Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2017 off-season thread

Originally posted by Bill View Post
    Kind of a disappointing schedule. Although overall there are 19 home games, 19 away games, and 2 neutral site (Three Rivers Classic) games, 4 of the home games are exhibition games. The only home Div 1 non-conference game is a single game with Northern. And not having any home games in February pretty much sucks.
    At least we should have Michigan coming to Abel Arena in 2018-19. I remember Damon saying on a Laker Hockey Show this past season he wanted to move switch one of the February series (probably Bemidji) around. Unfortunately he didn't have any luck.
    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Also I wonder why the school didn't have a press release regarding the schedule? All the other nine WCHA teams did.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
        Also I wonder why the school didn't have a press release regarding the schedule? All the other nine WCHA teams did.
        Maybe there will be one in the next day or so. Also, I think I remember hearing late in the season that SID Eddie Bishop was moving on. Does anyone else remember hearing that? If that's correct, maybe he's no longer there now that school is out and they are a little slow in getting press releases out. (But then we didn't have hockey and basketball media guides the past 2 seasons even when he was there.)

Comment

I remember hearing that Eddie Bishop was moving on also.

Crappy schedule we have this year.
          BLEED BLUE

Comment

Maybe there will be one in the next day or so. Also, I think I remember hearing late in the season that SID Eddie Bishop was moving on. Does anyone else remember hearing that? If that's correct, maybe he's no longer there now that school is out and they are a little slow in getting press releases out. (But then we didn't have hockey and basketball media guides the past 2 seasons even when he was there.)
            Eddie has been gone since pretty early in the offseason. Linda Bouvet has taken over until they can hire in a new full time SID.
            LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by LakerBaker View Post
              A big congrats to former LSSU standout defenceman and Garden River First Nation product Owen Headrick, who had an assist for Erie in their clinching victory over Owen Sound, winning the Western Conference title in the Ontario Hockey League. The smooth-skating 1997 birth-year defender totaled three assists in Erie’s last two wins over Owen Sound. Erie will face the Eastern Conference champion Mississauga Steelheads for the OHL crown.
              I see nothing there to brag about .

Comment

it's not hockey related, but Dr. Lou Lukenda has passed away. He was a big advocate for the school, so I figured it should be noted.
                LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Deman View Post
                  it's not hockey related, but Dr. Lou Lukenda has passed away. He was a big advocate for the school, so I figured it should be noted.
                  Yes he was. Thanks for the post.

Comment

Some very sad news to report. LSSU President Tom Pleger has passed away
                    http://www.lssulakers.com/general/20...s/Pleger_death

Comment

Sorry to hear that and it will be a very tough time on the family. Remember them in your prayers .

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                        Some very sad news to report. LSSU President Tom Pleger has passed away
                        http://www.lssulakers.com/general/20...s/Pleger_death
                        Wow! Terrible news. My condolences to the Pleger family.

Comment

Very sorry for the Pleger family.
                          BLEED BLUE

Comment

Looks like the Lakers have received a whole slew of NLIs this Spring signing period. Here they are: D-men William Riedell, Tyler Anderson, Lukas Kalble, Steven Ruggiero and Chase Pilawski; goalies Roman Bangert, Mareks Mitens and Jack Robbel; forward(s) Ashton Calder and maybe Niko Esposito-Selivanov. I'm unsure if we got one from Niko and am trying to verify either way.

Ruggiero is a bit of a surprise. Looks like he played for Providence for one full season and part of another season, then went back to play in the USHL for Youngstown to finish out this past season. He saw limited playing time at Providence. Sounds like a guy looking for a fresh start. I assume he's coming in this season.

Robbel, Pilawski, Esposito-Selivanov and Calder (probably) are future Lakers (beyond next season).

Edit: I think we are going to get an NLI from Niko.
                            Last edited by Bill; 05-09-2017, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Looks like the Lakers have received a whole slew of NLIs this Spring signing period. Here they are: D-men William Riedell, Tyler Anderson, Lukas Kalble, Steven Ruggiero and Chase Pilawski; goalies Roman Bangert, Mareks Mitens and Jack Robbel; forward(s) Ashton Calder and maybe Niko Esposito-Selivanov. I'm unsure if we got one from Niko and am trying to verify either way.

Ruggiero is a bit of a surprise. Looks like he played for Providence for one full season and part of another season, then went back to play in the USHL for Youngstown to finish out this past season. He saw limited playing time at Providence. Sounds like a guy looking for a fresh start. I assume he's coming in this season.

Robbel, Pilawski, Esposito-Selivanov and Calder (probably) are future Lakers (beyond next season).

Edit: I think we are going to get an NLI from Niko.
                              It does look like we have some good kids coming this next year.

http://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-h...17_HK_recruits
                              Go Lakers!

Comment

Seems like a very strong group of players that are heading to Lake State .

Comment

Working...
                                X