Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031

Thread: TV: The Golden Era Reborn

Re: TV: The Golden Era Reborn

Here's an ultimate tinfoil hat super nuts no way it'd happen thing about Better Call Saul:

What if Kim is actually Wendy? Gets hooked on "the good stuff," and just goes off the rails?
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Already insane, UAA making it worse
    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Shut up and take my money

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3elTVTt_ER4

I missed this clip sump last week. But this clip proves the new show has all of the character that made the old show so good.
    Thought the same exact thing when I saw that clip. That clip is really funny.

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Thought the same exact thing when I saw that clip. That clip is really funny.
    I burst out laughing when the plane hits "DuckTales" in the new credits. It was so perfect.

Already insane, UAA making it worse
    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I burst out laughing when the plane hits "DuckTales" in the new credits. It was so perfect.
    Mrs. Beakley's clip made me burst out laughing. I like the look of what they've done with her and Webby.

I know Seth Rogan isn't everyone's cup of tea but he was great on Colbert.

Haha, also Kumail Nanjiani from Silicon Valley previewing his new show, The Big Sick:

:What are your thoughts on 9/11?
    :It was a tragedy. We lost 19 of our best guys.

Last edited by Slap Shot; 06-21-2017 at 02:06 AM.

The voices of Huey, Dewey, and Louie do sound a tad more mature for their drawn age, but the clips were fun. I'm excited for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post

Haha, also Kumail Nanjiani from Silicon Valley previewing his new show, The Big Sick:

:What are your thoughts on 9/11?
    :It was a tragedy. We lost 19 of our best guys.

I'm not a prude or a puritan when it comes to comedy.

In fact, I'm pretty sick and should probably see someone.

Might be too soon for that joke though.

Yikes.
    Wisconsin Hockey Am I dreaming?

Speaking of off color/too soon humor…

In a concept development class that I took for my design degree, we had to do a project that created an unusual souvenir that a tourist might buy from a place where you wouldn't sell such things and tourists wouldn't go.

I did mine for Truckee and made a snow globe titled "Dinner with the Donners" complete with a vignette of a wrecked covered wagon and some settlers cooking a full human carcass on a spit – bought a miniature model and customized it for my vision.

Was very well received and I got an A. Still have it.

Then we get to this quiet 19ish year old girl who was always soft spoken and polite. She's got a white baseball cap and on it is a silhouette of a human outlines – mother and child - in negative with the rest of the illustration in black ink.

No one could understand what it was supposed to be.

A Hiroshima souvenir. The outline of vaporized bombing victims as they were on walls after the explosion.

I think all of our jaws were on the ground.

Sickly funny and completely unexpected from this student. You gotta watch the quiet ones.

We did discuss whether even 60 years (or whatever) was too soon as it made you squirm a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    Speaking of off color/too soon humor…

In a concept development class that I took for my design degree, we had to do a project that created an unusual souvenir that a tourist might buy from a place where you wouldn't sell such things and tourists wouldn't go.

I did mine for Truckee and made a snow globe titled "Dinner with the Donners" complete with a vignette of a wrecked covered wagon and some settlers cooking a full human carcass on a spit – bought a miniature model and customized it for my vision.

Was very well received and I got an A. Still have it.

Then we get to this quiet 19ish year old girl who was always soft spoken and polite. She's got a white baseball cap and on it is a silhouette of a human outlines – mother and child - in negative with the rest of the illustration in black ink.

No one could understand what it was supposed to be.

A Hiroshima souvenir. The outline of vaporized bombing victims as they were on walls after the explosion.

I think all of our jaws were on the ground.

Sickly funny and completely unexpected from this student. You gotta watch the quiet ones.

We did discuss whether even 60 years (or whatever) was too soon as it made you squirm a bit.

There is probably a market somewhere for "Dinner with the Donners". It's gross and it is sick humor. People buy that shtick.

Nobody's going to buy the hat. I think we're still embarrassed by the A bombs, even though my father and uncles directly benefited from it.

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    There is probably a market somewhere for "Dinner with the Donners". It's gross and it is sick humor. People buy that shtick.

Nobody's going to buy the hat. I think we're still embarrassed by the A bombs, even though my father and uncles directly benefited from it.

Exactly.

That's what the critique discussion centered around.

Shock value is one thing, but for practical purposes of the project, it had to actually be marketable.

Mine was near the line. Hers went way over to cringe territory.

Still... I was impressed by her sickness.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Here's an ultimate tinfoil hat super nuts no way it'd happen thing about Better Call Saul:

What if Kim is actually Wendy? Gets hooked on "the good stuff," and just goes off the rails?

Man, I hope not but her saying "As always, the good stuff" is likely not an accident and is there to set something else up. Otherwise, why have that line in there at all?

Does Saul ever meet Wendy in BB? Can't recall.

Gurt:

Saul doesn't, but obviously there is a tie-in with him, via Jesse. It'd just be a weird small-world connection in the ABQ.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Gurt
    Gort.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

Gurt:

Saul doesn't, but obviously there is a tie-in with him, via Jesse. It'd just be a weird small-world connection in the ABQ.

I think it would be a downright tragic outcome for that character.

Could see it though. Needing more hours than are available to get work done. Need to stay awake. She's got an addictive personality already.

Just a small nip - keep you going all night. She'd believe at first that she could control it.

Faces of meth could lead to her looking quite different although the personalities between the two characters are a big contrast.

I don't believe that they will go that direction, but it is plausible that she could end up that way and therefore possible that they will go just there.

Hope not.

I believe Saul posts bail for her at some point during BB.

Thread Information