Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
    List of UMaine players/recruits attending NHL development camps this summer. A handful of teams have not reported rosters.
    Anaheim: Michel*
    Boston: McGovern*; Swayman
    Detroit: Holway; Pearson
    Florida: Shea
    Los Angeles: Keeper*
    NY Islanders: Meyers*; Mundinger*
    Toronto: Lacroix*; Vesey
    *=invite

USA Hockey Select 17 development camp has wrapped up. In 5 games, Max Sasson (2-2-4) and Harry Roy (1-3-4) had good statistical camps.
    Happy to see Meyers got an invite. I think he good be a good one.

Are you surprised there hasn't been any news come out on next year's roster? Maine still has way too many players at this point.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Usually we know who the captains are at this point, so I'm surprised we don't at least know that. I'd expect the schedule to be released in the next couple of weeks as well. Apparently there are #nodaysoff for Red...when I spoke to him about PK's HOF induction last week he was at a rink in Buffalo. No offseason for this man!

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
        Usually we know who the captains are at this point, so I'm surprised we don't at least know that. I'd expect the schedule to be released in the next couple of weeks as well. Apparently there are #nodaysoff for Red...when I spoke to him about PK's HOF induction last week he was at a rink in Buffalo. No offseason for this man!
        It seems like in the past captains usually are announced before the end of the school year so that is strange. Maybe there's a chance one of the candidates won't return? They definitely are late on the schedule as well. Apparently there will be a game played in Portland but I'm not sure which one it will be. I would think Vermont would be the best option, but where they are traveling to Europe weekend before that wouldn't be ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          It seems like in the past captains usually are announced before the end of the school year so that is strange. Maybe there's a chance one of the candidates won't return? They definitely are late on the schedule as well. Apparently there will be a game played in Portland but I'm not sure which one it will be. I would think Vermont would be the best option, but where they are traveling to Europe weekend before that wouldn't be ideal.
          Usually the norm has been that the Captains & Assistant Captains have been named around the time of the Hockey Banquet (1st week of May)...but this year there has been no word or talk about it...which in a sense is puzzling, but then everything these days with RG are a secret....as far as players coming in this is what I have understood and things can and will change without notice. But here's who I have heard is coming in as this years recruits: Emil Westerlund/forward - Adrain Holesinky/forward - Eduards Tralmaks/forward - Brady Keeper/d-man - Cam Spicer/d-man - Alexis Binner/d-man - Veli Matti Tiuraniemi/d-man - Jeremy Swayman/goaltender.....Red-Shirt d-man Oliver Herner...Transfers Tim Doherty/forward - Canon Pieper/Forward. Also there was some talk that Adam Dawe/forward was coming this fall to Maine, some have reported that he is not coming this fall, but the fall of 2018. So all in all this could be gospel or this has flaws in it....just going from what I have heard from the end of the season to now today. Maybe others can UPDATE this list....HAPPY 4th to ALL..!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
            Usually the norm has been that the Captains & Assistant Captains have been named around the time of the Hockey Banquet (1st week of May)...but this year there has been no word or talk about it...which in a sense is puzzling, but then everything these days with RG are a secret!
            This is kind of weird, more of the us vs them mentality?? Keeping fans out of the loop is not good for success of the program if you ask me
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              This is kind of weird, more of the us vs them mentality?? Keeping fans out of the loop is not good for success of the program if you ask me
              Typically the players select captain and assistant captains with the coaching staff's approval. He is either doing away with the concept or he is waiting for two or three players to step up before assigning them leadership roles. Pure conjecture on my part. As you say, he is so secretive who knows what he's thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                Typically the players select captain and assistant captains with the coaching staff's approval. He is either doing away with the concept or he is waiting for two or three players to step up before assigning them leadership roles. Pure conjecture on my part. As you say, he is so secretive who knows what he's thinking.
                The strange thing for me is its pretty obvious the captains will be some combination of Vesey, Hamilton, Lacroix, and Michel. There are some years where it's not as obvious and maybe waiting would make some sense.

Comment

Interview with Jeremy Swayman on facebook a few minutes ago;
                  https://www.facebook.com/NHLBruins/v...5500818834962/

Comment

It looks like you have a very interesting freshman class. Kind of a UN of junior hockey. There is one name who has disappeared from the list. What became of Lucas Michaud from South Portland? He committed about two years ago and had a bunch of UMO alums in his family.

As I've said in the past, York County is my second home and my favorite place to catch (and release) Smallies and Largemouths.. I hope things start to come together for you this season. I'll be rooting for you - except when you come to Matthews.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                      The strange thing for me is its pretty obvious the captains will be some combination of Vesey, Hamilton, Lacroix, and Michel. There are some years where it's not as obvious and maybe waiting would make some sense.
                      Hasn't vesey been benched numerous times for crimes against reds systems? Why would he be a captain?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        Hasn't vesey been benched numerous times for crimes against reds systems? Why would he be a captain?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                        He definitely has had lapses mentally, but he should be Maine's best player next year and he will be a senior. He seems like a very hard worker to me and sets an example for the other guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
                          NHL Development/Prospect Camp rosters have started coming out this week. Camps run for a hand full of days and take place over the next month. As of this post I have only seen 15 rosters of the, now, 31 NHL teams. Below are roster invites for UMaine recruits/players. Drafted players not listed.

Brady Keeper - Kings
                          Ben Meyers - NY Islanders
                          Steve Mundinger - NY Islanders

Also,
                          Harry Roy and Max Sasson are currently participating in USA Hockey's Select 17 (2000's) development camp. Select 16 rosters will be announced shortly, of which, Bogdanovich and Capone are eligible.

Pretty sure Harry Roy will start the season in Cedar Rapids. Being a High School aged kid, I would expect him to stick. Mark Carlson doesnt typically bring a high school kid in and then move him.

Comment

A little late getting this posted but Capone and Bogdanovich are participating in USA Hockey Select 16 Camp
                            UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
                              It looks like you have a very interesting freshman class. Kind of a UN of junior hockey. There is one name who has disappeared from the list. What became of Lucas Michaud from South Portland? He committed about two years ago and had a bunch of UMO alums in his family.

As I've said in the past, York County is my second home and my favorite place to catch (and release) Smallies and Largemouths.. I hope things start to come together for you this season. I'll be rooting for you - except when you come to Matthews.
                              Michaud decommitted quite some time ago and is still looking to find a D1 home.

Comment

Came across this interview from a month and a half ago that I had not seen before. Since there isn't much of any news coming out of Orono these days maybe this morsel will help hold us over.

https://www.nhl.com/video/nhl-now-tr...912/c-52052903

Comment

Working...
                                X