Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: LSSU Lakers 2017 off-season thread

Veteran

Re: LSSU Lakers 2017 off-season thread

Quote Originally Posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
    I noticed all the home games (expect for Oct 1 which is still TBA) start at 7:07pm. Looks like they got rid of the Friday 7:37pm starts.

Also single game tickets are going up 50 cents which isn't too big of a deal.

Any whispers on who the new assistant coach will be?
    I think Damon has made his decision on who he wants as the new assistant coach, and the new guy may very well have accepted the offer by now. Not sure how quick we'll get an official announcement.

Coach Emeritus
    Enjoying the arrival of the Broadmoor Trophy in 2017

So who will write the release when the new coach is announced? Do the Lakers have a new SID yet?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    So who will write the release when the new coach is announced? Do the Lakers have a new SID yet?
    Not yet. Someone else is writing press releases in the interim. We don't even have a new AD yet.

Blistering Drive

Quote Originally Posted by eye4talent View Post
    The NMU information is incorrect. He's going on a visit there at some point. I do know he's backed off his verbal to LSSU, but i'm sure they're still actively recruiting him.
    It now appears that Crespi has committed to Michigan Tech according to his Twitter.

https://twitter.com/jakecrespi24?lang=en
    "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

óBrett Hull

Maybe Damon better stay away from Brighton.

stuck below the bridge

Quote Originally Posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
    Maybe Damon better stay away from Brighton.
    His father-in-law coaches Brighton... This is gonna be awkward..

Mike York named new assistant coach: http://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-h...ke_joins_staff
    Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Quote Originally Posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
    His father-in-law coaches Brighton... This is gonna be awkward..

As far as recruiting. I'm sorry you couldn't connect the dots. Thanks for the clarification though because I thought it was his stepfather.

Looks like you guys are just collecting Spartans from my childhood now. I'll have take you on as my no. 2 team.

stuck below the bridge

Quote Originally Posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
    As far as recruiting. I'm sorry you couldn't connect the dots. Thanks for the clarification though because I thought it was his stepfather.
    oh I don't know, I connected those dots when the kid committed rather early for a Michigan HS kid.

I've heard stepfather from a few other people too. You ask Damon next time you see him. And I'll ask Paul the next time I see him and we'll get all the familiar relationships straightened out LOL

I must have missed something. Why was Mike York hired ?

Quote Originally Posted by sm2pk View Post
    I must have missed something. Why was Mike York hired ?
    Doug Halowa's contract wasn't renewed.
    LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Veteran

We just lost a futures D-man to Major Junior hockey. Patrick Kyte signed with Halifax of the QMJHL. I think he was projected to come to the Lakers for the 2018-19 season.

http://halifaxmooseheads.ca/article/...efenceman-kyte

They ignore ridicule & fight; I win

Is there any word about receiving special permission for four exhibition matches? One of each (total of two) would count against the 34, which brings it to 36 games total, given there's only one trip to Alaska this year.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Is there any word about receiving special permission for four exhibition matches? One of each (total of two) would count against the 34, which brings it to 36 games total, given there's only one trip to Alaska this year.
    What are LSSU's exhibition games?

2016 Hockey East Overlords

The schedule has a two game exhibition set with Laurentian week 1 then a two game set with the NTDP during Thanksgiving. Only one game from each series can be exempted. The two games that would count, plus 36 regular season games, minus the two game Alaska exemption is still 36.

I checked out of curiousity and Laurentian has both games on their schedule as well, so it isn't just a matter of someome making an assumption they shouldn't have when posting the schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevengeance View Post
    The schedule has a two game exhibition set with Laurentian week 1 then a two game set with the NTDP during Thanksgiving. Only one game from each series can be exempted. The two games that would count, plus 36 regular season games, minus the two game Alaska exemption is still 36.

I checked out of curiousity and Laurentian has both games on their schedule as well, so it isn't just a matter of someome making an assumption they shouldn't have when posting the schedule.
    You're only allowed two exhibitions against non-NCAA D-1 teams. They don't count against your game count.

They ignore ridicule & fight; I win

Quote Originally Posted by davyd83 View Post
    You're only allowed two exhibitions against non-NCAA D-1 teams. They don't count against your game count.
    More specifically, you're only allowed one exhibition against a foreign team (usually a Canadian college, sometimes the Russian Red Stars), one against the US Olympic team (not likely since they started sending pros), and one against any other USA Hockey national team.

It's not outside of the realm to get special permission for a two-game series to be exempt, as that's something Alabama Huntsville gained when they were independent and playing a lot of club teams; I assume the justification was the travel, though; something that isn't exactly that tough between Detroit/Sudbury and Sault Ste. Marie.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    It's not outside of the realm to get special permission for a two-game series to be exempt, as that's something Alabama Huntsville gained when they were independent and playing a lot of club teams; I assume the justification was the travel, though; something that isn't exactly that tough between Detroit/Sudbury and Sault Ste. Marie.
    We've gotten those from time to time over the years for the same travel justification. The practice largely ended with Doug Ross, though.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by gfmorris View Post
    We've gotten those from time to time over the years for the same travel justification. The practice largely ended with Doug Ross, though.

GFM
    Yeah. I think there is some type of exemption where you can play more than the normal number of exhibition games once every so many years, You can't do it every year. Back in the 2010-11 season, the Lakers opened the season with an exhibition game against a Canadian university team, then played a series of 5 more exhibition games (all on the road) against Canadian universities over the Christmas holidays.

Thread Information