This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season: We March 4th into the Future

i wonder if this article and opinions expressed will change anything at this point?seems like the tute screws up in a new way every time a change is made with hockey program.frustrating

Comment

Originally posted by RegalFan View Post
      Ultimately the AD is going to make the final decision.
      This is RPI we're talking about. There's only one person who makes final decisions and it isn't the AD.
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

I just re-read the article again. Depending on the reader, you could view it as a sour grapes piece from the alumni. Either you are part of the solution or you aren't. I've never seen any of the guys in that story put their name on or attend a golf outing or other type of fund raiser. And I know it wasn't from a lack invites...

I've never bought the argument that our building is holding us back. Do we need further updates? Sure, but we have a top notch training facility right next door at the ECAV. Union has made HUGE strides in a crappy building due not only to great coaching and recruiting, but in part to expansive growth of the Garnet Blades club. That equates to cold hard cash for the hockey program. As the story related, Seth was doing everything but sharpening skates....commitment and funding from the admin is needed, but they need to harvest the alumni connections --hockey engage the heritage as we move forward with what is hopefully a bright future.
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
          Random thoughts/rants:

- Great reporting by Blum -- best piece of real RPI hockey journalism we've seen in quite some time

- I'm on record as supporting McElroy because I witnessed what he did at UA --and I'll own that stance. That said, his response to the reporter's inquiry was ARROGANT and JUVENILE. It sends an F U message to alumni and fans....Horrible. HORRIBLE

- Having attended the AD's hockey pizza party, I couldn't help but soak in the symbolism when they didn't have enough pizza for the crowd. Mix in the alumni snub, and clearly we are a program at a crossroads. Either they are going to create the framework AND funding to make this a competitive D1 program, or we will wither away. I don't see any middle ground.

The optics of this search are awful. Kevin Beattie needs to start earning his pay and get some positive news perking...ASAP
          Some ADs don't want people that really know their stuff involved.
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Today is 31 March 2017. There are 184 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October 2017 for the start of next season.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
              .....after reading today’s article I looked to see who the author was. Seeing it was Sam Blum, nice job BTW, I wondered if it was from the same person who wrote that “fluff” piece earlier (which is what I copied above). No name was in the by-line though.....
              I am confused. What did you copy above? Could you provide a link? Your last post was about the alumni article.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Next thread:

RPI 2017 Off-Season, Part II: We Post More Now Than During the Season
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                  I can't translate for this moron but I'm guessing the underlying meaning is... JEALOUS!!!!!
                  Oh how wrong you are. It was more of a parody of idiotic Union fans from 2010. But keep telling yourself the same fake news.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                    I just re-read the article again. Depending on the reader, you could view it as a sour grapes piece from the alumni. Either you are part of the solution or you aren't. I've never seen any of the guys in that story put their name on or attend a golf outing or other type of fund raiser. And I know it wasn't from a lack invites...

I've never bought the argument that our building is holding us back. Do we need further updates? Sure, but we have a top notch training facility right next door at the ECAV. Union has made HUGE strides in a crappy building due not only to great coaching and recruiting, but in part to expansive growth of the Garnet Blades club. That equates to cold hard cash for the hockey program. As the story related, Seth was doing everything but sharpening skates....commitment and funding from the admin is needed, but they need to harvest the alumni connections --hockey engage the heritage as we move forward with what is hopefully a bright future.
                    As I read the article, all I could think of was, I hope none of the current recruits read it.
                    I am sure that all of the recruits coming to RPI for the education will still be here, but if they are looking for a professional hockey career, they just might want to opt out.
                    This was not a good read on so many levels.
                    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                    Benjamin Franklin
                    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                    Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      Oh how wrong you are. It was more of a parody of idiotic Union fans from 2010. But keep telling yourself the same fake news.
                      Ok Cliffy! 7 years later Union fans being idiotic still bothers you. Obsessed???

More importantly, I will repeat myself that unless Ben Barr has been a foregone conclusion, this search is a joke! An why the hell Mark Jooris is not the lead candidate right now is just as big of a joke!

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                        This is RPI we're talking about. There's only one person who makes final decisions and it isn't the AD.
                        Sadly, the truth!

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                          Ok Cliffy! 7 years later Union fans being idiotic still bothers you. Obsessed???

More importantly, I will repeat myself that unless Ben Barr has been a foregone conclusion, this search is a joke! An why the hell Mark Jooris is not the lead candidate right now is just as big of a joke!
                          MJ may not be interested.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            Next thread:

RPI 2017 Off-Season, Part II: We Post More Now Than During the Season
                            RPI 2017 Off-Season, Part II: Raising the Barr
                            Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              MJ may not be interested.
                              100% interested.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                                I just re-read the article again. Depending on the reader, you could view it as a sour grapes piece from the alumni. Either you are part of the solution or you aren't. I've never seen any of the guys in that story put their name on or attend a golf outing or other type of fund raiser. And I know it wasn't from a lack invites...I've never bought the argument that our building is holding us back. Do we need further updates? Sure, but we have a top notch training facility right next door at the ECAV. Union has made HUGE strides in a crappy building due not only to great coaching and recruiting, but in part to expansive growth of the Garnet Blades club. That equates to cold hard cash for the hockey program. As the story related, Seth was doing everything but sharpening skates....commitment and funding from the admin is needed, but they need to harvest the alumni connections --hockey engage the heritage as we move forward with what is hopefully a bright future.
                                The building may or may not hold back some recruits but THAT is not the issue of support (read as funding) for a team. It's not just the HC salary either, it's everything.

When alumni are not engaged or don't seem to be it's not about the invites. Think about it, it's an invite to a fund raiser, why not an invite to just meet and talk. Somewhere the relationship went awry. Why, who, what, where and reasoning who knows but a concerted effort needs to be made if that is important. I know and have seen this first hand and how that can change.

If the admin does not care and I mean from the TOP-DOWN then it's a losing battle. Have seen this as well first hand and how it affects athletics.

Look out there, the RPI story is not that different than other schools that have been in this situation. Some have found the answer, some not, but the answer always seems to be some mix of the proper coach, his staff and funding.

Comment

Working...
                                X