X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season: We March 4th into the Future

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    .....so their “sources” say 4 candidates but they only mention Barr. Do they not even know the other 3?.....were they instructed not to reveal the other 3?......or, like so much that passes as legit news today, there is no “source” & they merely are repeating a name that everyone is familiar with?
    Or they wanted to mention the other three, but the editor nixed it for the belief that viewers would say "Who the hell is that?!".

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      We mathematicians are all about statistics.

I suspect that he was playing through a lot of injuries, some of which we did not know about.
      If I recall didn't he enter RPI having come off shoulder surgery? Who knows if he was ever 100% healed - even with the best doctors available major league pitchers are a crapshoot after having shoulder surgery. Best of luck to Lou in his future endeavors, especially that cure for baldness.
      "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

Originally posted by DeepRed72 View Post
        If I recall didn't he enter RPI having come off shoulder surgery? Who knows if he was ever 100% healed - even with the best doctors available major league pitchers are a crapshoot after having shoulder surgery. Best of luck to Lou in his future endeavors, especially that cure for baldness.
        You are correct. He also had both shoulders operated on while here. Lou was hurt an awful lot during his time in Troy. He is a class kid and contributed way more than his stats would indicate.
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepRed72 View Post
          I thought that was Tironese that had the surgery? Oh well, maybe they both did.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            I thought that was Tironese that had the surgery? Oh well, maybe they both did.
            him too
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              him too
              Multiple players have said to me that rpi strength and condition coaches are brutal. That may be reason for all the injuries. Or all the players are 5.'9 160 lbs. not sure but we have more injuries it seems than any other team
              I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                Multiple players have said to me that rpi strength and condition coaches are brutal. That may be reason for all the injuries. Or all the players are 5.'9 160 lbs. not sure but we have more injuries it seems than any other team
                To be fair, strength and conditioning is one of the selling points of NCAA over Major Junior, because you're not on a 68 game schedule and actually have time to build up. Plus, with how the "dreaded third period" became a common meme here, they had to do something. Whether it's appropriate is something I will leave to those more expert than me.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                  Oh, we're going to play the "blame the trainers" game again. Awesome.
                  Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

according to channel 13 its down to Barr,gosek riga and dave smith.gotta run

Comment

• Originally posted by jstadts View Post
                      Thanks for the update.
                      Gosek coaches Oswego and Dave Smith, Canisius.
                      Is Riga the Q assistant?
                      Last edited by DavidSec17; 03-28-2017, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
                        Thanks for the update.
                        Gosek coaches Oswego and Dave Smith, Canisius.
                        Is Riga the Q assistant?
                        Yes
                        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
                          Coach Smith has a .444 winning percentage, Gosek D III; wow that Parker Search Firm did a bang up job. Of course it's all a charade because its Barr.
                          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

The last time there was a head coaching vacancy Andy Murray was a candidate, a former NHL HC, Mike Cavanaugh now UCONN HC at the time Jerry York's asst. at BC. With all due respect, I don't think this candidate pool even compares.
                            Last edited by AspyDad; 03-28-2017, 07:16 PM.
                            "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Mark Jooris should be the next RPI Coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                                Care to define brutal? New people in place now, and it's not the trainers but the conditioning and strength coaches

Comment

Working...
                                X