Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: TV: The Golden Era Reborn

Re: TV: The Golden Era Reborn

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Yeah, I don't have any of those "streaming devices". I just have Netflix.

So does buying an AZ Fire or Roku device for the one-time fee make sense?
    From what I've heard once you've bought one of those devices you'd find plenty of uses for them well beyond TP on Showtime to justify the cost.

Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar

How are you watching Netflix on your tv?

Quote Originally Posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    How are you watching Netflix on your tv?
    Often just on my PC, or occasionally through my Samsung TV via PS3. Looked at the PS3 option, and it seems I'd have to buy PS3's monthly package as well. Not sure if I have the requisite Samsung TV to do the SmartTV option.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

Often just on my PC, or occasionally through my Samsung TV via PS3. Looked at the PS3 option, and it seems I'd have to buy PS3's monthly package as well. Not sure if I have the requisite Samsung TV to do the SmartTV option.
    Well roku streaming stick or fire stick are both only $30-40.

wubba lubba dub dub

Anyone have a solution for getting Showtime that doesn't involve cable, and is easy to cancel after 3-4 months? Or am I totally fcked for the new Twin Peaks and waiting for DVD? Thought I could stream it on its own - nope. I thought YouTube TV might be the answer, especially since outside of premium channels, they seem to cater to sports fans who've cut the cord, but then I see they haven't gone live outside of 5 major cities (NYC, PHL, CHI, LA, and SFO) yet. Blah.
    You can get Showtime as an add-on through Hulu, which can be viewed through a webpage, I think.

Go with the Roku over the Amazon TV Stick (or whatever it's called). The interface for the Amazon TV stick fails on mine way too often. I've not heard the same reports from people who own Roku devices.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

Anyone have a solution for getting Showtime that doesn't involve cable, and is easy to cancel after 3-4 months? Or am I totally fcked for the new Twin Peaks and waiting for DVD? Thought I could stream it on its own - nope. I thought YouTube TV might be the answer, especially since outside of premium channels, they seem to cater to sports fans who've cut the cord, but then I see they haven't gone live outside of 5 major cities (NYC, PHL, CHI, LA, and SFO) yet. Blah.
    It's an 8.99 standalone fee per my understanding

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    It's an 8.99 standalone fee per my understanding
    Is that through Showtime alone? Doesn't seem to be an option through the website...about 10 options through other services though.

I think I may have the solution - the Android app option - but it will require me to watch directly on my Moto phone or Kindle Fire. Seems to be $10.99/month, regardless.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Showtime anytime is their streaming service...will work on your comp like HBO Now does.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Showtime anytime is their streaming service...will work on your comp like HBO Now does.
    Not seeing how...

Pretty sure showtime anytime is comparable to hbo go where you need a tv provider login. Showtime is the stand alone like HBO now. And everything I'm seeing is $11/mo

You are right...Showtime only works if you have a Roku type device. (you dont need a login you can buy it for $10.99)
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

So the most economical option is a Roku stick + the monthly Showtime package...

So the most economical option is a Roku stick + the monthly Showtime package...
    That is what I would suggest...I wont lie I love the Roku so much I bought a Roku TV!
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

He fixes the cable?
    Sounds like they were playing fictionalized versions of themselves because in real life I am pretty sure they dont hate each other at all. (which is what makes the episode funny)
    Jensen and Jared are very good friends. Part of the joke is just what you said, they were playing the absolute worst version of themselves. Jensen's trailer had a 300 gallon aquarium. Jared's house looked like something Liberace would have lived in. It was completely ridiculous. The best parts of that episode were Misha though, effing hilarious.

Another great moment in the show is when they are on a tour bus in Hollywood. The guide says "Now we are arriving at the lot that contains the Gilmore Girls set. Hang out and may get to meet some of the stars!" Jared gets uncomfortable and gets off the bus as fast as he can.
    Last edited by state of hockey; 05-19-2017 at 01:34 AM.

Black List Finale - Awesome.
    Blind Spot Finale - just a big w t f.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

Quote Originally Posted by state of hockey View Post
    Jensen and Jared are very good friends. Part of the joke is just what you said, they were playing the absolute worst version of themselves. Jensen's trailer had a 300 gallon aquarium. Jared's house looked like something Liberace would have lived in. It was completely ridiculous. The best parts of that episode were Misha though, effing hilarious.

Another great moment in the show is when they are on a tour bus in Hollywood. The guide says "Now we are arriving at the lot that contains the Gilmore Girls set. Hang out and may get to meet some of the stars!" Jared gets uncomfortable and gets off the bus as fast as he can.
    Hah that is awesome! They are also good friends with Stephen Amell of Arrow so I would love if they did something with that as well

(I havent watched Supernatural but keep meaning too)
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

We love our roku, fwiw.

Only 7 hours til the new Twin Peaks!
    Currently watching the season 2 marathon on showtime. Grant is about to surrender to Lee!!

So I just learned Bobby Moynihan is leaving SNL, which means last night's season finale was the last of Drunk Uncle. Bummer.

Opposite Girl

So I just learned Bobby Moynihan is leaving SNL, which means last night's season finale was the last of Drunk Uncle. Bummer.
    Vanessa Bayer also left. Both were in many skits last night.

Thread Information