This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    To put it back on TV: New DuckTales Clip.

Once again, shut up and take my money Disney.
    I'm not 100% sold on the voice actors for Huey, Dewey, and Louie, but I'm way more excited for a Disney show than I should be. This looks fantastic.

It was pointed out on some sites that this appears to be a best-of mashup of the early 90's colorful cartoon we grew up with, and the original darker, grittier, "Uncle Scrooge" comic book from the 50's.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Re: TV: The Golden Era Reborn

The voices are really growing on me. I hated them at first. But they really are the spiritual successors. I think I'm going to be glad they made a clean break with the past.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        It's five ****ing minutes on the phone.
        It's also Comcast. There is no way, even if you don't count the time needed to wait in queue, that a phone call with them only takes five minutes.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I've had one phone call with them take longer than five minutes. One out of maybe a dozen calls ever.
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
            It's also Comcast. There is no way, even if you don't count the time needed to wait in queue, that a phone call with them only takes five minutes.
            This. And if what you say is true DX, buy a lotto ticket. For real.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post

Yep, a cartoon reboot that is actually promising. $#$(*#$(* you, Dallas.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                I've had one phone call with them take longer than five minutes. One out of maybe a dozen calls ever.
                I'd rather get involved in a land war in Asia than call Comcast.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  I'd rather get involved in a land war in Asia than call Comcast.
                  I have no idea why I've had such great luck with them. The next call is going to be a little more awkward though. They jacked my rates $20+ last month and about $40 over the last three or four.

As soon as I pull the recordings off my DVR I'm canceling. Or at least threatening so I can get a better rate. Hell, I'd lock into another 2-year contract if I had to.
                  Code:

Comment

I never once had an issue with Comcast anymore than I ever had with Dish or Direct, and on average probably less often.

Comment

How many times have they rebooted the "Mickey Mouse Club"?
                      Nobody reboots Annette!
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        Too much hassle, given it's Comcast. I jumped through many a hoop in the past with them. Not gonna do that again for one show.
                        Get the streaming version instead. When you sign up they give you 30 days for a free trial.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          I'm not 100% sold on the voice actors for Huey, Dewey, and Louie, but I'm way more excited for a Disney show than I should be. This looks fantastic.

It was pointed out on some sites that this appears to be a best-of mashup of the early 90's colorful cartoon we grew up with, and the original darker, grittier, "Uncle Scrooge" comic book from the 50's.
                          The producers have talked about pulling influences from almost everything related to the Duck Universe, including the comics, the old DuckTales show, and even things such as the video games. They've also said that family is their main theme, that's reason they have Donald in the main cast unlike the old show.
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

The producers have talked about pulling influences from almost everything related to the Duck Universe, including the comics, the old DuckTales show, and even things such as the video games. They've also said that family is their main theme, that's reason they have Donald in the main cast unlike the old show.
                            On this note, a good article on the subject.
                            “The core of our version of the show is this relatable family dynamic. It’s part of why we distinguished Huey, Dewey and Louie a little bit further then they had been before; why we incorporated Webby as part of the kids,” Angones said. “We never say it’s ‘the boys’ or ‘the nephews’ as a group because today family means different things to different people. It’s not always a mom and a dad, a couple kids ... What is it like to be a triplet? What is it like to be the friend who’s so close that she might as well be family?”

“And these uncles, these crazy uncles, these father figures,” Youngberg interjected. “There’s a lot to mine for the show. We want to present a family to the new generation of kids, a family that they’ll understand and see themselves in.”
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              I loved it until the end. I felt a little cheated at the end. Still VERY much worth the watch. Dunno if they are going to continue it or not....
                              Edit: And Gillian sure got better with age. Yowza!
                              I'm enjoying it but it's really dark. There is no relief ever.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                I'm enjoying it but it's really dark. There is no relief ever.
                                Agreed. I love the attitude of Gillian's character. Dunno if you have gotten there yet, but she quotes a basic equation about social attitudes towards women that is friggin' kick-arse awesome.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X