D1 NCAA Tournament Selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D1 NCAA Tournament Selection

It's selection Sunday! (At least it is in an hour on the east coast)

Here are all the possible scenarios:

What do we know?

(1) Wisconsin will host Robert Morris
    (2) Duluth will host Minnesota
    (3) If BC wins they will host St. Lawrence.
    (4) If NU and Clarkson win, SLU hosts BC, Clarkson hosts NU, and Cornell is out.
    (5) If NU and Cornell win, SLU hosts Cornell, Clarkson hosts NU, and BC is out.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Re: D1 NCAA Tournament Selection

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post

What do we know?

(4) If NU and Clarkson win, SLU hosts BC, Clarkson hosts NU, and Cornell is out.
    I think you are wrong. If SLU falls to 5th in the rankings, Clarkson will be hosting SLU and BC will be hosting Cornell. Remember, how does the NC$$ save the most money, SLU does not have to pay for hotel rooms and a bus ride from Canton to Boston or Ithaca to Boston is a wash.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
      I think you are wrong. If SLU falls to 5th in the rankings, Clarkson will be hosting SLU and BC will be hosting Cornell. Remember, how does the NC$$ save the most money, SLU does not have to pay for hotel rooms and a bus ride from Canton to Boston or Ithaca to Boston is a wash.
      I hear you on this, but I don't think the committee is going to do that this year. I think the differences between the teams are too great for them to justify this.

I'm not saying it ISN'T GONNA HAPPEN, because last year caught everyone totally off guard, but it would really surprise me*.

*Having said that I would loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee it if this happened lol

Comment

Being that it looks like the only flight will be Robert Morris going to Wisconsin, I would agree with TTT that I don't think that Clarkson/St.L will be the matchup.

Then again, I'm hoping to be surprised by the NC$$ going back to how they did things back in 2009 when they just followed the seeding and flew Duluth out to New Hampshire, while sending both Dartmouth and BC out to Wisconsin and Minnesota.

Comment

More selection stuff:

Comment

RMU coming to Madison -- if I drive down in my RIT sweater, will it be obvious I'm rooting for the conference?

Comment

What do we know?

This means that UMD/UM and UW are on opposite sides of bracket for semi finals, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Schmitty View Post
                RMU coming to Madison -- if I drive down in my RIT sweater, will it be obvious I'm rooting for the conference?
                I'd be careful if I were you. Resistance may be futile and you could be assimilated into the Wisconsin Borg. Various Gold and Maroon colors may help ward off the WB, especially when it's just one game, but we'll know more about that later today. Probably not much data on effectiveness of orange and shades of brown. Good luck!
                "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by Numbers View Post
                  This means that UMD/UM and UW are on opposite sides of bracket for semi finals, correct?
                  It does indeed

Comment

*Having said that I would loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee it if this happened lol
                    I'm not sure -- Cornell seems to be playing as well or better than SLU right now.
                    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by Schmitty View Post
                      I'd guess 50% won't know what RIT stands for. Another 48% have heard of RIT, but won't have any idea that they are in the same conference as RMU. But you'll have plenty of respect from the remaining 2%!

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                        I'm not sure -- Cornell seems to be playing as well or better than SLU right now.
                        And possibly better than BC for that matter.

Comment

Yeah I'm starting to come around on this idea (especially if Cornell manages to win today)

Comment

I agree also. As a Clarkson fan Cornell has been Clarkson's achilles heel in the Post Season.

2010 - Cornell 4 Clarkson 3 OT ECAC Championship Lynah
                            2014 - Cornell 1 Clarkson 0 ECAC Championship Cheel
                            2015 - Cornell 3 Clarkson 1 ECAC Semi-Final Cheel

Only time they have beaten Cornell in the post season
                            2016 - Clarkson 2-0 and 5-2 ECAC Quarter-Finals
                            Throw in 2016 - Quinny 1 Clarkson 0 ECAC Championship at TD Bank

Clarkson - The Buffalo Bills or Minnesota Vikings of the ECAC Tournament
                            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Final bracketology -- shouldn't be any surprises (he says, after saying the same thing last year)...

http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston...march-5th-2017

Comment

Working...
                              X