This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season: We March 4th into the Future

Was just thinking about candidates for the vacant RPI coaching position. What about Paul Pearl, Associate Head Coach at Harvard? No one can deny Harvard's resurgence in the last three years since he has been there helping with recruiting and setting the defence.

Comment

-Shouldn't the department have some names in mind that they want the firm to look at/talk to? As a hockey fan, it is easy to think of a quality list: Barr(umass), O'Connell(BU), Brown(BC), Keefe(Northeastern), Pearl(Harvard), Syer(Cornell), Riga (Qpac), Dumais(Qpac), Muse(Chicago-USHL), Lammers(Dubuque-USHL), Cole(USNTDP). Most of these guys are coaching in the Northeast, or have coached there with success in the past. Cole because of the USNTDP experience

-And this doesn't even include the list of pro/AHL coaches that have college/Northeast experience: Kleinendorst(Binghamton), Lalonde(Iowa), Dean(Providence)

Comment

I still think Adam Oates gets the first phone call - even just as a courtesy. No expectations, but what a recruiting hook it would be to be able to play for one of the best face-off / assist guys in the history of the game.

Originally posted by Jstas91 View Post
        -Shouldn't the department have some names in mind that they want the firm to look at/talk to? As a hockey fan, it is easy to think of a quality list: Barr(umass), O'Connell(BU), Brown(BC), Keefe(Northeastern), Pearl(Harvard), Syer(Cornell), Riga (Qpac), Dumais(Qpac), Muse(Chicago-USHL), Lammers(Dubuque-USHL), Cole(USNTDP). Most of these guys are coaching in the Northeast, or have coached there with success in the past. Cole because of the USNTDP experience

-And this doesn't even include the list of pro/AHL coaches that have college/Northeast experience: Kleinendorst(Binghamton), Lalonde(Iowa), Dean(Providence)

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Does anyone know what the responsibilities are of the company hired for the coach choice?
          My surmise is that they would perform background checks, for one thing. We've seen a few stories from time to time in sports in general about coaches who made claims about their education and achievements that were later found to be, um, "unverifiable."

They probably also help with scheduling and logistics; the nuts and bolts stuff of who talks to whom when, by phone or face to face, how do they get there for the latter, etc.
          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
              Congrats to PR. I was wondering if any of seniors would play a few games in the pros this year.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Thought for sure that Riley B. would have been the first to sign with someone. But, congrats Parker!

Comment

Today is 10 March 2017. There are 205 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October 2017 for the start of next season.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Friday 3/10/17 RPI on the outside looking in. Depressing.
                    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                    Benjamin Franklin
                    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                    Gary Player

Comment

I decided to post this here instead of the recruit thread since more people will read this. RPI recruit Matt Cameron and the North Jersey Avalanche U16 team will be playing in the best-of-3 finals of the Atlantic District minor midget tourney next weekend in West Chester, PA if anyone nearby is interested in attending. http://www.atlantic-district.org/Ice...mpionships.pdf Their opponent is being determined this weekend. The winner goes to the National tourney. Saturday and Sunday, 3/18 and 3/19, at 3:30 PM, Monday 3/20 at 11:15 AM if needed.

Of course with a new regime coming to Troy, it is possible that Cameron, a 2019 recruit, may go elsewhere. There are many other D-I recruits on the team. See Chris Heisenberg's list under 2018 and 2019 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1299962053.
                      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-10-2017, 08:47 AM.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

the biggest question is does the goalie still come in this fall perry is just a good #2 not a starter
                        I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                          the biggest question is does the goalie still come in this fall perry is just a good #2 not a starter
                          It is a big question.

I am not convinced that Perry won't be the starter, or they could each play one game per weekend. Both he and Linden Marshall will be given a shot as they would have under SA. I do hope that Marshall does indeed come.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                            That's odd. I always thought you were a good #2.
                            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

We have competition on the search for a new coach.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I am sure that someone remembers this. When ECAC playoffs consisted of two games followed by a minigame, how long was the minigame? The reason that I was thinking about this is that the Finnish U20 league where RPI recruit Atte Tuliara plays (when not injured) uses a similar format in their first-round series. There the minigames are 20-minutes long and played entirely 3-on-3. I am sure that the ECAC games were not 3-on-3, but I don't recall how long they were.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X