UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Yeah, they are, as much as I hate them, especially when compared to Maine's recent track record.

(BTW, are you and amkirby twin sisters who were both dropped on your heads at birth..? Just asking.)
    Overdose on pessimism pills again, Fishy?

Comment

• Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
      Yeah, they are, as much as I hate them, especially when compared to Maine's recent track record.

(BTW, are you and amkirby twin sisters who were both dropped on your heads at birth..? Just asking.)
      You just couldn't help yourself with another baseless attack, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
        Is Drobot the 4th line LW? And does he kill penalties too? And I assume great Dane is RW on first line and first power play unit?
        Yes and Drobot was a captain and pk last year in NAHL, not so as much pk time this year. Great Dane can play both wings like Tralmaks & Westerlund. This season he has predominately been on his off hand side (left) with Hebert centering and Loughran on the right. By thye way this Fargo team is fun to watch they have excellent depth. As with most good teams their 3rd and 4th lines are as good or better than average teams 2nd and 3rd. Very sound both ends of the ice.
        UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
          Yes and Drobot was a captain and pk last year in NAHL, not so as much pk time this year. Great Dane can play both wings like Tralmaks & Westerlund. This season he has predominately been on his off hand side (left) with Hebert centering and Loughran on the right. By thye way this Fargo team is fun to watch they have excellent depth. As with most good teams their 3rd and 4th lines are as good or better than average teams 2nd and 3rd. Very sound both ends of the ice.
          This is probably too harsh but it seems Drobot has Timmy recruit written all over him. I really think he might be better off elsewhere given the numbers situation.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
            Overdose on pessimism pills again, Fishy?
            My bad, no need for me to insult a fellow Bear. We all want the same thing here.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
              You just couldn't help yourself with another baseless attack, eh?
              See below. We all bleed Blue, my brother.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                My bad, no need for me to insult a fellow Bear. We all want the same thing here.
                I accept your apology.

Comment

Bhall44, how did Roy do?

Comment

Theissen top ranked cjhl netminder in mid-term central scouting rankings:
                    http://www.steinbachpistons.ca/pisto...ntral-scouting

Looks like he started for team west in cjhl prospect game and gave up one goal in a half of a game worth of action.

Comment

Log time since i posted a recruit update. Work has been quite hectic. Unfortunately tracking and reporting UMaine hockey recruits doesn't pay the bills! Anyway....

BlackI took care of Thiessen update for me (Thanks). Also appearing on the Mid Term Central Scouting ranks North American Skaters is The Great Dane (159), Binner (210), and Westerlund (209). Also of note is that Tralmaks is in his final year of eligibility (Euro rule) and Central Scouting does not include his birth year in rankings. Typically teams will wait and negotiate with a player as a free agent however occasionally a team falls in love with a player and doesn't want to risk free agency so they grab that player late. Doesn't happen a lot due to circumstance but this is certainly a possibility this year. No glaring omissions of any player with UMaine ties. Adam Dawe, tied for 10th in USHL goals, not on the list but not surprising given his size. NHL teams are still leary of small players that aren't in the top 5% of speedsters.

Trivia questions of the day: "When was the last time an active UMaine player was drafted in the NHL?"....... There is a very good chance an active UMaine players is drafted in 2018. Binner is most likely given his age, surprising pass over last year, and now has proven his ability in his first NCAA season. Oh yeah, answer to question is Danis-Pepin in 2006.

Around the junior leagues Maine has been struck by the injury bug. The Great Dane, Kawamura, Butala, have all missed significant time recently. Nothing major to report as all are expected to return. Anyone in the Southern Maine/NH/Boston area looking to check out some dynamic future black bears in person should check out Lynden Breen and Nick Capone. The two are having terrific prep seasons to date. Jump on their respective school web sites for schedule. For example, New Hampton will play Kents Hill at the University of Southern Maine on Feb 11. 1:30pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
                        Trivia questions of the day: "When was the last time an active UMaine player was drafted in the NHL?"....... There is a very good chance an active UMaine players is drafted in 2018. Binner is most likely given his age, surprising pass over last year, and now has proven his ability in his first NCAA season. Oh yeah, answer to question is Danis-Pepin in 2006.
                        Binner is youngest player on the team, just like Danis-Pepin. I am very surprised Binner got overlooked. With Danis-Pepin he had a uncoordination he had to grow out of. But I see strong skating skills with Binner. Needs to be more physical and be willing to block shots to round out his game. I am sure he will develop that player for Maine in hockey east. He's had a strong impact given his age. Some other first year players are two years older than he is.

Comment

HUGE get for UMaine today! Tim Gould ('00) from Notre Dame Hounds (SJHL) committed. Easily one of the most sought after D-men in SJHL this year. I have been watching this guy all year and given our affinity for recruiting kids from the Hounds was hoping we were making a play for him. When we committed Kleiboer I assumed we lost out on Gould and was more than a little disappointed!! Tim can really shoot the puck and move the puck with the best of them. Good skater and takes good angles. Plays physical when needed. Room to add strength to his frame. Hails from Moncton area. Has ability to arrive next year as true freshman but given current roster dynamics (early departures & current commits) would expect a year in USHL and Orono arrival 2019/20 arrival. Along with Kleiboer, Gould participated in Canada West (U-19) training camp this year a full 2 years younger than the former. NHL draft eligible for the first time this season. Will likely get looks in later rounds but given trend of drafter later age players more likely to pop up on central scouting radar for 2019 draft.

http://www.notredamehounds.ca/news_a...rrer_id=618263
                          Last edited by Bhall44; 02-07-2018, 01:48 PM.

Comment

HUGE get for UMaine today! Tim Gould ('00) from Notre Dame Hounds (SJHL) committed. Easily one of the most sought after D-men in SJHL this year. I have been watching this guy all year and given our affinity for recruiting kids from the Hounds was hoping we were making a play for him. When we committed Kleiboer I assumed we lost out on Gould and was more than a little disappointed!! Tim can really shoot the puck and move the puck with the best of them. Good skater and takes good angles. Plays physical when needed. Room to add strength to his frame. Hails from Moncton area. Has ability to arrive next year as true freshman but given current roster dynamics (early departures & current commits) would expect a year in USHL and Orono arrival 2019/20 arrival. Along with Kleiboer, Gould participated in Canada West (U-19) training camp this year a full 2 years younger than the former. NHL draft eligible for the first time this season. Will likely get looks in later rounds but given trend of drafter later age players more likely to pop up on central scouting radar for 2019 draft.

Highlights...

https://youtu.be/6jcT84or1YU

And also this one...

https://vimeo.com/245936039

Comment

Also had a chance to watch the Sioux Falls/Fargo game last night. These two teams are really developing quite the rivalry. Very good action throughout the night. Adam Dawe had a shot deflected past the goalie for an assist but was bottled up for most of the night. Fargo dmen played him tight all night and limited his space as much as possible. I would like to see him add extra speed to his game. He does a very good job working and creating in tight spaces but could use the extra element of speed separation to his game. Although he was not able to convert, Ben Meyers was all over the ice and seemingly getting shots at will (6 total). He is seeing the game much better than the start of the season. AJ Drobot has really gelled with Ryan Savage and this line is producing offensively. Drobot has 4G-1A in last 6 GP. Drobot plays with great grit and determination. Reminds me of a mix of Pieper and Cam Brown, definitely a better skater than Brown.

Comment

It is nice to get recruits from eastern Canada. After Sweetland I figured we would start a trend and it would be a natural attraction for eastern canadians. Hopefully the trend can continue. I think there are four eastern Canadian recruits now set to come in(hopefully none opt for major junior)...

Adam Dawe, Gander, NL
                                Brad Morrissey, Tignish, PEI
                                Lynden Breen, Grand Bay-Westfield, NB
                                Tim Gould, Riverview, NB

Comment

Working...
                                X