X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season: We March 4th into the Future

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I am sure that someone remembers this. When ECAC playoffs consisted of two games followed by a minigame, how long was the minigame? The reason that I was thinking about this is that the Finnish U20 league where RPI recruit Atte Tuliara plays (when not injured) uses a similar format in their first-round series. There the minigames are 20-minutes long and played entirely 3-on-3. I am sure that the ECAC games were not 3-on-3, but I don't recall how long they were.
    I think the mini-games in the ECAC were 10 mins (?). I'm thinking of that mini-game win against Colgate in the late 80s after Addesa kept pulling the goalie for an extra skater in game 2 (an RPI loss) to tire out the Colgate goalie. Maybe someone who was there knows for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by vicious View Post
      I think the mini-games in the ECAC were 10 mins (?). I'm thinking of that mini-game win against Colgate in the late 80s after Addesa kept pulling the goalie for an extra skater in game 2 (an RPI loss) to tire out the Colgate goalie. Maybe someone who was there knows for sure.
      10 minutes was my thought also, but I was not sure.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

pretty sure it was 10 minutes. "mini" was not an exaggeration.
        Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
            the biggest question is does the goalie still come in this fall perry is just a good #2 not a starter
            Since you claim to have all this credible inside information, why don't you tell us the answer?
            Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
              the biggest question is does the goalie still come in this fall perry is just a good #2 not a starter
              Don't have a dog in this fight but Perry's season grades out pretty close to Kasdorfs 14/15 season.

Comment

We have competition on the search for a new coach.

And so enters the troll to gloat, I bet... boot_walt_kyle for the uninitiated, assuming he wasn't banned

Comment

I am sure that someone remembers this. When ECAC playoffs consisted of two games followed by a minigame, how long was the minigame? The reason that I was thinking about this is that the Finnish U20 league where RPI recruit Atte Tuliara plays (when not injured) uses a similar format in their first-round series. There the minigames are 20-minutes long and played entirely 3-on-3. I am sure that the ECAC games were not 3-on-3, but I don't recall how long they were.
                  Mini-games are 20 minutes long, and it is actually still on the books, under Appendix A. They are played 5-on-5, do not count towards win/loss, but are considered complete games.

Comment

• Originally posted by vicious View Post
                    Hate to disagree with you FD, but mini-games were 10 minutes long. I was at that Colgate game and for the first 8 minutes my heart was in my throat as the game was scoreless. We scored with about 90 seconds left, and added an ENG to pull out a 2-0 win and a trip to Lake Placid. I remember Steve Duncan was in net for the mini-game. For some reason, he did not play in the regular game. Adessa was probably resting him for the mini-game. Not sure why, but, Duncan always played outstanding against Colgate.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                      Thought for sure that Riley B. would have been the first to sign with someone. But, congrats Parker!
                      17:00 TOL Shane Berschbach (15) ASST: Parker Reno (1), J.P. LaFontaine (10)
                      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Today is 11 March 2017. There are 204 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October 2017 for the start of next season.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Hate to disagree with you FD, but mini-games were 10 minutes long. I was at that Colgate game and for the first 8 minutes my heart was in my throat as the game was scoreless. We scored with about 90 seconds left, and added an ENG to pull out a 2-0 win and a trip to Lake Placid. I remember Steve Duncan was in net for the mini-game. For some reason, he did not play in the regular game. Adessa was probably resting him for the mini-game. Not sure why, but, Duncan always played outstanding against Colgate.
                          They may have been then, but I only quoted what is in the rule book now, given my usage of the present tense and the phrase "still on the books". Times can certainly change; After all, overtimes used to be 10 minutes instead of 20...

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            They may have been then, but I only quoted what is in the rule book now, given my usage of the present tense and the phrase "still on the books". Times can certainly change; After all, overtimes used to be 10 minutes instead of 20...
                            That was an ECAC rule about the mini-games. They probably just didn't want to have 3 games in 3 nights. I thought it was incredibly exciting. There was about a 20 minute intermission between the two games. It was treated as a completely different game, you could change lineups if you wanted to which is what Addesa did with Steve Duncan and a couple other players.
                            And yes, all OT games used to be 10 minutes instead of 5.

Oh, and if the most mini-game was tied after the 10 minutes, they then played sudden death until someone scored.

Comment

That was an ECAC rule about the mini-games. They probably just didn't want to have 3 games in 3 nights. I thought it was incredibly exciting. There was about a 20 minute intermission between the two games. It was treated as a completely different game, you could change lineups if you wanted to which is what Addesa did with Steve Duncan and a couple other players.
                              And yes, all OT games used to be 10 minutes instead of 5.

Oh, and if the most mini-game was tied after the 10 minutes, they then played sudden death until someone scored.
                              They can still do it if they want to. Just curious, though... how many years after RPI exposed that did they stop the format? After all, the rules seem to change a lot when RPI has success...

Comment

Where were you sitting? Jen and i were there as that was during the long stretch where we missed virtually no games. Your details given are spot on. At the time i never understood what Adessa was thinking in that game when he pulled our goalie. Not sure that made the difference but if it did, it was brilliant. You could not have missed us as we were dressed in a rather flamboyant RPI manner. I had a bright red cashmere topcoat over my 1985 RPI championship sweater and Jenny wore a full length red mink (everything is full length on her due to her very demure stature) and really hot red spiked heels. Liked that rink a lot as it seemed like we were sitting right on top of the ice.
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X