X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: The Golden Era Reborn

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    The biggest issue with Narcos from the very beginning has been pacing and timing. The first season glossed over too much, and covered about 8 years, while season 2 covered about 3 months. It sounds like season 3 suffers from the same kind of issues. It is disappointing, because this show had the potential to be great, but with the pacing issues, it is only good to OK.
    That's where that Univision series really kicks in. They go in-depth with the whole media/newspaper issue, etc, how the cartel dealt with it, everything.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Has anyone else been watching the Ken Burns documentary on the Vietnam War? It's just really good.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        No way Worthington pulls that off though yes he looked like him

I thought the episode that was all about Ted's life was pretty cool. The experiments with the Beta Testing of MK-Ultra were rather eye opening.
        Compelling that it showed just what effed him up so, but in general, I was just kinda bored by it. The episode showing his life in Montana was better, but still, nothing was as interesting to me as the investigative aspects of the case. I liked the mystery aspect, the hunt. Once that was done, the rest was just filling time.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
          Compelling that it showed just what effed him up so, but in general, I was just kinda bored by it. The episode showing his life in Montana was better, but still, nothing was as interesting to me as the investigative aspects of the case. I liked the mystery aspect, the hunt. Once that was done, the rest was just filling time.
          Certainly didnt paint the FBI in a good light
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            Has anyone else been watching the Ken Burns documentary on the Vietnam War? It's just really good.
            I plan to watch it for sure.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
              I haven't, but it's only because I didn't realize it was on. I need to set my DVR and catch up. Everything that man does is golden.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                I haven't, but it's only because I didn't realize it was on. I need to set my DVR and catch up. Everything that man does is golden.
                The final episodes of Baseball and New York were crap. But yes, most of the time he's terrific.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  The final episodes of Baseball and New York were crap. But yes, most of the time he's terrific.
                  The final inning of Baseball was perfectly fine. The pieces about steroids and Domincan players were particularly good.

Vietnam is also good thus far.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Rally looking forward to seeing this. Wondering also if it corroborates any of the points Rob't McNamara raised in his two books about the war, which I expected to be pure apologist bullshat but which were pretty interesting.

Comment

"America's involvement in Vietnam began in secrecy. It ended 30 years later in failure. Witnessed by the entire world."

begins a brutal and sobering opening to The Vietnam War. The first nine minutes were a warning to the viewer about what was to come. As someone far too young to even have a father who fought in the war, this is going to an experience.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        "America's involvement in Vietnam began in secrecy. It ended 30 years later in failure. Witnessed by the entire world."

begins a brutal and sobering opening to The Vietnam War. The first nine minutes were a warning to the viewer about what was to come. As someone far too young to even have a father who fought in the war, this is going to an experience.
                        A guy had a great line in tonight's episode. "It's very hard to dispel ignorance if you retain arrogance."
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

IMO, it was one of the first, if NOT the first time US forces faced very odd strategies. Saw a special on the History Channel a couple years ago about "The Art Of War" by Sun Tzu, and the Vietnam War was one of the wars they highlighted. Cited some specific examples where the US was simply out-smarted. We were used to just facing off and let's rumble, bruh (in general). Whoops.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

So this happened today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIY6zFL95hE&t=0s

Defenders was basically a pile of crap, but I'm dumb enough to hold out hope. I'm hoping that Punisher can live out on it's own tangent. Frank Castle, even in mainline Marvel comics, is a character who does his own thing and really only shows up elsewhere on few occasions. I'm hoping NETFLIX can do that here. I really like the conspiracy angle they're playing. Take Frank's story out of NYC/Hell's Kitchen and let him do his own thing.
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                              So this happened today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIY6zFL95hE&t=0s

Defenders was basically a pile of crap, but I'm dumb enough to hold out hope. I'm hoping that Punisher can live out on it's own tangent. Frank Castle, even in mainline Marvel comics, is a character who does his own thing and really only shows up elsewhere on few occasions. I'm hoping NETFLIX can do that here. I really like the conspiracy angle they're playing. Take Frank's story out of NYC/Hell's Kitchen and let him do his own thing.
                              The Defenders, as in the Netflix series? I thought it was good enough to watch the whole way through. Nothing outstanding, but worth my while. I won't watch any of the indie series involving them except Jessica (although thought about Luke Cage). Note: had watched Jessica S1 before The Defenders.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

And yet 3 episodes in there's already talk about how "Anti-American" it is.
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X