This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: The Golden Era Reborn

speaking of good television...my wife and I have like 10 episodes of Person of Interest left...We've both loved the show but I think we've both felt like its gotten a little too over the top with the epic battle that has been the over arching story line since the end of season 3?
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      speaking of good television...my wife and I have like 10 episodes of Person of Interest left...We've both loved the show but I think we've both felt like its gotten a little too over the top with the epic battle that has been the over arching story line since the end of season 3?
      It has a fantastic ending. They really did a good job with it. Usually the endings of those shows fall flat. That one didn't. Root will always be one of my favorite TV characters of all time.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I have to go back and watch this sometime. Dr. Mrs. and I watched the first season and then literally forgot about it. At the time it looked promising but kept relying on standard "24" style nonsense and was getting progressively dumber as it went along. But people responded really well to the later seasons and I'd like to try it with fresh eyes. Especially since, you know, it all came true.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          I'm gonna give it a try, but it's a short leash. Season 1 was brilliant. Season 2 was awful.

I would have just left it at the end of season 1. It was a good ending.
          I thought the first episode last week was ok. I know the locale changes up soon

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            I'm gonna give it a try, but it's a short leash. Season 1 was brilliant. Season 2 was awful.

I would have just left it at the end of season 1. It was a good ending.
            The first season of The Leftovers was great, but I wouldn't call season 2 awful. While not as good as season 1, it was also very different, which I liked.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I have to go back and watch this sometime. Dr. Mrs. and I watched the first season and then literally forgot about it. At the time it looked promising but kept relying on standard "24" style nonsense and was getting progressively dumber as it went along. But people responded really well to the later seasons and I'd like to try it with fresh eyes. Especially since, you know, it all came true.
              The sad part is now we have to start over soon on finding something else that we both enjoy and haven't watched that has a bunch of episodes.
              We've binged through Breaking Bad, Revenge, Parenthood, Making a Murder and now Person of Interest. I'm not sure if I'm missing anything but I remember those...
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

The sad part is now we have to start over soon on finding something else that we both enjoy and haven't watched that has a bunch of episodes.
                We've binged through Breaking Bad, Revenge, Parenthood, Making a Murder and now Person of Interest. I'm not sure if I'm missing anything but I remember those...
                Always dig out The X-Files. They just announced another new season.

Last night The Black List tied up a lot of loose ends and Mr. Kaplan being by far my favorite Black List character it was by far the best episode of the show for me. A+
                Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 04-21-2017, 10:00 AM.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  Always dig out The X-Files. They just announced another new season.

Last night The Black List tied up a lot of loose ends and Mr. Kaplan being by far my favorite Black List character it was by far the best episode of the show for me. A+
                  I've periodically thought about pulling out all the X-Files stand-alone episodes and rewatching them. In my opinion, they were usually the best episodes.

The Post-Modern Prometheus is still one of my favorite one hour of television ever.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

It's the Golden Age of Television, something great will come along. In the meantime I recommend Battlestar Galactica, Mad Men, House of Cards, Fargo, Stranger Things, and Game of Thrones. And of course, Westworld, the best of them all.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

It's the Golden Age of Television, something great will come along. In the meantime I recommend Battlestar Galactica, Mad Men, House of Cards, Fargo, Stranger Things, and Game of Thrones. And of course, Westworld, the best of them all.
                      I've done Stranger Things, Game of Thrones and Westworld...she has no interest there. I think Mad Men and West Wing are where I'm leaning towards trying next...I know she's watch some mad men but we shall see.

Comment

I've done Stranger Things, Game of Thrones and Westworld...she has no interest there. I think Mad Men and West Wing are where I'm leaning towards trying next...I know she's watch some mad men but we shall see.
                        What about The Americans?

Comment

Wife and I have tried Mad Men more than once and can never get into it. We're watching Schitt's Creek right now and it is exceeding expectations. Nothing mind blowing but entertaining and plenty of laughs.

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                            Wife and I have tried Mad Men more than once and can never get into it. We're watching Schitt's Creek right now and it is exceeding expectations. Nothing mind blowing but entertaining and plenty of laughs.
                            I liked Schitts Creek also.

Comment

I liked the epic battle, I thought it brought a sense of gravity, of purpose, to the show whereas the first season or two was just the "victim of the week" setup. I thought it's last couple of seasons it was the best show on network tv, and definitely one of, if not the, smartest. And while Scooby will always have Root, I loved the Shaw character. The episode that introduced her was one of the best episodes on tv, maybe the best episode of POI.
                              Last edited by rufus; 04-21-2017, 12:36 PM.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                                I liked the epic battle, I thought it brought a sense of gravity, of purpose, to the show whereas the first season or two was just the "victim of the week" setup. I thought it's last couple of seasons it was the best show on network tv, and definitely one of, if not the, smartest. And while Scooby will always have Root, I loved the Shaw character. The episode that introduced her was one of the best episodes on tv, maybe the best episode of POI.
                                I love the Shaw character, now that she's back after her pregnancy break, maybe I'll enjoy it more...I understand the epic and I have enjoyed it, but its getting a little over the top in some respects. Personally, I prefer the over arching storylines to the weekly stuff, but it has to feel grounded in reality.

Comment

Working...
                                X