Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: D1 NCAA Tournament Selection

Originally posted by ARM View Post
    Not a very friendly schedule for those who'd like to watch as much quarterfinal action as possible.
    Three of the four have home series by their men's teams (Clarkson being the exception).

Comment

What we've got:
      RMU @ UW, 2pm CT
      SLU @ BC, 1pm ET
      UM @ UMD, 2:30 CT
      Cornell @ Clarkson, 3pm ET

What we could have had with one little tweak:
      RMU @ UW
      SLU @ BC
      Cornell @ UMD
      UM @ Clarkson

4 inter-conference match-ups. A real national tournament. Featuring a compelling Clarkson/Minnesota pairing. Instead: same old, same old.

Yes, I fully understand why things are the way they are. No, I'm not going to re-litigate any of the issues at this juncture. All I'm saying is that it's important to keep aspiring for the day when it's possible to have a first round with no intra-conference rematches. It would be a terrible shame to give up and accept the current mediocrity, simply because we've grown accustomed to it.
      Last edited by pgb-ohio; 03-05-2017, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
        What we've got:
        RMU @ UW, 2pm CT
        SLU @ BC, 1pm ET
        UM @ UMD, 2:30 CT
        Cornell @ Clarkson, 3pm ET

What we could have had with one little tweak:
        RMU @ UW
        SLU @ BC
        Cornell @ UMD
        UM @ Clarkson

4 inter-conference match-ups. A real national tournament. Featuring a compelling Clarkson/Minnesota pairing. Instead: same old, same old.

Yes, I fully understand why things are the way they are. No, I'm not going to re-litigate any of the issues at this juncture. All I'm saying is that it's important to keep aspiring for the day when it's possible to have a first round with no intra-conference rematches. It would be a terrible shame to give up and accept the current mediocrity, simply because we've grown accustomed to it.
        I hear you on this, but I mean, at the very least, we have perfect bracket integrity. IMO that should be the primary consideration.
        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
          They couldn't find an 'expert' who knows how to pronounce her name? Dezz Bee Enz ?!?
          I noticed that too. And previously there was a review of Saturday's highlights and Pah Tom Icks' goal, instead of Pot Uh Mack. Oh well, she was the best on the ice in her day. And she was still better than most that we've seen broadcasting the women's NCAA championship hockey games. I thought they did fine and I'm just glad FSN broadcast a few games this year.

By the way for the night owls, FSN is going to rebroadcast the game at 2 AM.
          Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-05-2017, 11:03 PM. Reason: 2nd addition
          "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
            I hear you on this, but I mean, at the very least, we have perfect bracket integrity. IMO that should be the primary consideration.
            If that was the primary consideration every year, I might feel OK about an intra-conference match-up in the odd year. It wouldn't be my first choice, but that's a system I could respect. But when travel costs come first, and bracket integrity is just an occasional accident? Not much consolation in that.

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
              I noticed that too. And previously there was a review of Saturday's highlights and Pah Tom Icks' goal, instead of Pot Uh Mack. Oh well, she was the best on the ice in her day. And she was still better than most that we've seen broadcasting the women's NCAA championship hockey games. I thought they did fine and I'm just glad FSN broadcast a few games this year.

By the way for the night owls, FSN is going to rebroadcast the game at 2 AM.
              I was referring to some woman on the NCAA selection show (the other one on that show also had Potomak and Cameranesi wrong). I actually didn't listen to the FSN commentary; the Badger radio call of the game was synced up well enough to the FSN video that I listened to that.

Comment

Congrats to the Final Eight Thread Posters! So now TTT, I'd be grateful if you would go the extra mile and let me know where the games might be seen........I'm sure they'll all be streamed, maybe ESPN3 will have an opening from freakin'B-Ball.......
                Last edited by zoofer; 03-06-2017, 04:48 AM. Reason: Misspoke

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
                  Congrats to the Final Eight Thread Posters! So now TTT, I'd be grateful if you would go the extra mile and let me know where the games might be seen........I'm sure they'll all be streamed, maybe ESPN3 will have an opening from freakin'B-Ball.......
                  They'll be streamed and should all be free! I'll work on that lol

Comment

They'll be streamed and should all be free! I'll work on that lol
                    Originally posted by zoofer View Post
                    As I recall NCAA quarterfinal games streams are produced by the home team's staff and are free. You generally find them by going to the participating teams websites.
                    (word was UMD's WCHA first round games weren't streamed at all-hopefully that won't be the case here!!)

Frozen Four streams have been produced by NCAA and streamed via NCAA.com

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                      If that was the primary consideration every year, I might feel OK about an intra-conference match-up in the odd year. It wouldn't be my first choice, but that's a system I could respect. But when travel costs come first, and bracket integrity is just an occasional accident? Not much consolation in that.
                      Agree 100%. As previously noted, especially with the relatively few number of non-conference games during the season, avoiding intra-conference games in the playoffs really should be a top priority, if we're talking perfect-world scenarios.

Comment

They couldn't find an 'expert' who knows how to pronounce her name? Dezz Bee Enz ?!?
                        I find it easy to remember how to pronounce Desbiens because I just think "Desbiens? More like TRES BIEN am I right?!

Comment

I find it easy to remember how to pronounce Desbiens because I just think "Desbiens? More like TRES BIEN am I right?!
                          You are.

But then if I recall, you're "the smartest man in the world", so ...

Comment

You are.

I'd ask him for help with an Excel problem...
                            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Just in the east; I'm sure there's some WCHA person who would beat the east in a smart person tournament too...

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post

Frozen Four streams have been produced by NCAA and streamed via NCAA.com
                                NCAA.com confirms they will be streaming the Frozen Four semi's this year, with championship game being shown on BTN.

Which does make me wonder if they will have any streaming option for the championship. Presumably it will be on BTN2Go, but that won't be of much help if you don't have a cable pkg that includes BTN.

Comment

Working...
                                X