LSSU Lakers 2017 off-season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2017 off-season thread

He has signed a NLI with the Lakers so I think he wouldn't be able to play college hockey next season unless the Lakers released him. Not so sure I would release him if it were up to me. He has to grow up and realise there are consequences to his decisions.
    BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
      He has signed a NLI with the Lakers so I think he wouldn't be able to play college hockey next season unless the Lakers released him. Not so sure I would release him if it were up to me. He has to grow up and realise there are consequences to his decisions.
      If he signed an NLI, what the hell is Borek, Mayotte, or McNiff doing talking to the kid?!

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Geof not really sure what all took place.
        BLEED BLUE

Comment

I agree with thepuck57 he must not have a very stable advisor.
          BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
            Geof not really sure what all took place.
            Okay, per Heisnberg's sheets, anyone whose name is in bold has signed an NCAA Letter of Intent (what most call an NLI, but what he calls an LoI). He has Barnaby, Kyte, Mannara, Nieto, Blueger, and Gamelin as having signed NLIs, which I'll note is a subset of what CollegeCommitments.com has for the 17-18 class of Lakers. Hults is still listed under PC's listing, but Heisenberg hasn't listed him as having signed an NLI.

It's hard to know who has and hasn't. NCAA Clearinghouse information isn't widely public, and college hockey schools rarely talk about individual NLI signings. That's generally left up to the player. Heisenberg has amazing sources and works the info chain very hard, so I'll take his information as authoritative but not canonical.

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

I believe he signed an NLI. They talked about him a couple of times on Laker Hockey shows this season and they wouldn't have been able to mention him by name unless he had signed an NLI. I checked the Lakers website but it looks like hockey press releases older than last Summer are no longer there. The Fall press release on hockey NLIs from the November signing period is still there, but I think Cole Hults signed his NLI quite some time before then.

Comment

I think Cole signed it the fall of 15 I remember asking Rich about it at the radio show.

Geof, the Heisenberg site although I like it and keep tabs on it has not been 100% accurate over the years with the Lakers.
                BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                  I believe he signed an NLI. They talked about him a couple of times on Laker Hockey shows this season and they wouldn't have been able to mention him by name unless he had signed an NLI. I checked the Lakers website but it looks like hockey press releases older than last Summer are no longer there. The Fall press release on hockey NLIs from the November signing period is still there, but I think Cole Hults signed his NLI quite some time before then.
                  If you change the year in the address bar, you can go through releases from previous years. I went hunting through the older ones, but I couldn't find any regarding NLI's from 15-16.
                  Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Comment

I took a loot at an old cached page here, but I'm not seeing anything concerning any NLIs for the fall 2015 signing.

Some of the articles I've seen are dated as far back as April 2015, saying both of the Hults had committed to Lake State already, but I didn't see any news on it from the fall signing, and I can't get a working page for the April signings, or early in 2015 (as the site cached a page from early December 2014), so if they made a later announcement in January, it wasn't cached.

But I do find it odd that Bill, Rich & Damon have all talked about Cole on the show. Weird.

Edit: Looks like there is a drop down menu on the right side of the screen, at least on desktop, which lets you change the year.
                    LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Now that I think back on it, the press releases on our NLIs hasn't been as good as it should be the past couple of years. I expect 2 per year, one after the Spring signing period and one after the November signing period. It looks like we have a gap from the end of April 2015 NLI press release to the late November 2016 one. It seems likely there were some NLIs during that gap.

One other huge disappointment I have with the SID office over the past couple of years is the failure to produce the annual Hockey Media Guide (and Basketball Media Guides for that matter).
                      Last edited by Bill; 03-21-2017, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Tom Anastos resigned as MSU coach:

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/big-...michigan-state

Comment

One other huge disappointment I have with the SID office over the past couple of years is the failure to produce the annual Hockey Media Guide (and Basketball Media Guides for that matter).
                          I'm sure it's a cost thing more than anything.
                          LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Deman View Post
                            I'm sure it's a cost thing more than anything.
                            Or maybe the change in SID.

Comment

Or maybe the change in SID.
                              Or that.
                              LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Comment

Good luck to Eddie Bishop I think he did a good job with Lake State.
                                BLEED BLUE

Comment

Working...
                                X