X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season: We March 4th into the Future

Originally posted by realet View Post
    I had a big long reply laid out for johnk and RegalFan but the board ate it and I don't want to go back over it.

RegalFan suggested that only 20% of schools have alums at the helm, the actual number is close to twice that from this past season (although that could go down with Anastos and Kyle getting canned).

I'm curious as to his support for Riga over Barr - Riga doesn't have any head coaching experience that I've seen. With the Boston Jr. Bruins he was an assistant in charge of recruiting (in a pay to play league). His record with Union and Quinnipiac in recruiting is quite impressive. But the only major thing he has over Barr is the length of his career to date. If it's not Barr and Jooris isn't an option, I'd certainly love to go with Riga and it wouldn't be a consolation at all. He'd be a great get.

The number of Alumni HC this year was 20. The bio for Bill Riga states he was the HC of the Jr Bruins from 1996-2003 in addition to his duties with the EJHL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stay@homeDad View Post
      You must not have noticed it was the opposite knee this time.
      All I saw was him on crutches. Whichever knee it was, it ain't great news.
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
        All I saw was him on crutches. Whichever knee it was, it ain't great news.
        The 2 surgeries were expected. For all we know he’s right on schedule.
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

• Originally posted by turk181 View Post
          The 2 surgeries were expected. For all we know he’s right on schedule.
          Spin it all you want. He ain't gonna be in the squat rack next week...which every other kid in college hockey will be. Ralph asked for an update and told him what I saw.
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Spin it all you want. He ain't gonna be in the squat rack next week...which every other kid in college hockey will be. Ralph asked for an update and told him what I saw.
            Thank you.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Noresmen View Post
              The number of Alumni HC this year was 20. The bio for Bill Riga states he was the HC of the Jr Bruins from 1996-2003 in addition to his duties with the EJHL.
              20 out of 60 is a third, or 33% - so even if it was 20, it was still more than 20%. As it was, the number was actually 23, or 38.3%, also known as "close to twice (20%) from this past season."

And if even if Riga was a head coach and not an assistant in the EJHL, it was still 15 years ago.
              Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

I’m not trying to spin anything. The “update” would’ve sufficed at, “he was on crutches” but then you added, "it ain’t great news". All I’m saying is it may have been right on schedule as far as TB, Ottawa, RPI & the Doctors’ are concerned. I agree with you though that his offseason workout schedule isn’t where it would be if not for the surgery.
                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

• R.I.P. Roland Schmitt.

http://m.timesunion.com/business/article/Roland-Schmitt-leader-at-GE-RPI-dies-at-93-11042582.php

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                    I’m not trying to spin anything. The “update” would’ve sufficed at, “he was on crutches” but then you added, "it ain’t great news". All I’m saying is it may have been right on schedule as far as TB, Ottawa, RPI & the Doctors’ are concerned. I agree with you though that his offseason workout schedule isn’t where it would be if not for the surgery.
                    Optimistically, I expect him to play in the form. However, he will get injured when celebrating our victory in Lake Placid.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                      As far as fielding a competitive team in the ECAC, it ain't great news. I of course want Mr. Burgess to make a full and complete recovery. The focus of this ongoing conversation is RPI hockey. That is the prism through which my thoughts were derived. Many (most?) us were unaware of a 2nd surgery , which has now been matter-of-factly presented to us as known fact. Of course the truth is there hasn't been a single update on the kid since we learned of the injury.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Spectrum News (formerly TW Cable) just announced that RPI has finished interviewing the 4 finalists for the HC job. It was the same 4 names mentioned previously, so it looks like Barr, Riga, Gosek or Smith will be named the new coach sometime next week. Sorry, no Mark Jooris.

Comment

Today is 1 April 2017 (6 months). There are 183 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October 2017 for the start of next season.
                            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-02-2017, 12:30 AM. Reason: 6 months
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                              Spectrum News (formerly TW Cable) just announced that RPI has finished interviewing the 4 finalists for the HC job. It was the same 4 names mentioned previously, so it looks like Barr, Riga, Gosek or Smith will be named the new coach sometime next week. Sorry, no Mark Jooris.
                              It's good to see that things are progressing. Hopefully we choose wisely and the selection accepts.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by eye4talent View Post
                                I feel for all the RPI alums and fans. Take it from a Michigan Tech alum/fan, until the administration is serious about winning, it will be more of the same. You need wealthy alum to fund it like a D1 program. The MTU alumni stepped up and told the AD to go and get Mel Pearson.
                                I appreciate the kind words. Unfortunately, as much as we could find wealthy alumni to fund this, a number of them are disappointed with the administration themselves. My biggest worry is that we won't see a noticeable change until SAJ retires, which if she's anything like the spouse of her former employer, will be quite a long time.

Comment

Working...
                                X