This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    I'm still young enough, however, that I did not see it until I was late 20s. When it ran, I was 3-5 years old.
    I was 10 when I watched for the first time and I was scared of bob. I saw it first run.

Comment

• Re: TV: The Golden Era Reborn

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      I'm still young enough, however, that I did not see it until I was late 20s. When it ran, I was 3-5 years old.
      I was 9-10, and Mom wouldn't let me watch it.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
        I was 9-10, and Mom wouldn't let me watch it.
        So we're the same age... your parents were paying closer attention than mine were!

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          So we're the same age... your parents were paying closer attention than mine were!
          Besides, heaven help you if you told my mom she couldn't watch Murder She Wrote.
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

I always assumed it was a 10 PM show. Is that not true? I know the early ratings suggest otherwise.

Nothing wrong with Murder She Wrote, but it was not Twin Peaks.

Comment

I always assumed it was a 10 PM show. Is that not true? I know the early ratings suggest otherwise.

I know. But Mom had her habits and she didn't want to try anything new.

But later in life, I got her hooked on Scrubs. And she came around on a few of my shows.

Comment

I've also been binge watching Scrubs. When I caught up with the show on Comedy Central, they edited some of the good stuff out, including Dr. Cox's rant about things he cares as little about as our last week.

Dr. Cox: ...and Hugh Jackman.
                JD: Hugh Jackman is Wolverine! How dare he!

Comment

It was not a 10pm show. I'm pretty sure it was an 8pm show. Maybe 9. Or maybe I'm totally wrong and it was a 10pm. Because I'm old too. The memory. It's the first thing to go!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    It was not a 10pm show. I'm pretty sure it was an 8pm show. Maybe 9. Or maybe I'm totally wrong and it was a 10pm. Because I'm old too. The memory. It's the first thing to go!
                    Wiki says it was Thursday nights at 9, with the 1st season finale at 10.

Basically it went head-to-head with Cheers, during the time when NBC's Thursday night lineup was an absolute juggernaut.
                    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      Better Call Saul:

More foundation being set in place. Total teaser episode. Enjoyable, yet it was kinda torture, knowing what is to come, and there is NO payoff in this ep.
                      Sigh... well now I'm not sure if I even want to watch that episode. Been sitting on my DVR but now knowing there is no payoff I may lose it. I'll make sure to have a few drinks before I start it.

Comment

I'm really getting fed up with some friends on my Facebook feed whining about how ABC's Last Man Standing was canceled "because of Tim Allen's politics!"

No, it was canceled because it was produced by 20th Century Fox and wasn't returning the profit margin that in-house ABC programs could for the same ratings.

If the show is so popular, why isn't FOX picking it up itself for FOX, FX, or FXX?
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          I'm really getting fed up with some friends on my Facebook feed whining about how ABC's Last Man Standing was canceled "because of Tim Allen's politics!"

No, it was canceled because it was produced by 20th Century Fox and wasn't returning the profit margin that in-house ABC programs could for the same ratings.

If the show is so popular, why isn't FOX picking it up itself for FOX, FX, or FXX?
                          This. I didn't even know it was still on!

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                            Sigh... well now I'm not sure if I even want to watch that episode. Been sitting on my DVR but now knowing there is no payoff I may lose it. I'll make sure to have a few drinks before I start it.
                            You do. To put it in other terms, total fluffer ep.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Americans:

Solid ep......Still dunno what to think about Henry's role in the show.....he's half-in, half-out.....

Gonna be a heckuva finale this season, for sure. Lots of ways to go with what is going on.....
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                Americans:

Solid ep......Still dunno what to think about Henry's role in the show.....he's half-in, half-out.....

Gonna be a heckuva finale this season, for sure. Lots of ways to go with what is going on.....
                                I've got a LOT of catching up to do on that one.
                                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X