Hockey East Quarterfinals UNH (10) @ Lowell (1) 3/10-3/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hockey East Quarterfinals UNH (10) @ Lowell (1) 3/10-3/12

Way to go 'Cats!! Awesome "welcome back" goals by Vela and Eiserman! Tirone with another big game.
    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
      3 goals on 12 SOG, I think?

Did HR call it as far as importance of having Eiserman and Vela back tonight?

For those who were there, did the Cats "sit back on their lead" in the second and third, or was it all about Tirone?
      I wouldn't say they sat back on their lead but in the third we were penned in abit (usual stuff) but big penalty kills and drawing that 4 v 4 didn't hurt. DT turned in a great effort and you can bet it will be hugewho comes to play tomorrow!
      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Who comes to play? I think it's more confidence and respect at this point....confidence in knowing that winning feeling.....in knowing DT has their back if they create a turnover.....knowing what the locker room feels like now with/for your teammates.......Lowell saw the MC scores, and just saw DT up close......despite their season, little ??? Invade when he makes a stop he shouldn't.......add to that Lowell is probably going to NCAA regardless......they'll both come to play, but is fate behind the Wildcats now and does Lowell believe that.......Do this Cats!!😉😉

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
          Who comes to play? I think it's more confidence and respect at this point....confidence in knowing that winning feeling.....in knowing DT has their back if they create a turnover.....knowing what the locker room feels like now with/for your teammates.......Lowell saw the MC scores, and just saw DT up close......despite their season, little ??? Invade when he makes a stop he shouldn't.......add to that Lowell is probably going to NCAA regardless......they'll both come to play, but is fate behind the Wildcats now and does Lowell believe that.......Do this Cats!!😉😉
          Absolutely! We watched the warm up and the 'Cats definitely seemed loose and assured. DT playing the way he is is huge as well as having Eiserman and Vela back in the lineup. I just try not to get too far ahead of myself but am thinking...it's theirs to lose!! Gooooo 'Cats goooo!
          Last edited by HockeyRef; 03-11-2017, 06:54 AM.
          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

No disrespect to UNH who clearly wanted this game more but I wouldn't read into the shots too much and Tironne being hot; I didn't think our quality chances were more than 4 or 5. And your first two were 'maybe soft; and 'Charmin' Squeezably Soft' , which just put us in the hole. UNH's third goal was perfectly timed to keep us deflated until much later in the game when the aforementioned pressing in the third period happened.

I don't think we played horribly but we certainly didn't have the greater will. The team leaders need to reassert themselves tonight and bring the rest of the team with them.

Yesterday afternoon, really didn't want to go to the Tsongas on Sunday; now I'll be devastated if we don't.
            Gary

www.umlhockey.com
            Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
            "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
            KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
              Since it's unlikely Maine or Amherst will do anything, I'm going with UNH to hopefully take out Merrimack so as the lowest remaining seed, we'd get the Wildcats in the quarterfinals. Really don't feel like dealing with either UConn or NU, especially UConn who really seems to have Lowell's number. Go Wildcats (and eat plenty of Fuddrucker's as that's pretty much the only benefit of having to play at Merrimack).
              As you said, Go Wildcats
              UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
                As you said, Go Wildcats
                LOL! Nah, that's ok. But give you guys a lot of credit last night as you stepped up and took advantage of an out of sync Lowell team that hadn't played in two weeks. Plus having Eiserman and Vela back gave them a boost too. But Lowell's defense was more or less on, only allowing 12 shots but on the flip side, 3 of those were goals with 2 being really soft and the third off of a Lowell brain fart turnover. Tirone played with a horseshoe up his ***** said one person next to me and that combined with Lowell's just being off, made the difference.
                Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                  3 goals on 12 SOG, I think?

Did HR call it as far as importance of having Eiserman and Vela back tonight?

For those who were there, did the Cats "sit back on their lead" in the second and third, or was it all about Tirone?
                  The song doesn't exactly count those as accurately as other joints. We noticed that spread and kept an eye from that point onward. Let's just say they missed a couple uhn shots on
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    The song doesn't exactly count those as accurately as other joints. We noticed that spread and kept an eye from that point onward. Let's just say they missed a couple uhn shots on
                    Scorekeeper distracted by Jasmine.
                    Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

...at the Worthen love the music hope the foods as good! Go 'Cats!!
                      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                        ...at the Worthen love the music hope the foods as good! Go 'Cats!!
                        Oh good. You should like it there. Beer Works is very busy, started picking up at 4.
                        Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                          Oh good. You should like it there. Beer Works is very busy, started picking up at 4.
                          We enjoyed it! Now let's go 'Cats!
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

The first 5 minutes of each period will be key to emotions and expectations within each player.....more of the same or here we go again.....🐈🐆🐈(only Wildcat emoji!)

Comment

UNH one shot, one goal. Very efficient this weekend. Cleland scores with the second PP unit.

Tonight's winner wins the series - as is often the case in a three game set...
                              Live Free or Die!!
                              Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                                UNH one shot, one goal. Very efficient this weekend. Cleland scores with the second PP unit.

Tonight's winner wins the series - as is often the case in a three game set...
                                Nice job by Tirone to poke it away on the clear breakaway on the PK.
                                Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Working...
                                X