X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: The Golden Era Reborn

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Veep
    Also forgot, and fixed as an Almost. More to the point I somehow forgot House of Cards, which is an A+.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      Def to each their own.
      Futurama at its peak is better than the Simpsons. More heart and soul in its characters.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        I loved The Newsroom.
        Had the same feeling about "NewsRadio".
        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Isn't this where someone has an orgasm over Sports Night?
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            Isn't this where someone has an orgasm over Sports Night?
            That had to have been over by 2007, right?
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
              Huh. Had never heard of it.
              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                Futurama at its peak is better than the Simpsons. More heart and soul in its characters.
                I have to just binge it. Each episode I've seen has been good or great except the pilot which was weak sauce and caused me to miss the entire run of the show.

That show ought to be right in the main vein.
                Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                  Yeah NewsRadio has a fun quirkiness to it but really flew under the radar.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    Huh. Had never heard of it.
                    Wot...?
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      I have to just binge it. Each episode I've seen has been good or great except the pilot which was weak sauce and caused me to miss the entire run of the show.

That show ought to be right in the main vein.
                      Season 4 of Futurama is one of the finest seasons of television to ever be released. Jurassic Bark, Love and Rocket, The Sting, The Devil's Hands are Idle Playthings. All peak television.

But make sure you take the time to have the characters grow and develop. It's hard to connect to them and get the full impact of seasons 3 and 4 of you watch the whole thing in a weekend*.

*A friend and I used to host a party called Futuramarama where we would have dozens of people over and we would watch every episode back-to-back. People would come and go when they wanted. But we would start on Friday at 7 pm and finish Sunday morning. One year we decided to try and drink 100 cups of coffee during the weekend. It's hard. To be young.
                      Code:
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

18 years ago today the president came to a sudden arboreal stop while riding a bike.

West Wing belongs on the list, btw. Best show on television for each of its first four seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                          Yeah NewsRadio has a fun quirkiness to it but really flew under the radar.
                          I think it lost its soul when Phil Hartman was killed. It never really recovered. There were a few very good episodes, but I'm not sure I could recall a single episode post Phil.
                          Code:

Comment

Brotherhood was a good 3 season series, unfortunately cancelled, but fortunately had a clean ending. I'd give it a B overall.

Finished ep 4 of Man Hunter. Yeah, digging the show. Not ZOMGBBQ but so worth a watch. The actress who plays Tabby is great. Leah Remini-like.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              Season 4 of Futurama is one of the finest seasons of television to ever be released. Jurassic Bark, Love and Rocket, The Sting, The Devil's Hands are Idle Playthings. All peak television.

But make sure you take the time to have the characters grow and develop. It's hard to connect to them and get the full impact of seasons 3 and 4 of you watch the whole thing in a weekend*.

*A friend and I used to host a party called Futuramarama where we would have dozens of people over and we would watch every episode back-to-back. People would come and go when they wanted. But we would start on Friday at 7 pm and finish Sunday morning. One year we decided to try and drink 100 cups of coffee during the weekend. It's hard. To be young.
                              Season 4 also has The Why of Fry, The Farnsworth Parabox, and Leela's Homeworld. You are correct in that it's probably one of the best seasons in TV.
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Season 3 also had Godfellas. Easily a top five episode.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X