This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    It would not surprise me if he ends up at SLU.
    You think he'd end up back at the first school were he go released from his NLI? Now that'd be a unique path to a school.

I actually feel bad for him, 2nd time he's had a coach leave after signing. We say the kids are supposed to sign with a school, not a coach, but that's not how it really works. I wonder if he ends up at UMass back with Carvel?

Comment

• Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season: We March 4th into the Future

I suppose that RPI's new coach could convince him that RPI is still the place for him.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by rsfs04 View Post
        You think he'd end up back at the first school were he go released from his NLI? Now that'd be a unique path to a school.

I actually feel bad for him, 2nd time he's had a coach leave after signing. We say the kids are supposed to sign with a school, not a coach, but that's not how it really works. I wonder if he ends up at UMass back with Carvel?
        He did tweet something like "second time is a charm" when he signed his NLOI with us.

I don't think that he will end up at SLU, just that it would not surprise me. A problem is getting a scholarship at this time. I doubt that he wants to delay another year.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          He did tweet something like "second time is a charm" when he signed his NLOI with us.

I don't think that he will end up at SLU, just that it would not surprise me. A problem is getting a scholarship at this time. I doubt that he wants to delay another year.
          Yep.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Noresmen View Post
            He signed his NLI ... that means the AD would have to release him. And if he releases him he can put restrictions on where he can sign. Such as no ECAC schools.
            AD won't release him. And he's too old to make MJ effective.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              AD won't release him. And he's too old to make MJ effective.
              I certainly hope he is coming because he seems to be getting better as the year has progressed, but something caused the USHL to remove his commitment from their list.

MJ is indeed getting old, but he could still help the RPI basketball team.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Not strictly RPI hockey related but Union had kind of a bad third period today against Penn State.
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  Not strictly RPI hockey related but Union had kind of a bad third period today against Penn State.
                  I guess they did.

Penn State let Union come from behind three times, then rang up seven unanswered (the last five of them in the third period).

Wonder if any other school has ever scored ten goals in its first-ever NCAA tournament game?

Comment

Today is 26 March 2017. There are 189 days (27 weeks) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October 2017 for the start of next season.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                      I guess they did.

Penn State let Union come from behind three times, then rang up seven unanswered (the last five of them in the third period).

Wonder if any other school has ever scored ten goals in its first-ever NCAA tournament game?
                      I think that more than 10 goals in a game has only been done 6 times overall but exactly 10 goals has been done 8 previous times. I would guess that a first time team has not done it recently but in the early years, when goals were scored by the bucket full, and most teams were new to the tournament, it probably was done. i would guess Colorado College perhaps since they used to run up some big numbers in the early years.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                        I think that more than 10 goals in a game has only been done 6 times overall but exactly 10 goals has been done 8 previous times. I would guess that a first time team has not done it recently but in the early years, when goals were scored by the bucket full, and most teams were new to the tournament, it probably was done. i would guess Colorado College perhaps since they used to run up some big numbers in the early years.
                        MTU scored 10 in its first tourney game which was in 1956. http://www.augenblick.org/chha/ncaa_trn.html

That looks like the only other time that it was done.
                        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-26-2017, 10:48 AM.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

There goes Lou Nanne
                          https://***********/lounanne11

Comment

Originally posted by Go Puckman View Post
                            There goes Lou Nanne
                            That was unexpected, at least for me. And due to graduating early of all things.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              That was unexpected, at least for me. And due to graduating early of all things.
                              A BS in Biomendical Engineering in three years... that's an achievement... congrats to Lou Nanne. Blessings and best wishes. Thank you for being an Engineer.

Comment

Originally posted by Go Puckman View Post
                                There goes Lou Nanne
                                A bit of a spark plug out there on the ice and his style and speed will be missed. He got his degree and that is mostly what it is all about and he is a credit to RPI. Wish him the best.

Comment

Working...
                                X