This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: The Golden Era Reborn

The New Wet Hot American Summer Series...good god is it awful. The movie is awesome but this series is what not to do when you are going to try and recapture the magic.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      I've had one phone call with them take longer than five minutes. One out of maybe a dozen calls ever.
      It takes five minutes just to get to a live person.

Didn't HBO just end a free week? I thought they were trying to get people to catch up on GoT before the premiere.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        It takes five minutes just to get to a live person.

Didn't HBO just end a free week? I thought they were trying to get people to catch up on GoT before the premiere.
        I found out about that on Friday -- when I went to the library to rent Season 4 of GoT. I didn't feel like it was as well advertised as it had been previously.

We're knee deep in Orphan Black and loving it. Still catching up on the most recent season of Doctor Who. And enjoying Talking with Chris Hardwick on AMC.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
          I found out about that on Friday -- when I went to the library to rent Season 4 of GoT. I didn't feel like it was as well advertised as it had been previously.

We're knee deep in Orphan Black and loving it. Still catching up on the most recent season of Doctor Who. And enjoying Talking with Chris Hardwick on AMC.
          I'm only through season 3 of Orphan Black. Great show to that point, need to catch up. Season 5 just began. It's either the final season or season 6 will end it, I forget which. Tatyana Masilani (sp?) should get an Emmy for the number of roles her performance requires and the subtle differences between them all.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            I'm only through season 3 of Orphan Black. Great show to that point, need to catch up. Season 5 just began. It's either the final season or season 6 will end it, I forget which. Tatyana Masilani (sp?) should get an Emmy for the number of roles her performance requires and the subtle differences between them all.
            The season that is currently airing is the last one. It's still totally engaging, so I'm in. Tatyana is awesome, her range is amazing. Plus, I feel like this something I would totally rewatch every few years because of the depth of the storyline. I couldn't believe it took so long for Tatyana to get an Emmy nom.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              Agreed. I love the attitude of Gillian's character. Dunno if you have gotten there yet, but she quotes a basic equation about social attitudes towards women that is friggin' kick-arse awesome.
              Finished Season 1 which was 5 episodes. Season 2 and 3 are 6 each. Evidently 3 isn't as good thus your comments below but it's still good enough. Looking forward to it.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                Finished Season 1 which was 5 episodes. Season 2 and 3 are 6 each. Evidently 3 isn't as good thus your comments below but it's still good enough. Looking forward to it.
                3 is good. The conclusion of 3.....that part.....that is what was disappointing. I was all geared up, ready to see how the season ended, then.....wait, that's it? It was just rather lazy.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

First episode of American Gods is brilliant. I am deeply jealous of Neil Gaiman both for writing it and for being married (albeit in a puerile way) to Amanda Palmer.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    First episode of American Gods is brilliant. I am deeply jealous of Neil Gaiman both for writing it and for being married (albeit in a puerile way) to Amanda Palmer.
                    Forgot about that series. Will have to hope it pops up on Netflix (most likely disc; streaming, they have difficulty getting exclusive series from other places; see: Better Call Saul).
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      3 is good. The conclusion of 3.....that part.....that is what was disappointing. I was all geared up, ready to see how the season ended, then.....wait, that's it? It was just rather lazy.
                      I'm having difficulty with the stupidity of human beings. That always seems to be strong with these serial killer stories.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Travel Channel is bringing back Man vs Food with a new host.

As if we don't have enough of these "Food Monstrosity" shows on TV already.
                        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                        Patreon for exclusive writing content
                        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                          Travel Channel is bringing back Man vs Food with a new host.

As if we don't have enough of these "Food Monstrosity" shows on TV already.
                          The host was the best part of the show.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            The host was the best part of the show.
                            It was clearly killing him. Have you seen him recently? Looks much healthier, which is no surprise.
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

S2 of Stranger Things starts on Halloween.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                                It was clearly killing him. Have you seen him recently? Looks much healthier, which is no surprise.
                                Oh yeah he was gonna die...but his personality is what made the show fun. I never watched when they relaunched it after he stopped doing it.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X