This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV: The Golden Era Reborn

Looks like the other thread was deleted because Brent's titles look too much like spam.

I'll delete this if it is still around but I tried to find it.
    Last edited by dxmnkd316; 03-06-2017, 08:48 PM.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Re: TV: The Golden Era Reborn

Forgot to post why I wanted to post before I couldn't find the thread.

After a busy week and a half, I decided to just have a relaxing night in front of the boob tube and got caught up on Seal Team Six, The Young Pope, and Little Big Lies.

I didn't quite get the same impression Kep did after finishing season 1. Kind of left me feeling let down. The end-of-season "cliffhanger" if you want to call it that, was kind of boring. I get that this is a different kind of series and filmmaker, but COME ON. I'm still very much in for season 2 though.

I am really liking Little Big Lies. I wouldn't normally enjoy a show like this but the acting and writing is really **** good.

Seal Team Six is another show I should hate. I hate all of these fictionalized dramas History puts on. I can't stand them. But I can't hate Walton Goggins. I just don't think that's possible.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I'm going to miss the premiere of the Americans tomorrow as I'm flying home but will be the first thing I do Wednesday after landing!

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Forgot to post why I wanted to post before I couldn't find the thread.

After a busy week and a half, I decided to just have a relaxing night in front of the boob tube and got caught up on Seal Team Six, The Young Pope, and Little Big Lies.

I didn't quite get the same impression Kep did after finishing season 1. Kind of left me feeling let down. The end-of-season "cliffhanger" if you want to call it that, was kind of boring. I get that this is a different kind of series and filmmaker, but COME ON. I'm still very much in for season 2 though.

I am really liking Little Big Lies. I wouldn't normally enjoy a show like this but the acting and writing is really **** good.

Seal Team Six is another show I should hate. I hate all of these fictionalized dramas History puts on. I can't stand them. But I can't hate Walton Goggins. I just don't think that's possible.
        It's Big little lies. Or maybe it's bigly little lies?

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          I'm going to miss the premiere of the Americans tomorrow as I'm flying home but will be the first thing I do Wednesday after landing!
          I have to wait until Wed also, since even with the Amazon Season Pass, they wait a day. Looking forward to it.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I don't know what Riverdale is doing, and it doesn't either, but it's fun* to watch the trainwreck.

* With a few caveats. Fast forward through all Josie and Archie (especially) "musical" performances, and fast forward through all interactions between characters and their parents except, obviously, Luke Perry.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Hey Kep - Survivor is starting up again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                Hey Kep - Survivor is starting up again soon.
                I know! It's all stars, which sucks, but I'll be putting up a fantasy league soon.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Started watching Emerald City(on demand). Have Feud and Shades of Blue(2nd season just started)Tivo'd.
                  A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Let me know your thoughts on Feud. I'm curious.

Comment

Remember to watch Jeopardy! tonight!

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31....96&oe=5969B7C5

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        I know! It's all stars, which sucks, but I'll be putting up a fantasy league soon.
                        The golden age of television, indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                          To quote Dr. Mrs., "the day I entered graduate school I earned the right to watch any stupid thing I want."
                          Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                            Golden not a chance, but sometimes I like a somewhat mindless outlet.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              Let me know your thoughts on Feud. I'm curious.
                              Probably not going to get to it until Fri but I will let you know.
                              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Working...
                              X