2017 Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017 Playoffs

I know they are not in the tourney, but what happened to Eau Claire? They used to have some great talent come down from bottom end D1 players. Has that not been happening recently?

Comment

Originally posted by Clint Greenleaf View Post
      I know they are not in the tourney, but what happened to Eau Claire? They used to have some great talent come down from bottom end D1 players. Has that not been happening recently?
      finished second in the regular season and lost in the conference title game - both to the defending national champions... Hard to say it was a "down" year.
      St. Norbert College Green Knights
      NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
      NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
      NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
      ---
      SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
        finished second in the regular season and lost in the conference title game - both to the defending national champions... Hard to say it was a "down" year.
        Bump
        SNC Men:
        Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
        NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
        SNC Women:
        O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Bump Bump
          LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
            I am tempted to go watch Adrian/UWSP, just because of the history with those two, see how Adrian does with players & coach suspended, etc. I would pick UWSP to win.
            If there was one game I could go to, logistics be ****ed, it would be this one!

Sadly, I can't go to any games this Saturday, even though two of them are in my "backyard."
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
              If there was one game I could go to, logistics be ****ed, it would be this one!

Sadly, I can't go to any games this Saturday, even though two of them are in my "backyard."
              Every Point vs Adrian game, that I have seen in person, has been terrific...two offensively talented teams...great forwards...
              I am thinking that Point wins by two, last one into an EN..
              But I am committed to the Auggie vs Green Knight game @ the CCC.
              SNC Men:
              Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
              NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
              SNC Women:
              O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Clint Greenleaf View Post
                They are still a very good team. Having seen all the top West teams in person this year, I would rank them above Augsburg and about even with Adrian. Point just had their number this year, which made it really hard to get a bid with the 0-3 against them. To further this, I have no idea how to rank Norbert. The game against Point was possibly the worst officiated game I have been to all year. It was horrible calls left and right on both teams. No team was able to really get going in any sustainable way. There was no flow. All that I can state after that games is:

1) SNC Powerplay was ahead of the UWSP Penalty Kill at that point of the season
                2) Gordichuck should never have started a game for UWSP against any team that is not Finlandia.
                I'm Kent...Detlefsen?

I was there for 27/92.

Comment

Originally posted by BetterInLakePlacid View Post
                  SNC's powerplay has been nonexistent since then. I think they caught Point at the right time.
                  5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                  2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Coughlin View Post
                    SNC's powerplay has been nonexistent since then. I think they caught Point at the right time.
                    Gordichuck can help anyone's power play woes.
                    I'm Kent...Detlefsen?

I was there for 27/92.

Comment

Gordichuck can help anyone's power play woes.
                      Considering he'd have to play goal from the stands or an IKEA living room futon.... yeah.
                      Last edited by vcxc3200; 03-08-2017, 02:24 PM.
                      Our bite is worse than our bark....
                      Top guys, out.

Comment

They are still a very good team. Having seen all the top West teams in person this year, I would rank them above Augsburg and about even with Adrian. Point just had their number this year, which made it really hard to get a bid with the 0-3 against them. To further this, I have no idea how to rank Norbert. The game against Point was possibly the worst officiated game I have been to all year. It was horrible calls left and right on both teams. No team was able to really get going in any sustainable way. There was no flow. All that I can state after that games is:

2) Gordichuck should never have started a game for UWSP against any team that is not Finlandia.
                        Of course you know that Augsburg swept the series this year with UW- Eau Claire, right? 2-0. I looked at that first game as a measuring stick and then to win the next game was a good sign for Augsburg. I assume you know more than I do about hockey but that claim seems a bit out of whack.

Comment

Originally posted by oldauggie View Post
                          Of course you know that Augsburg swept the series this year with UW- Eau Claire, right? 2-0. I looked at that first game as a measuring stick and then to win the next game was a good sign for Augsburg. I assume you know more than I do about hockey but that claim seems a bit out of whack.
                          I know this but I still feel that EC was a better overall team. Augsburg definitely had their number this year though. Northland also tied UWSP this year, yet no one would state that Northland (who did improve greatly this year) is as good as UWSP.
                          I'm Kent...Detlefsen?

I was there for 27/92.

Comment

I know this but I still feel that EC was a better overall team. Augsburg definitely had their number this year though. Northland also tied UWSP this year, yet no one would state that Northland (who did improve greatly this year) is as good as UWSP.
                            CUW swept SNC in a home and home series. Haven't heard any arguments that CUW should be the 1 seed in the West.

Comment

Adrian comes into the tourney as the Harris Cup runner-up and has won seven consecutive games.
                              Quality reporting from USCHO.

Comment

I Like Norbert, Plattsburgh, Norwich & Stevens's point.
                                Plattsburgh's for real, the reason why Geneso dropped out of the rankings? Plattsburgh beat them twice since Christmas. The reason why Oswego dropped to the #4 seed in the east? Plattsburgh beat them twice in the last month. As hard as this could be for the Oswego seniors/fans/myself to watch, Plattsburgh is going to play in the championship game against Norwich. I think Norwich will finally stop them.

Comment

Working...
                                X