UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

Nick Capone notched a hat trick on day 4 of the USA Hockey Select 16 (2001) camp. He is currently tied for 5th in scoring at the camp with 3-4-7 and was named to the All-Star team.
    good article about Nick
    https://www.zip06.com/profile/201705...y-league-draft
    UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
      Nick Capone notched a hat trick on day 4 of the USA Hockey Select 16 (2001) camp. He is currently tied for 5th in scoring at the camp with 3-4-7 and was named to the All-Star team.
      good article about Nick
      https://www.zip06.com/profile/201705...y-league-draft
      Red and Ben have done a great job getting some of the younger guys. It will take time but I think Maine is in pretty good shape moving forward.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        Red and Ben have done a great job getting some of the younger guys. It will take time but I think Maine is in pretty good shape moving forward.
        So will you be OK if the team wins only 10-11 games and finishes 10th or 11th in Hockey East....myself I figure he [Gendron] needs to post a .500 season, say 16-16-2 or 15-15-4 regular season record and 7th or 8th place finish in Hockey East...because @ the Banquet in May he said that Maine would WIN HOCKEY EAST this season....hhhmmmmm, that's a lofty goal.

Comment

At this point I'd be satisfied with a road win
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            That too...!

Comment

😂

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                So will you be OK if the team wins only 10-11 games and finishes 10th or 11th in Hockey East....myself I figure he [Gendron] needs to post a .500 season, say 16-16-2 or 15-15-4 regular season record and 7th or 8th place finish in Hockey East...because @ the Banquet in May he said that Maine would WIN HOCKEY EAST this season....hhhmmmmm, that's a lofty goal.
                I wouldn't say I would be okay with it, but who knows what happens during the season. If Vesey, Michel, and Pearson all have major injuries that might be a good result. I don't think judging a season's success on wins and losses is a good way to go, especially with a team that is building itself up. I wasn't happy with the amount of wins last year, but was pretty happy with how they played and how individuals improved.

With all of that being said, I am very much looking forward to this season. It looks like another good freshmen class and I think Maine will have much better depth this year, in every facet of the game. My biggest concern is the top couple of lines, but hopefully as the season goes on they find a couple decent combinations. I'm very intrigued to see what the final roster looks like as Maine has way too many guys lined up right now.

Comment

I wouldn't say I would be okay with it, but who knows what happens during the season. If Vesey, Michel, and Pearson all have major injuries that might be a good result. I don't think judging a season's success on wins and losses is a good way to go, especially with a team that is building itself up. I wasn't happy with the amount of wins last year, but was pretty happy with how they played and how individuals improved.

With all of that being said, I am very much looking forward to this season. It looks like another good freshmen class and I think Maine will have much better depth this year, in every facet of the game. My biggest concern is the top couple of lines, but hopefully as the season goes on they find a couple decent combinations. I'm very intrigued to see what the final roster looks like as Maine has way too many guys lined up right now.
                  All sports are judged by wins and losses, thats the idea. On paper they look better, I think its all on the staff now.They can either relate to these guys or they can't.
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Kyle Kawamura has signed with Powell River in the BCHL this season.
                    http://www.powellriverkings.com/kawa...bound-for-1718
                    Last edited by Bhall44; 07-14-2017, 12:33 PM.

Comment

All sports are judged by wins and losses, thats the idea. On paper they look better, I think its all on the staff now.They can either relate to these guys or they can't.
                      Bottom line is Red Gendron has to produce.

Comment

Kyle Kawamura has signed with Powell River in the BCHL this season.
                        http://www.powellriverkings.com/kawa...bound-for-1718
                        Another article with mention of Kawamura
                        http://www.prpeak.com/sports/kings/p...ess-1.21070613

Comment

SBN College Hockey posted the updated USHL protected and affiliate lists.

Bloomington
                          Simon Butala-protected
                          Nick Capone-affiliate
                          Lynden Breen-affiliate

Cedar Rapids
                          Harrison Roy-protected

Fargo
                          A.J. Drobot-protected
                          Ben Meyers-protected
                          Jacob Schmidt-Svejstrup-protected

Muskegon
                          Max Sasson-affiliate

Sioux Falls
                          Adam Dawe-protected

Waterloo
                          Max Bogdanovich-affiliate

Youngstown
                          Craig Needham-protected

Omission of Alexis Binner which suggests he will be in Orono this fall, Adam Dawe was added to the Sioux Falls protected list which adds another layer of confusion pertaining to his potential arrival, and Trevor Peca not showing up on Lincoln's protected or affiliate list suggests that perhaps he has chose to stick with Jr. Sabres program and play in OJHL this season. Surprising that Lincoln would not at least keep him on their affiliate list.

Comment

SBN College Hockey posted the updated USHL protected and affiliate lists.

Bloomington
                            Simon Butala-protected
                            Nick Capone-affiliate
                            Lynden Breen-affiliate

Cedar Rapids
                            Harrison Roy-protected

Fargo
                            A.J. Drobot-protected
                            Ben Meyers-protected
                            Jacob Schmidt-Svejstrup-protected

Muskegon
                            Max Sasson-affiliate

Sioux Falls
                            Adam Dawe-protected

Waterloo
                            Max Bogdanovich-affiliate

Youngstown
                            Craig Needham-protected

Omission of Alexis Binner which suggests he will be in Orono this fall, Adam Dawe was added to the Sioux Falls protected list which adds another layer of confusion pertaining to his potential arrival, and Trevor Peca not showing up on Lincoln's protected or affiliate list suggests that perhaps he has chose to stick with Jr. Sabres program and play in OJHL this season. Surprising that Lincoln would not at least keep him on their affiliate list.
                            Does this also mean Brent Hill will be coming this year? Or is he going somewhere else?

Comment

Does this also mean Brent Hill will be coming this year? Or is he going somewhere else?
                              Brent Hill will be with Carleton Place again in CCHL or Corpus Christi in NAHL.
                              https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                              Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                                Brent Hill will be with Carleton Place again in CCHL or Corpus Christi in NAHL.
                                Hopefully he can stay healthy. It sounds like there is some potential there but he has had a lot of injury problems.

Comment

Working...
                                X