Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2017 off-season thread

Originally posted by Bill View Post
    NMU is supposed to announce who has been selected as their new coach tomorrow morning.
    Grant Potulny is a solid pick. Probably not a long term guy, but you'd think he has the connections to get the right people to turn it around there.

Comment

• Originally posted by LakerBaker View Post
      According to veteran sports writer and broadcaster Randy Russon, James Roll and Luke Morgan will not be returning to the Good Ship Laker next season for various reasons and "issues at Lake State" as heard on tonite's Hockey North Show on ESPN Radio Station 1400.

They join the sophomore sensation Owen Headrick, along with Kristophers Bindulus as players not returning next season.
      Methinks Randy Russon was exactly right, man.

Comment

Ashton Calder has signed his NLI so Damon can now start talking about him by name once the Laker Hockey Show and Laker Hockey Talk show resume.

Comment

Originally posted by LakerBaker View Post
          Methinks Randy Russon was exactly right, man.
          Wait...are you responding to your own quotes?
          Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Comment

I think Northern made a good pick for coach .

Comment

Originally posted by jsmithe View Post
              Wait...are you responding to your own quotes?
              No, because that isn't Randy Russon.

Comment

Originally posted by CKrouth View Post
                No, because that isn't Randy Russon.
                I know that. He or she placed one of his or her own quotes on a post and then replied to it, as if it were some kind of self-fulfilling prophecy.
                Go Lakers!

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                  I think Northern made a good pick for coach .
                  Same here. It's not a pick I think anybody saw coming, but it's good to look out of the box. I, like so many, figured it would be Shyiak.
                  Go Lakers!

Comment

• Originally posted by jsmithe View Post
                    Same here. It's not a pick I think anybody saw coming, but it's good to look out of the box. I, like so many, figured it would be Shyiak.
                    The search committee did a good job keeping the names under wraps. In meeting the new NMU coach and communicating with contacts from all around hockey, I think this is a very strong hire for NMU.
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                      The search committee did a good job keeping the names under wraps. In meeting the new NMU coach and communicating with contacts from all around hockey, I think this is a very strong hire for NMU.
                      If he head coaches the way he played, NMU going for home ice this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by jsmithe View Post
                        I know that. He or she placed one of his or her own quotes on a post and then replied to it, as if it were some kind of self-fulfilling prophecy.
                        Yet no one addresses the accurate prediction that Randy made and choose to "ignore" it, because it doesn't fit their narrative of this coach, and points out the reality of players leaving or not coming back, and program that remains stuck in neutral, if not regressing, under Whitten.

Comment

We saw a huge turn a round in the offense of lake State but seems Laker Baker does not want to admit to that. Good job with the offense this pass season and we all expect the defense to step up this season .

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                            We saw a huge turn a round in the offense of lake State but seems Laker Baker does not want to admit to that. Good job with the offense this pass season and we all expect the defense to step up this season .
                            I think it's going to be a couple of seasons before we see a significant increase in skating speed/ability at D. We've lost a couple (Headrick, Bindulis) of the best D skaters early that Damon brought in in his first couple of recruiting classes. We have 3 new D coming in next season. Anderson has pretty good offensive potential and from what I've heard a hard, heavy shot from the blue line, but maybe not a great skater. I'm guessing Kalble probably is a pretty good skater but am not sure. I'm not sure about Riedell although he seems to have some offensive potential. It will be interesting to see next season how the 3 incoming D-men compare to the guys we've lost, especially from a skating standpoint. From what I've heard, the 3 D projected to come in 2 seasons from now (Kyte, Mannara and Pilawski) all are excellent skaters and will really fit into Damon's preferred style of up-tempo hockey. I think the coaches have solidified the goalie position going into next season. I also expect defensive play to be better, both from the D position and from the forwards. The coaches may have to make some structural changes to how the Lakers play next season to better support their defensive effort.

Comment

• Originally posted by LakerBaker View Post
                              Yet no one addresses the accurate prediction that Randy made and choose to "ignore" it, because it doesn't fit their narrative of this coach, and points out the reality of players leaving or not coming back, and program that remains stuck in neutral, if not regressing, under Whitten.
                              Players leave Denver, Minnesota, UMD JUST had a couple leave. Michigan has had a lot leave and NMU has lost players to pro contracts.
                              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by LakerBaker View Post
                                JFC, was there a sale on commas at the punctuation store?

Comment

Working...
                                X