Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2017 off-season thread

Originally posted by Bill View Post
    Makes me wonder if Damon would leave to take an assistant coach job there if MSU's next head coach offers it to him?
    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

• Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
      Makes me wonder if Damon would leave to take an assistant coach job there if MSU's next head coach offers it to him?
      With his track record and resume, methinks he is the obvious choice.

Best of luck to Kristin Dunbar. Over 10 years as Athletic Director for the Good Ship Laker, she left her mark with a clean reputation, was a class act all the way, and simply put, is a good person.
      Last edited by LakerBaker; 03-22-2017, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LakerBaker View Post
        Best of luck to Kristin Dunbar. Over 10 years as Athletic Director for the Good Ship Laker, she left her mark with a clean reputation, was a class act all the way, and simply put, is a good person.
        Methinks someone needs to provide a link, since I can't find any sort of release saying she was let go.

That being said, this may have been the only sincere post I've seen you make. Kudos
        LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Deman View Post
          Methinks someone needs to provide a link, since I can't find any sort of release saying she was let go.

That being said, this may have been the only sincere post I've seen you make. Kudos

She wasn't let go. Moving on to become commissioner of the GLIAC.
          "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill View Post
            Now that I think back on it, the press releases on our NLIs hasn't been as good as it should be the past couple of years. I expect 2 per year, one after the Spring signing period and one after the November signing period. It looks like we have a gap from the end of April 2015 NLI press release to the late November 2016 one. It seems likely there were some NLIs during that gap.

One other huge disappointment I have with the SID office over the past couple of years is the failure to produce the annual Hockey Media Guide (and Basketball Media Guides for that matter).
            It's quite likely that it was not the SID's choice, rather a budgetary move. Fewer and fewer schools are putting out hard copies of media guides. But all the info is available online. I don't believe I saw any hard copies anywhere this year.
            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I think Whitten has a plan what he wanted to do as head coach at Lake State and would not leave to be an assistant somewhere else. If offered head coaching job with MI State ....yea

Comment

Heard from Damon personally yesterday. He's not interested in MSU right now in any capacity, focused on LSSU.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                  It's quite likely that it was not the SID's choice, rather a budgetary move. Fewer and fewer schools are putting out hard copies of media guides. But all the info is available online. I don't believe I saw any hard copies anywhere this year.
                  Up until we changed SIDs a couple of seasons ago, the annual hockey and basketball media guides were available online. I don't remember for sure when the last hard copy media guides were produced but it wasn't more than a few years ago. The online media guides were still available during the 2014-15 season. A lot more information was included in the media guides than is generally available online independent of the media guides. To me, we're losing part of our sports history for both hockey and basketball. I'm not sure if we were doing media guides for other sports as well, but I know we were doing them for hockey and b-ball up until the last 2 seasons. It's not just the loss of hard copy media guides, it's also the loss of online media guides. The online media guides were available as pdf files.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                    Heard from Damon personally yesterday. He's not interested in MSU right now in any capacity, focused on LSSU.
                    Thanks. Appreciate that info.

Comment

I want to believe, but who would come out and say they were interested if they already had a gig? I know I wouldn't come out and say that I was applying or interviewing for other jobs to anyone I work with, if I were to do that.

That being said, I'm hopeful that he doesn't leave for MSU, in whatever capacity.
                      LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by LakerBaker
                        Sounds like fake news to me, man.
                        Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
                        LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Comment

Originally posted by LakerBaker
                          Tell you what, the next time you get a text from him, you can refute it. And that's the last of my sharing of any information, blame LakerBaker for that.

Comment

Tell you what, the next time you get a text from him, you can refute it. And that's the last of my sharing of any information, blame LakerBaker for that.
                            Weird how the post was deleted, huh?
                            LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deman View Post
                              I want to believe, but who would come out and say they were interested if they already had a gig? I know I wouldn't come out and say that I was applying or interviewing for other jobs to anyone I work with.

Comment

Do yourself a favor and block LakerBaker, like most of us have done.

Comment

Working...
                                X