Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2017 off-season thread

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
    If Mel Pearson gets the MI job, I wonder if Tech is going to try and get Whitten back .
    i think the question you should be asking... is Damon interested in coming back to Tech? I think we all know the answer to that one.
    "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Not sure if Whitten is the guy they are going after. I think they have a great coach in Joe Shawhon that should get the first crack at that job .

Comment

• Originally posted by eye4talent View Post
        i think the question you should be asking... is Damon interested in coming back to Tech? I think we all know the answer to that one.

In an Ann arbor minute.
        BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
          Not sure if Whitten is the guy they are going after. I think they have a great coach in Joe Shawhon that should get the first crack at that job .
          I don't see why LakerBaker would not be Tech's first choice with his ability to spot smooth skating defensemen.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
            I don't see why LakerBaker would not be Tech's first choice with his ability to spot smooth skating defensemen.
            Methinks you're on to something, man. If there's anybody on here who is a part of the hiring committee for the Good...ummm...Dogsled Tech, do yourself a favour and ensure that name makes it through the vetting process.
            Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Comment

It looks like the Lakers will be playing at Denver October 20-21.
              LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

• Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                Methinks Laker Baker and Randy Russon for the new Tech coaching staff would be great....for Lake State and NMU!

Comment

Coaches meetings in Florida this week. Probably will see our full 2017-18 schedule fairly soon; I think Damon wanted to get with some other league coaches to discuss/finalize dates while there. Also some rumblings about Arizona State joining the WCHA for the 2018-19 season. If that happens, it wouldn't be a big surprise but would likely be a temporary move for them.

Comment

Mareks Mitens has been named MVP of the NAHL for this season:

http://nahl.com/news/story.cfm?id=21026

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                      It looks like the Lakers will be playing at Denver October 20-21.
                      I don't know the last time LSSU played DU, but it is good to see a new team on the schedule. Magness should have a good crowd as the National Championship banner should be hung that weekend.
                      GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                        I don't know the last time LSSU played DU, but it is good to see a new team on the schedule. Magness should have a good crowd as the National Championship banner should be hung that weekend.
                        I think it was 2010 at a tournament in Denver.

How difficult do you think it will be to get tickets that weekend? I was thinking of making the trip out there for the games.

Comment

Lots of travel for the Lakers in 2017-18. A trip to Denver, Pittsburgh for a tournament, Huntsville, Bemidji and Anchorage.
                          LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                            I think it was 2010 at a tournament in Denver.

How difficult do you think it will be to get tickets that weekend? I was thinking of making the trip out there for the games.
                            Finding tickets probably won't be too difficult. But affording them is another question, since I'm pretty sure they go for a pretty penny, even if it isn't banner hanging weekend. (Not as much as NoDak, but still).
                            LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                              Lots of travel for the Lakers in 2017-18. A trip to Denver, Pittsburgh for a tournament, Huntsville, Bemidji and Anchorage.
                              Depending on what weekend it falls, and what my schedule looks like, I may try to make the trip to Pittsburgh. It's a bit of a hike, but doable.
                              LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Deman View Post
                                Depending on what weekend it falls, and what my schedule looks like, I may try to make the trip to Pittsburgh. It's a bit of a hike, but doable.
                                Assuming this will be for the Three Rivers Classic, this past season it was December 29-30 (Thursday-Friday). Probably around the same time next season.

Comment

Working...
                                X