Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2017 off-season thread

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
    I'll bring the beer, but I draw the line at buying my own birthday cake. I never will forget LSSU coming to Huntsville on my birthday a few years ago. That was a lot of fun (even though UAH lost).

GFM
    If you and UAH were coming up here this season, I'd bake you a birthday cake, Geof.
    LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Deman View Post
      If you and UAH were coming up here this season, I'd bake you a birthday cake, Geof.
      Awww, thanks!

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Here's hoping Damon will make Laker Hockey great again this coming season. It will be his first year with all his players and not Jim Roque's.
        LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

I understand there will be a Laker Hockey Talk show this Thursday morning on WKNW. It will also be podcast, which is probably how I will have to catch it when available.

Comment

Watch for the preseason Coaches/Media polls to break up the WCHA somewhat like this: (alphabetical order in each group)

Upper Class:
            Bemidji St, Bowling Green, Michigan Tech, Minnesota St

Middle Class: Alaska, Ferris St, Northern Michigan

Fighting for a Playoff Spot:
            Alabama-Huntsville, Alaska-Anchorage, Lake Superior St

Comment

Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
              Watch for the preseason Coaches/Media polls to break up the WCHA somewhat like this: (alphabetical order in each group)

Upper Class:
              Bemidji St, Bowling Green, Michigan Tech, Minnesota St

Middle Class: Alaska, Ferris St, Northern Michigan

Fighting for a Playoff Spot:
              Alabama-Huntsville, Alaska-Anchorage, Lake Superior St
              Eh, that seems pretty normal to me, ha.

Do we know when the polls are supposed to come out?
              LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Deman View Post
                Eh, that seems pretty normal to me, ha.

Do we know when the polls are supposed to come out?
                They were released Sept 20 last year. Shane Frederick of the Mankato Free Press administered the Coaches Poll and Jack Hittinger of the Bemidji Pioneer handled the Media Poll. Hittinger has since left Bemidji for a job in the Cities. Not sure who will take over his duties with the polling.
                Last edited by davyd83; 08-14-2017, 02:57 PM.
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

A warm welcome back to college hockey for LSSU's new SID, Joe Gorby. Joe worked at both Michigan Tech and Ferris State and will be a familiar face to most in the media. A quality guy.

http://lssulakers.com/information/di...staffdirectory

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                    A warm welcome back to college hockey for LSSU's new SID, Joe Gorby. Joe worked at both Michigan Tech and Ferris State and will be a familiar face to most in the media. A quality guy.

Thanks for your input JJM. I had heard we had a new SID but hadn't seen a name yet. Looks like they just updated the staff directory. Some new names on there that weren't there the last time I checked. Hopefully we'll have a new AD soon also. I think there have been at least 3 interviews so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post

Nice move LSSU. Joe is first class all the way.
                      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

We have a new recruit, forward Spencer DenBeste:

http://www.jrblues.com/denbeste-comm...2016-17-roster

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                          I understand there will be a Laker Hockey Talk show this Thursday morning on WKNW. It will also be podcast, which is probably how I will have to catch it when available.
                          Did anyone catch the Laker Hockey Tallk this morning? Anything worth noting?

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                            Did anyone catch the Laker Hockey Tallk this morning? Anything worth noting?
                            I didn't catch the actual broadcast but just listened to the podcast (which is up already). Mostly talked about summer youth camps, change in personnel at the school (mostly athletic), and about incoming players at each position.

One of the incoming recruits, Yuki Miura, won't be able to play this season but will be able to practice with the team. He will still have 4 years of eligibility left if he wants to use them all. He had Clearing House issues. Sounded like he's a good student, but left Japan after 9th grade, went and played Junior hockey in the Czech Republic for a few years, then finished up in the USHL last season. My impression is that the paperwork from overseas for the Clearing House was either too slow coming through or not complete enough.

Here's a link to the podcast:

http://lakers.sovcomm.net/Laker%20Ho...2008-17-17.mp3

Comment

I just finished listening to the Podcast. There will be a blue/gold game on September 30 at 3:07pm. Also it sounds the new AD will be announced within the next few weeks.

Comment

Here's the 17-18 roster, although all the info isn't complete, still fun to look ahead:

http://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-h...2017-18/roster

Comment

Working...
                                X