Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

Bad news on Breen. It looks like those teams expect him to go to the Q.

Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

Not really bad news. Just the process of Futures & Affiliate list. Teams take best players with no flight risk in the first couple rounds. Breen's situation hasn't changed. Good news/bad news barometer will be team performance/coaching change in the next couple seasons.

Eduards Tralmaks is continuing his tear. Third in USHL playoff scoring. 4-2-6 in 7 games. He is really seeing the game well. Totally different player from when he came back from injury/played in World Juniors.

USHL Phase II draft - UMaine Recruits
    Rd-8 Pk-124 - A.J. Drobot - Fargo
    Rd-10 Pk-158 - Jacob Schmidt-Svejstrup -Fargo
    Rd-19 Pk 303 - Max Sasson - Muskegon

Assuming all 3 are on the final 23 man roster, Fargo will have a distinct future UMaine flavor next year, with Ben Meyers, A.J. Drobot, and JSS. Dallas Farrell and Jack Moran were not selected and as far as I am aware are not on any affiliate list. Farrell, a '99, put up a very good season for the Jr. Bruins this year. Seems as though he would of drawn interest. Perhaps he does not want to move to Midwest? If anyone has specifics on Farrell I would appreciate knowing more. Presumably Jack Moran prefers to stick with Sean Tremblay. As of now only two other UMaine recruits are not affiliates of a USHL team, Jack York who will presumably remain in CCHL and Ben Beck who, if not taken in NAHL draft (June 6th) will likely play one more year in Europe prior to coming to US for a year of juniors prior to Orono.

Some information on new UMaine committ Veli-Matti Tiuraniemi. Dubuque is currently tied 1-1 with Chicago in their second round playoff matchup. The two teams square off tonight in for games 3 and 4. Saw him play a couple games this year. Very good offensively, moves the puck well, smart player. Much more mobile than two regulars from last years UMaine team. Adds to international flavor of this season's freshman class, students might need a couple extra flags. Very good late pickup. No doubt blue line will have more talent in the upcoming season. Will be crowded. Look for somebody to redshirt and/or perhaps another departure.

http://www.dubuquefightingsaints.com...s&referrer_id=

Quote Originally Posted by Bhall44 View Post
    Some information on new UMaine committ Veli-Matti Tiuraniemi. Dubuque is currently tied 1-1 with Chicago in their second round playoff matchup. The two teams square off tonight in for games 3 and 4. Saw him play a couple games this year. Very good offensively, moves the puck well, smart player. Much more mobile than two regulars from last years UMaine team. Adds to international flavor of this season's freshman class, students might need a couple extra flags. Very good late pickup. No doubt blue line will have more talent in the upcoming season. Will be crowded. Look for somebody to redshirt and/or perhaps another departure.

You left out the most important part; he's a lefty. I'm very happy about this but you wonder what the offsetting move will be. I would expect two of Becker, Muehlbauer, and herner won't come back. I still don't buy that Herner is anything special.

Well lets hope that this can start a new beginning in fixing the Defensive part of Maine's game in there back end, along with making it easier getting out of there own end with a d-man that can get the puck out of the zone without turnovers....positive, but again only time will tell. This along with re-shaping the goaltending where it is a strong point and not a question mark each and every series then maybe the Rebuild has started forward....maybe. Goaltending and Defense needs to be Maine's strong point from the get-go.

Anone interested in listening to tonights Chicago vs. Dubuque USHL matchup (8:00 ET) can listen for free at the link below. Eduards Tralmaks and VMT will square off against one another. As always hockeyTV has the video for a fee.

http://www.chicagosteelhockeyteam.com/broadcast

Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    You left out the most important part; he's a lefty. I'm very happy about this but you wonder what the offsetting move will be. I would expect two of Becker, Muehlbauer, and herner won't come back. I still don't buy that Herner is anything special.
    With the late addition of VMT I don't see any off the incoming recruits threatening Muehlbauer. Herner is the only Dman I have not seen personally so tough to say where he fits in. I wouldn't sleep on him, but at the same time 10 players vying for 6 starting spots and a couple of depth options really makes things interesting for sure. If I had to guess, as of today top 5 are Hamilton, Michel, Muehlbauer, Holway, Binner then VMT and Keeper splitting weekends. Spicer doesn't offer the offensive upside of VMT & Keeper but he is good defensively and certainly could work his way into regular playing time. Becker is really stands out to me as the likely odd man out unless somebody redshirts (Spicer/Keeper).

Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar

With the late addition of VMT I don't see any off the incoming recruits threatening Muehlbauer. Herner is the only Dman I have not seen personally so tough to say where he fits in. I wouldn't sleep on him, but at the same time 10 players vying for 6 starting spots and a couple of depth options really makes things interesting for sure. If I had to guess, as of today top 5 are Hamilton, Michel, Muehlbauer, Holway, Binner then VMT and Keeper splitting weekends. Spicer doesn't offer the offensive upside of VMT & Keeper but he is good defensively and certainly could work his way into regular playing time. Becker is really stands out to me as the likely odd man out unless somebody redshirts (Spicer/Keeper).
    I thought Muelbauer looked much better last season compared to his freshman season. I doubt he is going anywhere. If Herner couldn't get into the lineup last season I see little hope for him.
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I thought Muelbauer looked much better last season compared to his freshman season. I doubt he is going anywhere. If Herner couldn't get into the lineup last season I see little hope for him.
    Maybe my information could be wrong but Herner had to sit out the first 19 games because of playing some type of games in his native country of Hungary, which was dictated by the NCAA...and from there my understanding was that the Coaching Staff urged him to Red-Shirt this year and have 4 years left beginning this Fall (2017 season). As for what he brings to the ice, that's any body's guess...but "IF" the Staff wanted him to wait till this season I would figure he gets a chance at showing if or what he can bring to the Team. But under Gendron...I would not try to figure his thinking. But not a good way to deal with a player by bringing him in, holding him back a year and then cutting him without a chance. ??????? > who knows.?

All that could be true but last year's team needed help if he could have helped I would played him. 3.5 years or 4, whoopie freaking doo. I hope he is as good as some have said and you are correct red held him out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

All that could be true but last year's team needed help if he could have helped I would played him. 3.5 years or 4, whoopie freaking doo. I hope he is as good as some have said and you are correct red held him out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I really could care less if he had played this season or not...what ever he would have brought to the team would very well not made any difference...he's pretty much a unknown, no matter what we hear or see from some of his playing clips...until he puts on that hockey sweater he's just a thought of what might be...could be. Time will tell. Maybe something will come out during the Banquet this coming Friday.

What would you think about Hamilton-Michel, Binner-Holway, VMT-Muehlbauer? It would be nice to have a lefty on each pair. Could Keeper play up front? I really like having a seventh dman on the fourth line in case you lose someone. I agree on Muehlbauer improving a lot last year.

How would you rank Doherty, Pieper, Westerlund, Tralmaks, Holeinsky, Dawe, Hock, and Quinlivan? Do you still think Dawe defers for a year? I'm interested to see who actually ends up on the roster next year as there will likely need to be around half a dozen players let go.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Looks like Tralmaks is tearing it up in playoffs
    https://twitter.com/WeissFC/status/861041845144571904

There is a long way to go of course before the season starts and of course the younger players take time to adjust but something along those lines is the general top six with Keeper in the mix. Herner is the wild card not having seen him. Would not be surprised is Spicer earns playing time or redshirts. Honestly Spicer would have offered the team better defensive play last year than Becker and Schurhamer so that gives a barometer check as to the caliber of other d-men coming in.
    Forwards are always much trickier to predict. But Doherty, Pieper, Westerlund, Tralmks, & Holesinsky (pronounched Hole-e-chinsky) will have immediate impacts. All are better defensive forwards than graduating forwards but of course they will have a way to go to match the offensive output of graduating seniors). Last year the team was week down the middle, I thought Cam played very admirably out of position and really put together a splendid senior campaign, ultimately wing is a better fit. Peiper and Holesinksy should earn starting C roles this year. Along with Chase/Cedric and Peter mixed in.

Wingers are always more undpredicatble to slot in
    Vesey, Robbins, Fossier, Shea, Smith, Tralmaks, Westerlund, Doherty/Gibson, uphill climb but Pappalardo could make a leap he started to skate better his last couple games. I was really disappointed that Doherty redshirted last year. Falls into the same category as Herner, team needed more bodies especially at the LW and he could have provided a spark. As walrus said now we get 4 years instead of 3.5 years. Hock and Quinlivan could always surprise but their expectations are lower than others.

As with any young team expect lots of mixing and matching early to figure out what combinations bring best results. And look for early season deer in the headlights (Pappalardo Fall 2016) and players that make big jumps (Holway)

Looks like Tralmaks is tearing it up in playoffs
    https://twitter.com/WeissFC/status/861041845144571904
    As mentioned here many time Tralmaks has been an animal since February. He added 3 more goals this weekend. The Tralmaks/Badini/Johnstone line is the most effective offensive line in the USHL right now. Chicago has a great chance to win the Clark Cup this year and Tralmaks second half has been a big reason why they are in contention. Unfortunately the week side defender on the play was VMT. That one play was not indicative of his night or the weekend however.

Quote Originally Posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
    Great contribution Thanks for sharing!

Thread Information