X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season: We March 4th into the Future

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    They can still do it if they want to. Just curious, though... how many years after RPI exposed that did they stop the format? After all, the rules seem to change a lot when RPI has success...
    Or makes too much noise.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      They can still do it if they want to. Just curious, though... how many years after RPI exposed that did they stop the format? After all, the rules seem to change a lot when RPI has success...
      RPI won that game in 1987. The format ended in 1991 when they went to a single game quarterfinals in 1992. After #10 RPI knocked off #1 Harvard in OT, they quickly went back to Best of 3 the following season without the mini-game.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        Where were you sitting? Jen and i were there as that was during the long stretch where we missed virtually no games. Your details given are spot on. At the time i never understood what Adessa was thinking in that game when he pulled our goalie. Not sure that made the difference but if it did, it was brilliant. You could not have missed us as we were dressed in a rather flamboyant RPI manner. I had a bright red cashmere topcoat over my 1985 RPI championship sweater and Jenny wore a full length red mink (everything is full length on her due to her very demure stature) and really hot red spiked heels. Liked that rink a lot as it seemed like we were sitting right on top of the ice.
        Good god, that was 30 years ago. I do remember sitting by one of the faceoff circles up high (maybe in the top row). Pretty amazing that you can remember what both you and Jenny wore. My friend and I probably saw you at the game, but didn't know you back then.
        I do remember why Addesa kept pulling the goalie during each PP. I think he was just trying to give the offense some confidence. We did score some PPG but gave up a couple of ENG.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
          Good god, that was 30 years ago. I do remember sitting by one of the faceoff circles up high (maybe in the top row). Pretty amazing that you can remember what both you and Jenny wore. My friend and I probably saw you at the game, but didn't know you back then.
          I do remember why Addesa kept pulling the goalie during each PP. I think he was just trying to give the offense some confidence. We did score some PPG but gave up a couple of ENG.
          Even if Doc & Miss Jenny are at a game today you’ll still notice them
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

• Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
            I think Doc remembers what they wore because he remembers what happened afterward
            Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Today is 12 March 2017. There are 203 days (29 weeks) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October 2017 for the start of next season.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                Listened to that one on the radio on Campus. He pulled the goalie to tire out the opposing goalie for the 10 min mini game. That's what was reported in the Poly and it was the radio crew's read on it too.

Had the pleasure of going to the Colgate rink once in that era. My strongest memory was that some kid in the corner had a long pole with a rubber chicken on a string that he would hang out over the ice and swing around after every home goal. This may have been a year or two later than the mini game.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                  Listened to that one on the radio on Campus. He pulled the goalie to tire out the opposing goalie for the 10 min mini game. That's what was reported in the Poly and it was the radio crew's read on it too.

Had the pleasure of going to the Colgate rink once in that era. My strongest memory was that some kid in the corner had a long pole with a rubber chicken on a string that he would hang out over the ice and swing around after every home goal. This may have been a year or two later than the mini game.
                  That certainly makes sense. I didn't know that.
                  I do remember the fishing pole with the rubber chicken. That was on the end where I was sitting for the mini-game. But I'm not sure when he was doing that. The last time I was at Colgate was back in 1994.

Comment

Today is 13 March 2017. There are 202 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October 2017 for the start of next season.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                      Even if Doc & Miss Jenny are at a game today you’ll still notice them
                      Always remember-it is not how you feel that is important. It is how you look!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                        I think Doc remembers what they wore because he remembers what happened afterward
                        Back in those days we were attending almost every game home and on the road. Jenny actually used to keep track as she never wanted us to wear the same things to the same rink twice. of course HFH was difficult as we were there most often but Lake Placid was also difficult as she always felt that was the place to really dress well for so that RPI fans made the best appearance. In the old days, thank God for Cohoes manufacturing just north of Troy. Nowadays it is thank God for Flemington Furs here in NJ.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                          Yup. But those were in the good 'young' days in a galaxy far away.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                            Back in those days we were attending almost every game home and on the road. Jenny actually used to keep track as she never wanted us to wear the same things to the same rink twice. of course HFH was difficult as we were there most often but Lake Placid was also difficult as she always felt that was the place to really dress well for so that RPI fans made the best appearance. In the old days, thank God for Cohoes manufacturing just north of Troy. Nowadays it is thank God for Flemington Furs here in NJ.
                            You never had a lucky shirt of jacket that you had to wear always?
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Record article about the future of RPI hockey http://www.troyrecord.com/opinion/20...ive-rpi-hockey.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                Record article about the future of RPI hockey http://www.troyrecord.com/opinion/20...ive-rpi-hockey.
                                Writer seems to have forgotten Union doing way more with less... No disputing seth was great at the off ice community work... as was his predecessor. I do agree with the part regarding spending big on the East campus and so little on the field house.

Comment

Working...
                                X