders overall, but how plugged into the other series do you need to be?
              You probably don't NEED to be plugged into the rest for The Defenders. Jessica Jones is the best of the bunch for sure, but the rest are all worth watching. I know Iron Fist gets a lot of crap reviews, but I thought it was pretty fun and easy to watch (The biggest complaints seem to be about the plot being unrealistic so if that upsets you then skip it, but it's about a guy with a magic fist so....). Season 2 of Daredevil drags a little at times, but would be very good to see as spin up for the new Punisher series. But overall all 4 of the individual shows are pretty good and all have little tie ins to each other as well.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                Night Court runs for a couple hours each night on Laff TV, which is one of those random secondary over the air stations.
                I'll go hunting. I can't figure out how to see and filter the stations on Fios.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Ok wow...room 104 episode 5.

Dx, watch now.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    Ok wow...room 104 episode 5.

Dx, watch now.
                    Which one was that? I fell asleep watching the dead friend one and woke up in a panic. IIRC, the friend one was episode four.

Heading home now from the fair.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      Which one was that? I fell asleep watching the dead friend one and woke up in a panic. IIRC, the friend one was episode four.

Heading home now from the fair.
                      Ep 5 is the Indian guy calling his mom

Comment

Ok, watched the first two eps of Defenders (the Jessica Jones/Cage/Iron Fist/Daredevil thingy).

Really dumb question: is this just a parallel universe? Or is this supposed to fit in with each individual's storylines? I've only seen the Jones individual series, but it seems to be all over the board with each individual storylines (the obvious one being the Cage/Jones relationship, if you want to call it that).
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Really dumb question: is this just a parallel universe? Or is this supposed to fit in with each individual's storylines? I've only seen the Jones individual series, but it seems to be all over the board with each individual storylines (the obvious one being the Cage/Jones relationship, if you want to call it that).
                          All the characters are in the same universe. Of the 4 series 'Jessica Jones' is the most self contained apart from meeting up with Luke Cage. A lot of the side characters crossover from series to series including the bad guys. The big bad in 'The Defenders' played major roles in both the 'Iron Fist' and 'Daredevil' stand alone series, especially S2 of Daredevil. If you haven't seen all the individual series I can see 'The Defenders' being a bit all over the map early on. Hope this helps a bit

Comment

Originally posted by Bigus Paulus View Post
                            All the characters are in the same universe. Of the 4 series 'Jessica Jones' is the most self contained apart from meeting up with Luke Cage. A lot of the side characters crossover from series to series including the bad guys. The big bad in 'The Defenders' played major roles in both the 'Iron Fist' and 'Daredevil' stand alone series, especially S2 of Daredevil. If you haven't seen all the individual series I can see 'The Defenders' being a bit all over the map early on. Hope this helps a bit
                            It does. So basically ignore the individual series storylines, and move forward? Right now, that makes the most sense.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

It does. So basically ignore the individual series storylines, and move forward? Right now, that makes the most sense.
                              The only individual series that have a direct impact on 'The Defenders' are 'Daredevil' and 'Iron Fist' since the big bad plays a big role in S2 of DD and S1 of IF. S2 of DD also introduces Electra. I'd watch those 2 series if you want to better flesh out backstory to 'The Defenders' story line. Luke Cage is also very much stand alone like JJ and isn't needed to understand the plot of 'The Defenders'. You learned all the needed info about Luke Cage in JJ necessary to watch 'The Defenders'

Comment

Originally posted by Bigus Paulus View Post
                                The only individual series that have a direct impact on 'The Defenders' are 'Daredevil' and 'Iron Fist' since the big bad plays a big role in S2 of DD and S1 of IF. S2 of DD also introduces Electra. I'd watch those 2 series if you want to better flesh out backstory to 'The Defenders' story line. Luke Cage is also very much stand alone like JJ and isn't needed to understand the plot of 'The Defenders'. You learned all the needed info about Luke Cage in JJ necessary to watch 'The Defenders'
                                That is a better help, since I'm only interested in JJ. Thank you! I was just getting confused on the storyline, given the JJ/Cage relationship, as to when in everything is happening.

Comment

Working...
                                X