Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324

Thread: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

There was no joy in Orono.

Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

No skaters drafted? Seems not good.

Quote Originally Posted by amkirby10 View Post
    He was #4 in the final central scouting rankings for North American goalies, I was stunned he fell that far. I expected him taken in the fourth or fifth round. Lingering injury concerns perhaps?
    Played in a weak league.

Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackI View Post
    I do. It's gonna end up in our net unless the big boys open ice him when they can.
    Thats going to happen by more players than just Wahlstrom.
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Interview of Matt Thiessen while at Dubuque(USHL) main camp...
    https://twitter.com/fightingsaints/s...818134528?s=19

Article on Vancouver Courier...
    http://www.vancourier.com/pass-it-to...aft-1.23346734

Quote Originally Posted by amkirby10 View Post
    He was #4 in the final central scouting rankings for North American goalies, I was stunned he fell that far. I expected him taken in the fourth or fifth round. Lingering injury concerns perhaps?
    A few weeks before the Draft I figured he'd be Drafted in the late 4th or late 5th round, then after watching the NHL Network for a couple weeks leading into the Draft, I thought with so many goaltenders available that he would not even get Drafted and if he did it would be late 6th or 7th round....either way he did get selected which means some team or teams saw something they liked....next he needs to heal up on his late season injury, get ready for the MJHL { possible @ USHL?} play and head to Maine to team up with Swayman in 2019-20 season.
    Last edited by Ma#1ne Hky; Yesterday at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhall44 View Post
    Exactly. With the increase in talent and depth at the NCAA level over the past decade-plus NHL teams are happy to let drafted players develop in NCAA. Pearson is a good example of that - 15 years ago he leaves after sophomore year. Also, players who go un-drafted are realizing the power of patience when it comes to negotiating and not jumping at the first offer. 10 years ago Tralmaks jumps at his first or second offer and maybe plays one or two seasons in NCAA. Instead players like Zack Aston-Reese are proving that if you wait and drive your stock up over a 3 or 4 seasons that more teams start bidding for services and you can get a better offer and situation. Even drafted players are more frequently waiting for graduation so they can become free agents and choose the best situation for themselves (much to the ire of major juniors). The post 2005 NHL-CBA world initially favored the teams but now the player's hockey advisers and agents have figured out how to sway deals in the player's favor. I think this is good for college hockey as it has a positive feedback on talent and competition on the ice. Although, I do expect a future CBA to curb some of this - even though NHL headquarters moved to New York the CHL still has a lot of clout.
    Speaking of Tralmaks, evidently he has been invited to 10 nhl development camps.
    https://twitter.com/MarkDivver/statu...280672256?s=19

Speaking of Tralmaks, evidently he has been invited to 10 nhl development camps.
    https://twitter.com/MarkDivver/statu...280672256?s=19
    He has the talents, he tends to be a streaky type player {imo}….points of the game he is in all there plays and then there are times he's not visible….he still needs seasoning and a good place is College Hockey for another 2 season, this year and next.

Quote Originally Posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    A few weeks before the Draft I figured he'd be Drafted in the late 4th or late 5th round, then after watching the NHL Network for a couple weeks leading into the Draft, I thought with so many goaltenders available that he would not even get Drafted and if he did it would be late 6th or 7th round....either way he did get selected which means some team or teams saw something they liked....next he needs to heal up on his late season injury, get ready for the MJHL { possible @ USHL?} play and head to Maine to team up with Swayman in 2019-20 season.
    Not sure, this article claims he's back in MJHL for another season. My guess is Dubuque gives him a shot to play into the roster early in the season. But, who knows.

https://www.straight.com/news/109425...cks-2018-draft

He has the talents, he tends to be a streaky type player {imo}….points of the game he is in all there plays and then there are times he's not visible….he still needs seasoning and a good place is College Hockey for another 2 season, this year and next.
    Let's hope you are correct. If you are wrong you owe me a beer. If you are right Walrus owes me a beer.
    Last edited by BlackI; Yesterday at 07:16 PM.

Let's hope you are correct. If you are wrong you owe me a beer. If you are right Walrus owes me a beer.
    A win/win situation for you...……...or 1 bag of pucks and 1 left and 1 right handed stick to be named later.
    Last edited by Ma#1ne Hky; Today at 01:57 AM.

Thumbs up Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

A win/win situation for you......or 1 bag of pucks and 1 left and 1 right handed stick to be named later.

Watched nesn tonight where they showcased Samoset, Sugarloaf, and Bell Grade Lake...

Must be the off season where I am playing golf. Four!

Thread Information