Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: TV: The Golden Era Reborn

Quote Originally Posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    To put it back on TV: New DuckTales Clip.

Once again, shut up and take my money Disney.
    I'm not 100% sold on the voice actors for Huey, Dewey, and Louie, but I'm way more excited for a Disney show than I should be. This looks fantastic.

It was pointed out on some sites that this appears to be a best-of mashup of the early 90's colorful cartoon we grew up with, and the original darker, grittier, "Uncle Scrooge" comic book from the 50's.

Lucia Apologist

Re: TV: The Golden Era Reborn

The voices are really growing on me. I hated them at first. But they really are the spiritual successors. I think I'm going to be glad they made a clean break with the past.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    It's five ****ing minutes on the phone.
    It's also Comcast. There is no way, even if you don't count the time needed to wait in queue, that a phone call with them only takes five minutes.

Lucia Apologist

I've had one phone call with them take longer than five minutes. One out of maybe a dozen calls ever.

Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post
    It's also Comcast. There is no way, even if you don't count the time needed to wait in queue, that a phone call with them only takes five minutes.
    This. And if what you say is true DX, buy a lotto ticket. For real.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Yep, a cartoon reboot that is actually promising. $#$(*#$(* you, Dallas.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

I've had one phone call with them take longer than five minutes. One out of maybe a dozen calls ever.
    I'd rather get involved in a land war in Asia than call Comcast.

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    I'd rather get involved in a land war in Asia than call Comcast.
    I have no idea why I've had such great luck with them. The next call is going to be a little more awkward though. They jacked my rates $20+ last month and about $40 over the last three or four.

As soon as I pull the recordings off my DVR I'm canceling. Or at least threatening so I can get a better rate. Hell, I'd lock into another 2-year contract if I had to.

I never once had an issue with Comcast anymore than I ever had with Dish or Direct, and on average probably less often.

How many times have they rebooted the "Mickey Mouse Club"?
    Nobody reboots Annette!

lubba wubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Too much hassle, given it's Comcast. I jumped through many a hoop in the past with them. Not gonna do that again for one show.
    Get the streaming version instead. When you sign up they give you 30 days for a free trial.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

Already insane, UAA making it worse
    Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post
    I'm not 100% sold on the voice actors for Huey, Dewey, and Louie, but I'm way more excited for a Disney show than I should be. This looks fantastic.

It was pointed out on some sites that this appears to be a best-of mashup of the early 90's colorful cartoon we grew up with, and the original darker, grittier, "Uncle Scrooge" comic book from the 50's.
    The producers have talked about pulling influences from almost everything related to the Duck Universe, including the comics, the old DuckTales show, and even things such as the video games. They've also said that family is their main theme, that's reason they have Donald in the main cast unlike the old show.

Already insane, UAA making it worse
    The producers have talked about pulling influences from almost everything related to the Duck Universe, including the comics, the old DuckTales show, and even things such as the video games. They've also said that family is their main theme, that's reason they have Donald in the main cast unlike the old show.
    On this note, a good article on the subject.
    “The core of our version of the show is this relatable family dynamic. It’s part of why we distinguished Huey, Dewey and Louie a little bit further then they had been before; why we incorporated Webby as part of the kids,” Angones said. “We never say it’s ‘the boys’ or ‘the nephews’ as a group because today family means different things to different people. It’s not always a mom and a dad, a couple kids ... What is it like to be a triplet? What is it like to be the friend who’s so close that she might as well be family?”

“And these uncles, these crazy uncles, these father figures,” Youngberg interjected. “There’s a lot to mine for the show. We want to present a family to the new generation of kids, a family that they’ll understand and see themselves in.”

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I loved it until the end. I felt a little cheated at the end. Still VERY much worth the watch. Dunno if they are going to continue it or not....
    Edit: And Gillian sure got better with age. Yowza!
    I'm enjoying it but it's really dark. There is no relief ever.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    I'm enjoying it but it's really dark. There is no relief ever.
    Agreed. I love the attitude of Gillian's character. Dunno if you have gotten there yet, but she quotes a basic equation about social attitudes towards women that is friggin' kick-arse awesome.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

The New Wet Hot American Summer Series...good god is it awful. The movie is awesome but this series is what not to do when you are going to try and recapture the magic.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Opposite Girl

It takes five minutes just to get to a live person.

Didn't HBO just end a free week? I thought they were trying to get people to catch up on GoT before the premiere.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    It takes five minutes just to get to a live person.

Didn't HBO just end a free week? I thought they were trying to get people to catch up on GoT before the premiere.
    I found out about that on Friday -- when I went to the library to rent Season 4 of GoT. I didn't feel like it was as well advertised as it had been previously.

We're knee deep in Orphan Black and loving it. Still catching up on the most recent season of Doctor Who. And enjoying Talking with Chris Hardwick on AMC.

lubba wubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by bostonewe View Post
    I found out about that on Friday -- when I went to the library to rent Season 4 of GoT. I didn't feel like it was as well advertised as it had been previously.

We're knee deep in Orphan Black and loving it. Still catching up on the most recent season of Doctor Who. And enjoying Talking with Chris Hardwick on AMC.
    I'm only through season 3 of Orphan Black. Great show to that point, need to catch up. Season 5 just began. It's either the final season or season 6 will end it, I forget which. Tatyana Masilani (sp?) should get an Emmy for the number of roles her performance requires and the subtle differences between them all.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    I'm only through season 3 of Orphan Black. Great show to that point, need to catch up. Season 5 just began. It's either the final season or season 6 will end it, I forget which. Tatyana Masilani (sp?) should get an Emmy for the number of roles her performance requires and the subtle differences between them all.
    The season that is currently airing is the last one. It's still totally engaging, so I'm in. Tatyana is awesome, her range is amazing. Plus, I feel like this something I would totally rewatch every few years because of the depth of the storyline. I couldn't believe it took so long for Tatyana to get an Emmy nom.

Thread Information