LSSU Lakers 2017 off-season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2017 off-season thread

If there wasn't an automatic NCAA spot for the WCHA, methinks that league wouldn't have earned a single bid. Shows how far the Good Ship Laker has veered towards the lower levels of college hockey and why there are many questions of the direction of the program under Damon Whitten, and rumours continuing to swirl around the Michigan Soo, man.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
      Yeah, I don't think Mel is going anywhere. With him being close to 60 years old at this point, I see him staying with tech for another 5-10 years and retiring after that.

If the money is good, Mel will sprint out of MI Tech like a runner going after the gold .

Comment

I think he's staying right where he's at.
        BLEED BLUE

Comment

• Originally posted by LakerBaker View Post
          If there wasn't an automatic NCAA spot for the WCHA, methinks that league wouldn't have earned a single bid. Shows how far the Good Ship Laker has veered towards the lower levels of college hockey and why there are many questions of the direction of the program under Damon Whitten, and rumours continuing to swirl around the Michigan Soo, man.
          Methinks if he had any evidence that some indiduals were presenting such inforamrtion, would have a quote. Me equatees him to the Kellyanne Conway or Sean Spicer of reporters. Maybe he's got their microwaves doing on them!
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Methinks that if it wasn't for the ignore button, I'd have to keep reading more raw sewage from LakerBaker. Shows how the Good Ship Laker has somehow allowed this wharf rat to avoid the scuppers and climb aboard to try and sabotage anything that moves.

Ring that in your dingy, you instigator. Your shtick has run its course.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
              Methinks that if it wasn't for the ignore button, I'd have to keep reading more raw sewage from LakerBaker. Shows how the Good Ship Laker has somehow allowed this wharf rat to avoid the scuppers and climb aboard to try and sabotage anything that moves.

Ring that in your dingy, you instigator. Your shtick has run its course.
              The Ignore button was made for trolls like LakerBaker. Perhaps if enough fans took advantage of the Report Post feature (triangle at bottom left of a post), the board admin might do the logical thing and ban LakerBaker from the forum.

Comment

I would like to see the coaches bring in players that are committed to the program.
                BLEED BLUE

Comment

Hults signs with Anaheim Ducks

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                    https://www.nhl.com/ducks/news/ducks...ct/c-287900330

Comment

Mark Divver‏ @MarkDivver
                      Two weeks after verbally committing to @FriarsHockey, Madison Caps D-man Cole Hults has decommitted. Previously committed to Lake Superior
                      QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                      2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                      2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                      2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                      https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
                      https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                      https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                        Mark Divver‏ @MarkDivver
                        Two weeks after verbally committing to @FriarsHockey, Madison Caps D-man Cole Hults has decommitted. Previously committed to Lake Superior
                        Major junior? Reminds me of Michael McCarron situation a bit

Comment

Not a surprise at all. Good luck to Mitch!
                          LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                            Mark Divver‏ @MarkDivver
                            This guy seems real reliable.

Commits to Lake State...decommits.
                            Commits to Providence....decommits.
                            LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Must not have a good person representing him. If I was a D1 school recuiting him, I would have second thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by thepuck57 View Post
                                Must not have a good person representing him. If I was a D1 school recuiting him, I would have second thoughts.
                                Interesting in that Providence only has 6 D-men who aren't seniors, and one of those is Jake Walman, who's almost certainly going pro. They have 2 D likely coming in next year, but it seems like there'd be ice time for a recruit who had really caught their eye. Perhaps Providence asked him to stay in the USHL for another year, and that didn't appeal to him. In any case, yes, I wouldn't go planning my college D corp around the guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X