Clear All

• Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
    Wow you're old. Just kidding.
    Hey! Not old, maybe seasoned.
    Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

• Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season: We March 4th into the Future

Hearing that there are a number of players on the interview team, which from what I'm told is substantially large. Do you think the AD will listen to who the players feel is the best of the 4 candidates? Considering this is their future and that those already here can't really go any where, they have a lot to win/lose in this process.

Comment

Originally posted by RegalFan View Post
        Hearing that there are a number of players on the interview team, which from what I'm told is substantially large. Do you think the AD will listen to who the players feel is the best of the 4 candidates? Considering this is their future and that those already here can't really go any where, they have a lot to win/lose in this process.
        It seems wrong to me for current players to be involved -- you don't hire your boss. Alums, even current seniors is fine, but not players who will play for him.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

If it’s just a cursory thing, ok, but you don’t have players who will be gone in 1,2,3 yrs. have a voice in this. Maybe it’s like the Hobey voting where the fans vote is 1%.....but hey, we included you.
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            It seems wrong to me for current players to be involved -- you don't hire your boss. Alums, even current seniors is fine, but not players who will play for him.
            I can see the players giving some input, like an end of season interview so to speak. Responding to what worked or did not but in the actual interview? Not sure about that. In the end no matter who is chosen, the question is funding.

Comment

Tough 2 days for #26. Yesterday Foo & today DeSimone, who just signed with SJ.
              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                Victory fo- ...nah...

Comment

Tough 11 years for #55

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                    Tough 11 years for #55
                    That is also true.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      Victory fo- ...nah...
                      I can't translate for this moron but I'm guessing the underlying meaning is... JEALOUS!!!!!

Comment

If it’s just a cursory thing, ok, but you don’t have players who will be gone in 1,2,3 yrs. have a voice in this. Maybe it’s like the Hobey voting where the fans vote is 1%.....but hey, we included you.
                        Why? When picking a school they are really picking a coach to play for so why then not have their input? Ultimately the AD is going to make the final decision. And many corporations today have the employee involved in interviewing their bosses, its really pretty common. Why should the opinion of the janitorial staff or financial aid officials or professors weigh more than the student athlete? If you believe the players shouldn't be involved then how do you feel about the current Assistant Coaches? They're involved in the process, they want to keep their jobs so wouldn't you think Nolan Graham is going to push for Ben Barr since they were teammates and the likelihood of him staying on would be greater? Today's player knows what it takes to win and what their short comings are, shouldn't they at least be afforded the opportunity to make a case for the candidate they feel is best for them and the institution going forward? Just like any business hiring the CEO or in this case the AD is going to make the final decision. In the case of SLU, they hired a coach that the players were not supportive of and if you talk to the parents of those players it hasn't been a good match. IMO and its just my opinion the student athletes currently involved have the most at stake and they should at least be listened to. I'm not saying they should make the decision but their opinions should at least have a voice. And RPI is not the only school that has players as a part of the process. This again is common practice.

Comment

What player knows what connections (for recruiting) a candidate has to say, BC or Ontario or Sweden, etc. Yeah, the current players will be playing for the new HC this year (Seniors anyway) but what about down the road? I just don’t see the need for players to be involved.....at least not in the final decision. Graham’s offensive schemes were woefully inadequate so I’m hoping the new HC will be bringing in someone new.

Comment

Originally posted by RegalFan View Post
                            Why? When picking a school they are really picking a coach to play for so why then not have their input? Ultimately the AD is going to make the final decision. And many corporations today have the employee involved in interviewing their bosses, its really pretty common. Why should the opinion of the janitorial staff or financial aid officials or professors weigh more than the student athlete? If you believe the players shouldn't be involved then how do you feel about the current Assistant Coaches? They're involved in the process, they want to keep their jobs so wouldn't you think Nolan Graham is going to push for Ben Barr since they were teammates and the likelihood of him staying on would be greater? Today's player knows what it takes to win and what their short comings are, shouldn't they at least be afforded the opportunity to make a case for the candidate they feel is best for them and the institution going forward? Just like any business hiring the CEO or in this case the AD is going to make the final decision. In the case of SLU, they hired a coach that the players were not supportive of and if you talk to the parents of those players it hasn't been a good match. IMO and its just my opinion the student athletes currently involved have the most at stake and they should at least be listened to. I'm not saying they should make the decision but their opinions should at least have a voice. And RPI is not the only school that has players as a part of the process. This again is common practice.
                            I agree with turk that it is OK for players to give some input, but they shouldn't be interviewing. As to Graham staying on, wouldn't one of the assistants have to be able to coach goalies?
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              I agree with turk that it is OK for players to give some input, but they shouldn't be interviewing. As to Graham staying on, wouldn't one of the assistants have to be able to coach goalies?
                              ....bring back Darren Puppa AND Oatesy!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                usually it's a HC decision who he keeps or wants as AC. He may keep one for continuity but otherwise they clean house typically

Comment

Working...
                                X