This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: The Golden Era Reborn

Saturday morning westerns. Roy Rogers, Wyatt Earp and The Lone Ranger. It's like a sore dick, you can't beat it.
    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      I found a reason to watch Star Trek: Discovery. Rainn Wilson will play Harcourt Fenton Mudd.
      You'll have to pay for it, grasshopper.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        You'll have to pay for it, grasshopper.
        On what? Odds are fairly good I already have it.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
          Saturday morning westerns. Roy Rogers, Wyatt Earp and The Lone Ranger. It's like a sore dick, you can't beat it.
          No Hop-along Cassidy? That's poor, man.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            On what? Odds are fairly good I already have it.
            It is going to be on CBS All Access...I had the service for a month way back when it was pretty awful. I hope it has improved if they want this to work...
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              No Hop-along Cassidy? That's poor, man.
              If you haven't yet and get the chance check out The Trail Blazers.

http://www.b-westerns.com/trio3.htm
              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                It is going to be on CBS All Access...I had the service for a month way back when it was pretty awful. I hope it has improved if they want this to work...
                It's not terrible but it certainly isn't worth paying for. We did our free week to watch "The Good Fight." Then watched the rest via kodi.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                  If you haven't yet and get the chance check out The Trail Blazers.

http://www.b-westerns.com/trio3.htm
                  Interesting. I shall, thanks.
                  Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                    Not only Burn Notice, but Psych, House, and at least Scrubs. I caught up on Scrubs through Comedy Central and they edited out a lot.
                    ****, you like alot of ****ty tv.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I loved Burn Notice. And Psych.

The new TV season has begun. Just watched The Orville on FOX. Seth McFarlane is the star. It was kind of like a cross between a Star Trekkie show and Galaxy Quest. It was not bad. Nothing else on. I will continue until something else might be on.

Comment

The Galaxy Quest comparison is the main one I've seen popping up, and I've gotta agree it's like if GQ was an actual show. I was a fan, though some of the jokes fell flat. That may simply be because it's live action so the usual delivery of McFarlane's jokes don't translate as well as they do via animation. I'll probably throw it onto the DVR and see what comes of it.
                        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

I thought The Orville was pretty funny. Nice setup and some good spoofing of sci-fi tropes.
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Definitely a send-up of Star Trek; lots of parallels to the pilot episode of TNG.

I enjoyed it; not as much as Futurama, but it'll stay in the rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                              Not only Burn Notice, but Psych, House, and at least Scrubs. I caught up on Scrubs through Comedy Central and they edited out a lot.
                              Scrubs is on Netflix. I should look for Psych. I wasn't able to watch all the episodes as they aired because they conflicted with my hockey schedule. Burn Notice never did anything for me. House was great at times, but at others I found it to be some of the most boring TV that I felt compelled to watch.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                I thought The Orville was pretty funny. Nice setup and some good spoofing of sci-fi tropes.
                                Originally posted by unofan View Post
                                Definitely a send-up of Star Trek; lots of parallels to the pilot episode of TNG.

I enjoyed it; not as much as Futurama, but it'll stay in the rotation.
                                I missed it yesterday, but I'm hoping it's on Hulu today. Most Fox stuff is. I'm excited to see it. MacFarlane has always been a Trekkie, even appearing in a couple episodes of Enterprise as a bit player during its run.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X