LSSU Lakers 2017 off-season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2017 off-season thread

I checked out the schedule on and the Friday, November 24 game against the USNTDP U-18 is no longer on there. I'm guessing the Friday game got dropped or they are in the process of moving the Friday game to a Sunday.
    http://lssulakers.com/sports/m-hockey/2017-18/schedule
    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

• Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
      I checked out the schedule on and the Friday, November 24 game against the USNTDP U-18 is no longer on there. I'm guessing the Friday game got dropped or they are in the process of moving the Friday game to a Sunday.
      The Lakers had 4 exhibition games on the posted schedule. You're only allowed to play 2. My guess would be that they firmed up the date with the US team. I would expect one of those Laurentian games to drop off as well as you are only allowed one game vs a Canadian team.
      Last edited by davyd83; 07-26-2017, 12:19 AM.
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
        The Lakers had 4 exhibition games on the posted schedule. You're only allowed to play 2. My guess would be that they firmed up the date with the US team. I would expect one of those Laurentian games to drop off as well.
        If games do get dropped, the season ticket prices would have to be adjusted (lowered) to reflect the one or two less games.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
          Yeah, probably just the Saturday only.

One of the Canadian games is a TBD; I assume that one's also going? Obviously will wait for confirmation.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            Yeah, probably just the Saturday only.

One of the Canadian games is a TBD; I assume that one's also going? Obviously will wait for confirmation.
            Laurentian schedule is out and it lists both games. My guess is the NCAA allowed LSSU to have the extra Laurentian game but said no to the extra US-Under 18 game.

Comment

• Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
              Laurentian schedule is out and it lists both games. My guess is the NCAA allowed LSSU to have the extra Laurentian game but said no to the extra US-Under 18 game.
              LSSU gets a lot of NCCA love lately. Bringing in a Major Junior player and now an extra game.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                I do wonder under what grounds they would allow that... part of me still thinks they won't, hence why Sunday's is still listed as TBD.

Comment

I do wonder under what grounds they would allow that... part of me still thinks they won't, hence why Sunday's is still listed as TBD.
                  They won't allow it. 2 games will be taken off the schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by CKrouth View Post
                    They won't allow it. 2 games will be taken off the schedule.
                    I didn't think so. One of the USA games is already off. One Laurentian game to go. You may have both one international exhibition and one exhibition against a team sanctioned by USA Hockey in the same year.

Comment

I didn't think so. One of the USA games is already off. One Laurentian game to go. You may have both one international exhibition and one exhibition against a team sanctioned by USA Hockey in the same year.
                      The Sept. 30 Laurentian game and Nov. 24 USA Hockey game have been removed from the schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by CKrouth View Post
                        The Sept. 30 Laurentian game and Nov. 24 USA Hockey game have been removed from the schedule.
                        I wonder if they will schedule a blue/gold game on September 30 to make up for the Laurentian game?

Comment

Interview (from the Mining Journal) with WCHA Commissioner Bill Robertson:

http://www.miningjournal.net/sports/...k-at-the-wcha/

Comment

Getting closer.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                              Getting closer.
                              Can't wait for October 1 to get here!

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                                Can't wait for October 1 to get here!
                                I'll bring the beer, but I draw the line at buying my own birthday cake. I never will forget LSSU coming to Huntsville on my birthday a few years ago. That was a lot of fun (even though UAH lost).

GFM
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X