Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

Thumbs up Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    Always a good sign when there excited to come and play @ Maine.
    It was a great game for him, but an example of 17 yo future goalie for Maine...

https://youtu.be/1pqzG4AlQRQ

Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by BlackI View Post
    It was a great game for him, but an example of 17 yo future goalie for Maine...

https://youtu.be/1pqzG4AlQRQ
    Good to see that they (Maine Recruiting) are looking into keeping the goaltending solid, something that Maine had a tradition years ago. I always say if your team is going to be a contender in Conference play and aiming at goals of playing in the NCAA's and to be considered legit and play for Hardware then it all starts in goal.

Good to see that they (Maine Recruiting) are looking into keeping the goaltending solid, something that Maine had a tradition years ago. I always say if your team is going to be a contender in Conference play and aiming at goals of playing in the NCAA's and to be considered legit and play for Hardware then it all starts in goal.
    Speaks very well. Has given every thing he had for Maine hockey in 99. We lost Jimmy before. Well, we need promote Alfie. He's the type of guy that knows how to win.

Good article on the Great Dane...

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/ar...-the-long-road

Per Jeff Cox, Czech Defenseman Jakub Sirota has committed to Maine.

He was a bit of a "suitcase" in the USHL. Drafted by Des Moines, traded to Cedar Rapids, and then Cedar Rapids traded him back to the Bucs.

Bucs released him and he caught on in the NAHL.

Mobile 2 way defenseman.

University of Maine Class of 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by herbst20 View Post
    Per Jeff Cox, Czech Defenseman Jakub Sirota has committed to Maine.

He was a bit of a "suitcase" in the USHL. Drafted by Des Moines, traded to Cedar Rapids, and then Cedar Rapids traded him back to the Bucs.

Bucs released him and he caught on in the NAHL.

Mobile 2 way defenseman.
    Looks like he had a tough year in the USHL, but a much better year in the NAHL. In my opinion, the ideal trajectory for him would be to progress and play in the USHL again next year, do much better, and come to Orono in 19-20.

Quote Originally Posted by amkirby10 View Post
    Looks like he had a tough year in the USHL, but a much better year in the NAHL. In my opinion, the ideal trajectory for him would be to progress and play in the USHL again next year, do much better, and come to Orono in 19-20.
    If no one is going to leave early would think that has to happen. I hope both Holway and Keeper donít leave after next year but that looks likely.

Quote Originally Posted by amkirby10 View Post
    Looks like he was a victim of import rule, can only have four imports. Two more if Canadian skaters. They had Ugbekile at similar size and had 60 games year before for Des Moines. And Napravnik also took a slot and plyed regularly there the year before. And then they traded for Werbix, which took 3rd import slot. So then they evidently had one slot left between Appendino and Sirota. Sirota had only been there two weeks and for two preseason games. So maybe he was not in a reasonable position to secure that final import spot.

The year before he was on a bd Cedar Rapids team. Looks like 5 defensemen(averaging 52 games played each) had worse plus minuses.

It could be the case of a decent player falling through the cracks. Here is a link describing his style...

https://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/ne...ayers-to-watch

Also, he wasn't taken in the recent phase two USHL draft, so unless I am missing something he won't play in USHL.

Looks like he was a victim of import rule, can only have four imports. Two more if Canadian skaters. They had Ugbekile at similar size and had 60 games year before for Des Moines. And Napravnik also took a slot and plyed regularly there the year before. And then they traded for Werbix, which took 3rd import slot. So then they evidently had one slot left between Appendino and Sirota. Sirota had only been there two weeks and for two preseason games. So maybe he was not in a reasonable position to secure that final import spot.

The year before he was on a bd Cedar Rapids team. Looks like 5 defensemen(averaging 52 games played each) had worse plus minuses.

It could be the case of a decent player falling through the cracks. Here is a link describing his style...

https://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/ne...ayers-to-watch

Also, he wasn't taken in the recent phase two USHL draft, so unless I am missing something he won't play in USHL.
    Saw at one point he was rated fairly high by NHL central scouting. He has perfect size and looks like some offensive ability. Another good prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    Saw at one point he was rated fairly high by NHL central scouting. He has perfect size and looks like some offensive ability. Another good prospect.
    Yes, to be honest I am more interested in at home types for Maine next season. Need to have a defensive style to get Maine back to fleet and playoffs. I like they say he skates well and is responsible in his own end. Those are traits Maine needs now.

Edit: Unfortunately Thiessen got hurt in second game of RBC cup and didn't play the last two games. Let's hope it isn't a serious injury. So Steinbach was eliminated. But Schmidt-Svestrup, Drobot, and Needham are still playing in USHL finals. Fargo has a chance to finish it off tonight at 7 pm.
    Last edited by BlackI; 05-19-2018 at 04:04 PM.

Yes, to be honest I am more interested in at home types for Maine next season. Need to have a defensive style to get Maine back to fleet and playoffs. I like they say he skates well and is responsible in his own end. Those are traits Maine needs now.

Edit: Unfortunately Thiessen got hurt in second game of RBC cup and didn't play the last two games. Let's hope it isn't a serious injury. So Steinbach was eliminated. But Schmidt-Svestrup, Drobot, and Needham are still playing in USHL finals. Fargo has a chance to finish it off tonight at 7 pm.
    ANY UPDATE on what type of injury Thiessen has.?

ANY UPDATE on what type of injury Thiessen has.?
    No. This is all I have heard... helped off the ice after going down on his own recovering from a misplayed puck...

https://steinbachonline.com/local-sp...tes-lose-in-ot

Quote Originally Posted by blacki View Post
    no. This is all i have heard... Helped off the ice after going down on his own recovering from a misplayed puck...

https://steinbachonline.com/local-sp...tes-lose-in-ot
    thanks

Schmidt-Svestrup was tied for team lead in playoff scoring, and third in USHL playoff scoring with 4 goals and 7 assists. And Drobot had 3 goals and 3 assists as well in the playoffs. Both players did well contribution to their USHL championship team.

Here is a q and a with Thiessen...
    http://www.mjhlhockey.ca/q-a-with-pi...ender-thiessen

According to this article Schmidt-Svestrup was awarded team MVP for the season, which is quite and honor given how much talent Fargo has and that they won the USHL championship...
    https://www.inforum.com/sports/44494...ther-clark-cup

Former UMaine recruit Wahlstrom commits to BC...

https://twitter.com/JeffCoxSports/st...672613377?s=19

Former UMaine recruit Wahlstrom commits to BC...

https://twitter.com/JeffCoxSports/st...672613377?s=19
    He'll be there for one season and "maybe" two....

He'll be there for one season and "maybe" two....
    Or maybe never. That is my guess.

Or maybe never. That is my guess.
    AND that could happen also as BC has had a few in the last few years say one thing and bolt to Major Junior Hockey...........if he does it would not surprise me either. His track record says it all. A talent either way.

Thread Information