Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2017 off-season thread

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
    I noticed all the home games (expect for Oct 1 which is still TBA) start at 7:07pm. Looks like they got rid of the Friday 7:37pm starts.

Also single game tickets are going up 50 cents which isn't too big of a deal.

Any whispers on who the new assistant coach will be?
    I think Damon has made his decision on who he wants as the new assistant coach, and the new guy may very well have accepted the offer by now. Not sure how quick we'll get an official announcement.

Comment

So who will write the release when the new coach is announced? Do the Lakers have a new SID yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
        So who will write the release when the new coach is announced? Do the Lakers have a new SID yet?
        Not yet. Someone else is writing press releases in the interim. We don't even have a new AD yet.

Comment

Originally posted by eye4talent View Post
          The NMU information is incorrect. He's going on a visit there at some point. I do know he's backed off his verbal to LSSU, but i'm sure they're still actively recruiting him.
          It now appears that Crespi has committed to Michigan Tech according to his Twitter.

https://twitter.com/jakecrespi24?lang=en
          "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Maybe Damon better stay away from Brighton.
            BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
              Maybe Damon better stay away from Brighton.
              His father-in-law coaches Brighton... This is gonna be awkward..

Comment

Mike York named new assistant coach: http://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-h...ke_joins_staff
                Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Comment

• Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
                  His father-in-law coaches Brighton... This is gonna be awkward..

As far as recruiting. I'm sorry you couldn't connect the dots. Thanks for the clarification though because I thought it was his stepfather.
                  BLEED BLUE

Comment

Looks like you guys are just collecting Spartans from my childhood now. I'll have take you on as my no. 2 team.

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                      As far as recruiting. I'm sorry you couldn't connect the dots. Thanks for the clarification though because I thought it was his stepfather.
                      oh I don't know, I connected those dots when the kid committed rather early for a Michigan HS kid.

I've heard stepfather from a few other people too. You ask Damon next time you see him. And I'll ask Paul the next time I see him and we'll get all the familiar relationships straightened out LOL

Comment

I must have missed something. Why was Mike York hired ?

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                          I must have missed something. Why was Mike York hired ?
                          Doug Halowa's contract wasn't renewed.
                          LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

We just lost a futures D-man to Major Junior hockey. Patrick Kyte signed with Halifax of the QMJHL. I think he was projected to come to the Lakers for the 2018-19 season.

http://halifaxmooseheads.ca/article/...efenceman-kyte

Comment

Is there any word about receiving special permission for four exhibition matches? One of each (total of two) would count against the 34, which brings it to 36 games total, given there's only one trip to Alaska this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                Is there any word about receiving special permission for four exhibition matches? One of each (total of two) would count against the 34, which brings it to 36 games total, given there's only one trip to Alaska this year.
                                What are LSSU's exhibition games?
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                                X